ImageImageImageImageImage

One of this year

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,685

Re: One of this year 

Post#41 » by Duffman100 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:39 pm

Let me get this straight.

We are suppose to watch this team play without heart, without hustle, without toughness, with no regard for their home crowd, and cheer for them blindly while they blow late game leads?

Umm...no.

Fans will cheer when you win and boo when you lose. Every sport, every city, that's the way it happens.

When you play like pansies, like gutless losers (such as our beloved Raptors) you're going to get booed.

Quite frankly, I'd rather be a fan of the Thunder right now. At least that team gives 100% every game, leaves it on the court.

This team rarely goes 100%, hell, it's the first thing Marion said when he got here "This team doesn't work as hard as they should" and it shows on the court.
theSkinny
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,277

Post#42 » by theSkinny » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:40 pm

bakafool wrote:lol @ the excuses. Excuses excuses. We Canadians are very good at two things: 1) Passive Complaining and 2) Making excuses. 3) Talking about the weather

Fixed?
arrpy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5

Post#43 » by arrpy » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:43 pm

I always thought Toronto had some of the best fans...
RapsGirl
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#44 » by RapsGirl » Fri Mar 6, 2009 7:56 pm

i don't think the attitude the fans have/had this year is the problem....as much as it is the by-product. the barometer, if you will. as the team goes....so go we.

good or bad.
Mikistan
RealGM
And1: 38,376

Post#45 » by Mikistan » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:06 pm

Sure, blame everyone except for the players.
dirtybird
Pro Prospect

Post#46 » by dirtybird » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:08 pm

I suggest to the OP to go check out the forums of all the other bad teams and see how active they are. The Raptors fans are certainly not the problem. If half the teams had fans as passionate as Raptor fans, the NBA would not have had to borrow $200M to "bail" some teams out. I'll take a few crazies over a shadow of a fan base any day. I could only image what it would be like if the Raps were one of the elite teams in this league.
Duffman100
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 62,685

Post#47 » by Duffman100 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:12 pm

Maybe the Raptor players can buy themselves gold tissues and diamond prozac pills to help them deal with the fans.
Mikestro
Sixth Man
And1: 1,284

Post#48 » by Mikestro » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:22 pm

Now you know why they call Toronto "Screw-Face Capital".
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#49 » by Gold Chain » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:30 pm

Maybe in sports, but there are many other facets of Toronto that exude confidence and demand respect. Toronto has some heavy hitters that are not very insecure.

Are you talking about the rich elite? There are some, but far too few in actual positions that could change the city. The fact is Toronto has stalled as a city for the past 3-4 years because indecisive management, etc,. It's still the financial sector of Canada but it's no longer looked at the way it was in the late 80s-mid 90s.

There has been a growing sense of insecurity amongst its citizens for almost a decade now. Used to be bad comments about Toronto would roll off our backs. Not so these days.

No, not at all. I don't know anything about the rich elite. I live my life in and around entertainment and that was what I was getting at. I don't hang around lawyers, bankers, financial people, clerks etc and so for the most part I cannot comment on that facet. This is a area that I know little about and will refrain comment on.

I was talking about singers, comedians, bands, fashion designers, writers, actors, dj's etc who have had some success abroad and have shined a positive light on Toronto and it's talents. I think Toronto has a great rep world wide for this sort of thing and that was what i was eluding to. Some of these people have really helped Toronto's image and are a major thorn in the side of the "screw face" contingent. I am as proud of Toronto and it's exports as anyone and hence am proud of Toronto and it's people.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#50 » by Hendrix » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:44 pm

Knicks fans are generally portrayed by the media as some of the best fans in the league.

Does anyone think that the Knicks wouldn't be boo'd by the fans if you implant the Raptors season/expectation/effort/ etc... into NYC? or worse yet like a ton of other cities just not show up for games.

Raps fans show up, and cheer when the team is working hard. That's their job, not to cheer blindly when the team failed miserably to meet expectations, and doesn't seem to try. Basketball is entertainment, and nobody's going to cheer when they just caughed u a few hundred bucks, and arn;t entertained.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#51 » by whoknows » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:45 pm

The title shows immature thinking....

Do you think Raps players would prefer the NJ, Memphis, etc fans support more?
Would they prefer to play to empty seats instead of a home crowd?
Is it because the Raps home fans are rightfully booing the lack of effort?

