ImageImageImageImageImage

why don't we pad bosh's stats

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

orangutooth
Sixth Man
And1: 101

why don't we pad bosh's stats 

Post#1 » by orangutooth » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:09 pm

well the season is over and if colangelo has half a brain he will trade bosh since dude is gonna walk anyway.

i think if bosh is putting up 25 and 10 he seems like way more of an asset than a guy who puts up 22 and 9 so lets run plays to pad his stats and run every play for him.

i think some people will argue we ought to give more touches to guys like kapono, joey and bargnani so they can "develop" or up their value but

a) playing joey more means we have to pay him more to keep him
b) bargnani will likely have the run of the team and all the shots he wants next season anyway
c) kapono is a bum

what do you guys think?
Sam wasn't the solution, but he wasn't the problem either
- Harry Palmer
223red
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: why don't we pad bosh's stats 

Post#2 » by 223red » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:14 pm

orangutooth wrote:c) kapono is a bum

This was spot on.
alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#3 » by alpha » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:15 pm

I take """C"""
tradedmascot_14
Senior

Post#4 » by tradedmascot_14 » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:20 pm

I think everybody around the league is aware of Bosh and his skill set. Padding his stats is not going to up his value IMO. The other organizations would see right through that.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#5 » by Avenger » Wed Mar 4, 2009 7:20 pm

GM's know how good Bosh is and how good he can be, i don't see the next 20 games making a difference in terms of his perceived value
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#6 » by LLJ » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:14 pm

Great, I'll bring the pillows and the gnome!

Jounster
Banned User

Post#7 » by Jounster » Wed Mar 4, 2009 8:17 pm

Bosh doesnt need his stats padded, everyone knows his value

the same cant be said for anyone else on this team though, he would be the last guy that would need stat padding to increase value lol
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#8 » by zilby » Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:38 pm

bcuz

a) if he pads, ppl consider you a d***e.
b) ppl will think nothing of it cuz its garbage time
c)all of the reasons above
Hawaiian pizza is good.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#9 » by J-Roc » Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:40 pm

Because even if no one guarded Bosh, he'd still take jumpshots.

Btw, for those that couldn't watch the game, CB took another one of his patented early shot-clock 3's. W T F ? ? ?
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#10 » by The Chucker » Wed Mar 4, 2009 10:52 pm

In my opinion, I wouldn’t re-sign Joey Graham. Graham is playing beyond expectation this season which means that he could possibly ask Colangelo for more money. Instead of going with Graham, I’ll go after Matt Barnes. Barnes’s offense may be inconsistent, but he brings defense night in and night out. Graham is a player with potential, but in my opinion I would have to go with Barnes since he is a solid contributor plus he can be sign for a fairly cheap price.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#11 » by zilby » Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:08 pm

J-Roc wrote:Because even if no one guarded Bosh, he'd still take jumpshots.

Btw, for those that couldn't watch the game, CB took another one of his patented early shot-clock 3's. W T F ? ? ?

i hope he made it.
Hawaiian pizza is good.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#12 » by Kabookalu » Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:34 pm

The only way he's going to up his value right now is if he played great defense, but in that instance we might as well just keep him.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#13 » by J-Roc » Wed Mar 4, 2009 11:36 pm

zilby wrote:

i hope he made it.

No. He didn't. Matt and Jack were speechless for a moment.
EventHorizon
Assistant Coach
And1: 306

Post#14 » by EventHorizon » Thu Mar 5, 2009 12:14 am

Bosh should be traded to end this endless distracting fiasco. Every year we get complaints about him, this second half of the season truly revealed his character.
Jounster
Banned User

Post#15 » by Jounster » Thu Mar 5, 2009 12:16 am

J-Roc wrote:
zilby wrote:

i hope he made it.

no they really werent, he had made something like 4/6 or 5/7 shots in a span of afew minutes, him and bargnani were simply on fire and he was wide open, lets not try to make this into something that lost us the game or something way bigger then it is
Denisaur9
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#16 » by Denisaur9 » Thu Mar 5, 2009 12:30 am

We have been for the last 4 years, his stats have been very inflated, because he is a GOOG(not great) player on a bad team.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#17 » by Kabookalu » Thu Mar 5, 2009 12:41 am

Denisaur9 wrote:We have been for the last 4 years, his stats have been very inflated, because he is a GOOG(not great) player on a bad team.

I don't see how this argument still holds water. He was a great player on an excellent team in the national team. Under a competent defensive system such as Cleveland, he would be a terror defensively and just about unguardable offensively.
Courtside
RealGM
And1: 12,379

Post#18 » by Courtside » Thu Mar 5, 2009 12:53 am

Jounster wrote:Bosh doesnt need his stats padded, everyone knows his value

This is correct. Bosh has been the same player for 3 years now and his value is pretty much set.

His value could actually go up a great deal, but it would involve playing with hustle and bringing the D on a nightly basis - something very unlikely given our location in the standings and likelihood of missing the playoffs. Better to reduce his playing time as much as possible, while keeping his stats as close to his averages as possible. So a different sort of stat padding by keeping them at their current levels.
AllKnowingNBAer
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#19 » by AllKnowingNBAer » Thu Mar 5, 2009 1:29 am

THE PROBLEM LIES AT THE TOP OF THE RAPTORS ORGANIZATION

I like the comment made by Choker about Bosh going to a team like the Cavs and becoming a terror defensively. In the two year's BC has been here, he is still looking for his coach. Everybody knows that Sam was a stop gap solution. There are very few good coaches out there, and BC is just biding his time to snag a good one the same way MLSE jumped at the chance to snag BC.

Anybody who wants to trade Bosh is a fool. We're not losing because of Bosh's inabilities. We're losing due to the lack of stability and poor coaching. Changing rosters and coaches every year until we get it right is not the answer. Stick with the talented players you have, don't trade them away for change when times are hard, and wait for that opportunity.

Look at the Lakers. 3 years ago, Kobe demanded a trade and the Lakers missed the playoffs. If they traded away Kobe, they would have been a lottery team since then (probably a West Coast Knicks). Then all of a sudden, they draft Bynum at number 10, jump on a Gasol trade, make some solid free agent signings, and they're in the NBA Finals. Sure, I don't expect such luck to come our way, but I feel everyone would agree that a Caron Butler type who is on a team that has thrown themselves into luxury tax hell for the next three years in a faltering economy, could suddenly become available for cap space and a lotto pick. (wink wink)
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#20 » by J-Roc » Thu Mar 5, 2009 1:33 am

Jounster wrote:
J-Roc wrote:
zilby wrote:i hope he made it.

no they really werent, he had made something like 4/6 or 5/7 shots in a span of afew minutes, him and bargnani were simply on fire and he was wide open, lets not try to make this into something that lost us the game or something way bigger then it is

I feel the little things in his play are part of the losing culture on this team. A good team starts off like the Raps, but keeps trying to play proper ball throughout. Sure, take J's till you miss, then try to go inside.

But a 3 pointer by Bosh is a wasted possession. That's not the leadership you need from your superstar. It's taking the game for granted. Just IMO. And to be honest, it surprised me because I thought Bosh had consciously decided to stop taking 3's for the rest of the season...unless it was a short clock situation of course.

Return to Toronto Raptors