ImageImageImageImageImage

Williams or Bosh?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,140

Re: Williams or Bosh? 

Post#21 » by gp2015 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:16 pm

SuigintouEV wrote:chris bosh is a flawed 4, but he'd look nice in a 3rd option role.

Bosh, a 23ppg as a third option? Come on. Perhaps in crunch time but the rest of the game he would be second option at the least on any team, even on championship teams like Lakers or Celtics.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#22 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:18 pm

Bosh's best ball was at the Olympics, when he was the 7th option.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#23 » by gp2015 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:19 pm

J-Roc wrote:Bosh's best ball was at the Olympics, when he was the 7th option.

Thanks for the useless point.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#24 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:21 pm

gp2015 wrote:

Okay I was joking, but don't a lot of people like to remind us of how well Bosh played at the Olympics.
hype_2004
RealGM
And1: 4,664

Post#25 » by hype_2004 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:25 pm

SuigintouEV wrote:I'm sick of hearing we need a PG.a

what we need is a top 10 player, PERIOD.
IE someone who's top 2 or 3 at his position.

Someone who draws doubkle teams, who can score at will, and pass with the best of them too/

To be a top team you need a top player.

Jose calderon isn't a penetrating PG but he would look amazing next to dwyane wade or lebron james.
andrea bargnani is a flawed C but he'd look amazing next to tim duncan or dwight howard at the 4
chris bosh is a flawed 4, but he'd look nice in a 3rd option role.
marion is not a top 3 small forward, he's FLAWED. replace him with paul pierce and we'd be on pace for 45 wins.
Parker is a spot up shooter, he'd look nice on the magic

we have a lot of pieces on this team who don't FIT TOGETHER

This team doesn't have a player with a killer instinct, we don't have that gamebreaker on offense and defense that is willing to put their ass on the line every single game. We need guys that are clutch performers, someone who consistently has that knack late in games to make the big play when it matters. Whether they be on offense or defense, that is what is missing in this Raptors squad.
Troubadour
RealGM
And1: 8,192

Post#26 » by Troubadour » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:30 pm

J-Roc wrote:
gp2015 wrote:

Okay I was joking, but don't a lot of people like to remind us of how well Bosh played at the Olympics.

You actually have a point. When Bosh doesn't have the pressure to be the star, he has the comfort to be one of the best players on the floor.

Which is why Chris Bosh = Shareef Abdur Rahim II
SHootaR
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#27 » by SHootaR » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:34 pm

given that we have bargs. easily yes.

and trade jose for a 2nd rounder if he can fetch that..
gp2015
RealGM

Post#28 » by gp2015 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:35 pm

Troubadour wrote:You actually have a point. When Bosh doesn't have the pressure to be the star, he has the comfort to be one of the best players on the floor.

Which is why Chris Bosh = Shareef Abdur Rahim II

WTF? He has been one of the best players in the league through the early part of this season when he is the only "star" on this team. Seems like he's getting healthy again in the past 5 and he's been clearly one of the best players out there each game so I don't know what you're talking about.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#29 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:37 pm

Forget Boozer who didn't play today. Look at the quality of talent on the floor today with Deron Williams.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#30 » by Death Knight » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:39 pm

SHootaR wrote:given that we have bargs. easily yes.

and trade jose for a 2nd rounder if he can fetch that..

Maybe a first rounder if we threw Kapono in there.
ForeverTFC
RealGM
And1: 14,402

Post#31 » by ForeverTFC » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:40 pm

Absolutly.

And this is no knock on Bosh. Were talking about the second best PG in the league.

I think Chris Bosh would trade Chris Bosh for Deron Williams.
Ill
RealGM
And1: 1,275

Post#32 » by Ill » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:40 pm

J-Roc wrote:So today, in the 4th Q, the ball always goes to Deron or Bosh.

Deron makes plays for himself and teammates.

Bosh hogs the ball and ends up scoring a few times...but not all times...and he also ends up freezing out his teammates and they all go cold.

yes, that's also the difference between a point guard and a power forward...deron had single-coverage from jose of all people, while bosh was at least double-triple teamed every position, he can only do so much...if someone played jose-like defence on bosh today, instead of him being swarmed, this conversation wouldn't even be taking place
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#33 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:41 pm

Ill wrote:
J-Roc wrote:So today, in the 4th Q, the ball always goes to Deron or Bosh.

Deron makes plays for himself and teammates.

Bosh hogs the ball and ends up scoring a few times...but not all times...and he also ends up freezing out his teammates and they all go cold.

yes, that's also the difference between a point guard and a power forward...deron had single-coverage from jose of all people, while bosh was at least double-triple teamed every position, he can only do so much...if someone played jose-like defence on bosh today, instead of him being swarmed, this conversation wouldn't even be taking place

All Bosh has to do is pass out. But to pass out, you need to be ready for the double/triple. You need to have your eyes open on your teammates. Bosh genuinely looks surprised the double is coming.
gp2015
RealGM

Post#34 » by gp2015 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:48 pm

J-Roc wrote:All Bosh has to do is pass out. But to pass out, you need to be ready for the double/triple. You need to have your eyes open on your teammates. Bosh genuinely looks surprised the double is coming.

The sad part is, Bosh going against double and triple teams is still probably be our best option at the end of games. Other than maybe Bargs, who else who would you want on this team with the ball at the end of games?

I can't say I blame Bosh for forcing the issue. We really have no other plays drawn up nor do we have anyone else capable of taking over.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#35 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:53 pm

If Bosh was to expect the double, and even demand the double with his own dribble, he could time his pass out to give guys clean looks. No one would knock him if others were missing open shots and he was doing his job.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#36 » by timdunkit » Sun Mar 8, 2009 7:56 pm

I'd also pick DWill over Bosh because I think its easier to biuld a team around a dynamic PG but .... DWill does have a wicked supporting cast in Utah (Boozer, CJmiles, Brewer, Okur, AK47, Milsap, Korver) and a HOF coach in Jerry Sloan ... I'd like to see Bosh with similar amount of talent around him with a HOF coach ...
gp2015
RealGM

Post#37 » by gp2015 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:08 pm

J-Roc wrote:If Bosh was to expect the double, and even demand the double with his own dribble, he could time his pass out to give guys clean looks. No one would knock him if others were missing open shots and he was doing his job.

I don't really think he cares if other people are knocking him, I think he just wants to win and he knows the chances of that happening are slim if he passes out to Parker/Kapono/Marion/Calderon for the last shots.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#38 » by J Dilla » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:29 pm

If Boozer and Deron are together in Utah, I would love to see Bosh and Deron together in Toronto.

You guys are clueless if Deron could carry this crappy team by himself.

PG is not our biggest need, SF/SG is.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#39 » by J-Roc » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:42 pm

^
Why would Deron have to play by himself?
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#40 » by Assassin_1 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:42 pm

Williams has one of the best supporting casts a franchiase player can have and they couldn't beat our crappy team...................if Bosh had offensive firepower on his team like DWs he be a more dynamic player, easily.

Return to Toronto Raptors