The players that say yes, I don't want them in my team.
I don't want players with no heart in my team.

Winning or loosing, leave it on the floor. All the players talk about a (Please Use More Appropriate Word) "110 %" effort.
How many of them walk the walk? Certainly not our beloved franchise player, who I assure you, will not be that much missed as some here imply.
Shaq is right, CB4 lately puts more effort into being an entertainer (utube, blogs, etc) rather than playing like a true NBA big on the floor.
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,100

Post#52 » by C Court » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:47 pm

Yup. 19,000 fans showing up each night to watch a bad basketball team is a real problem. And all the fans filling up forums with Raptors talk is a real problem.

I suppose the OP wishes we just didn't care like Memphis, Sacramento, Minnesota, Charlotte, Indy, Milwaukee, NJ, Philly and other cities.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,927

Post#53 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Mar 6, 2009 8:51 pm

JO and AP have gone out of their way to thank the fans this year. So, two key players who play the games and have been around a long time don't see the fans as a problem. Why should you?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#54 » by J-Roc » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:01 pm

Barbagnani wrote:Fans should boo bad teams. The Raptors are a bad team. Therefore the fans should boo the Raptors.

Fans aren't even going to just boo bad teams. Fans are more educated than they get respect for. Fans won't boo a bad shooter for missing a shot. But if the bad shooter is taking a shot at the wrong time (early in the clock, better shooter was open), then the fans will boo.
whoknows
General Manager
And1: 1,495

Post#55 » by whoknows » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:32 pm

J-Roc wrote:
Barbagnani wrote:Fans should boo bad teams. The Raptors are a bad team. Therefore the fans should boo the Raptors.

Fans aren't even going to just boo bad teams. Fans are more educated than they get respect for. Fans won't boo a bad shooter for missing a shot. But if the bad shooter is taking a shot at the wrong time (early in the clock, better shooter was open), then the fans will boo.

They also boo the lack of effort and lack of mental toughness.
chrome381
Starter

Post#56 » by chrome381 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:37 pm

Bringbackoakley wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:This organization has great fans. In fact, they are too good. Many have stayed loyal to Colangelo despite his lack of a real plan and stayed loyal to Bosh despite his lack of defense, toughness, and clutchness.

Seems like you will take a shot at Bosh any chance you get.

theonlyeastcostraptorsfan is way worse than this guy, he actually goes on theses forum with the intent to attack and criticize bosh any chance he possibly can
tush
Pro Prospect
And1: 11

Post#57 » by tush » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:37 pm

see signature.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#58 » by Hendrix » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:41 pm

gerrit4 wrote:I agree. I've been to about 15 games this year. Rarely are the fans in it as much as the last two years. Does it reflect the team's lack of effort? Of course. But also the level of knowledge has been very disappointing. People cheer when an opposing team misses a wide open three pointer, boo when they hit a fadeaway three with a hand in their face. They boo when the raps miss an open shot on a good offensive set, boo when a lucky shot goes in.

I think that's not true at all really. When the fans do boo (and it's really not all that much) it's usually because the team shows no effort, notcause they just missed a shot or anything. Usually boo's come down when the Raps give up 3 offensoive rebounds in a row during a game when they've shwon no effort on the boards, or after someone clanks a lazy jumper after the teams shot 20 jumpers in a row and shown no effort to go inside. usually this happens when the other team is pulling away (the same story we've seen a million times) and the Raptors arn't putting in the effort to fight, just letting it happen.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
chrome381
Starter

Post#59 » by chrome381 » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:41 pm

Lol i love your simple logic, what about the thunder tho? their a terrible team yet their fans fill up the seats every game and continue to cheer for them despite them being garbage.
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#60 » by alivinglegend » Fri Mar 6, 2009 9:43 pm

chrome381 wrote:

Lol i love your simple logic, what about the thunder tho? their a terrible team yet their fans fill up the seats every game and continue to cheer for them despite them being garbage.

Only because the Thunder are in essence an expansion team, Raptor fans showed up and did the same thing back in the 95/96 season, now 13 years later we want something a little bit more than this lazy team is showing.
Jamario Moon Trancends Time And Space

Return to Toronto Raptors