ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: Hurray we lose!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Re: PG: Hurray we lose! 

Post#121 » by _venom_ » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:06 pm

imgrindin247 wrote:
_venom_ wrote:
imgrindin247 wrote:He doesn't get many assists because he kicks the ball out and they swing the ball a few times before they shoot the ball. Howard isn't great at passing out of doubles like Shaq or Duncan, but he's still better than Bosh. At least he doesn't seem to panic when he gets doubled like Bosh does.

That's complete bull. If he was so good as passing out of the post he'd be averaging more than 1.2 APG. The ball isn't swung everytime out of a pass. Dwight is very poor at passing out of doubles no matter which way you try to explain it.

I never said he was good. I said he was better than Bosh, who is terrible at it. If he was that terrible at passing out of doubles, you would think he would get more shots per game than he does considering how often they throw the ball into him. The whole point is Howard draws doubles consistently whereas Bosh doesn't.

Howard is in no way a better passer than Bosh. Does he draw more doubles than Bosh? Of course and that just further goes against your argument. If he's doubled more often than Bosh then he has more opportunities to pass out of the double. That in turn means he should be getting more assists than Bosh considering that the Magic have the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. The reason Howard doesn't get as many shots as Bosh is because Orlando doesn't get Dwight the ball enough, especially in the 4th quarter where he is often ignored.
_MidNight_
RealGM
And1: 7,269

Post#122 » by _MidNight_ » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:08 pm

KING01 wrote:Great game from Bargs and Bosh.

I wish we had a pointguard that can drive, Oh wait we traded him away without giving him a fair chance at leading.

Thanks to BC we are stuck with a player that can't drive and create for anyone.

All you can look forward to is the Draft.

Peace

Love Jose's shot, love the way he looks for people, hate his defense but most of all I HATE that he can't create off the bounce, this is one of the reason we have guys like Kapono looking so garbage on a nightly basis. Put him on a team like Cleveland, L.A. or Miami and he'd look like a border line all-star with enough touches.
imgrindin247
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#123 » by imgrindin247 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:14 pm

_venom_ wrote:
Howard is in no way a better passer than Bosh. Does he draw more doubles than Bosh? Of course and that just further goes against your argument. If he's doubled more often than Bosh then he has more opportunities to pass out of the double. That in turn means he should be getting more assists than Bosh considering that the Magic have the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. The reason Howard doesn't get as many shots as Bosh is because Orlando doesn't get Dwight the ball enough, especially in the 4th quarter where he is often ignored.

From what I have seen from Howard, he is willing to give the ball up when he does get doubled very quickly for re-posts and kick-outs back out to the perimeter players. Bosh on the other hand sucks at recognizing double teams coming and often times ends up taking a fadeaway against 2 defenders instead of passing it out. Dwight passes the ball out much more than Bosh does when help comes.
Singh is King
Pro Prospect
And1: 4

Post#124 » by Singh is King » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:15 pm

_venom_ wrote:
That's complete bull. If he was so good as passing out of the post he'd be averaging more than 1.2 APG. The ball isn't swung everytime out of a pass. Dwight is very poor at passing out of doubles no matter which way you try to explain it.

I never said he was good. I said he was better than Bosh, who is terrible at it. If he was that terrible at passing out of doubles, you would think he would get more shots per game than he does considering how often they throw the ball into him. The whole point is Howard draws doubles consistently whereas Bosh doesn't.[/quote]

Howard is in no way a better passer than Bosh. Does he draw more doubles than Bosh? Of course and that just further goes against your argument. If he's doubled more often than Bosh then he has more opportunities to pass out of the double. That in turn means he should be getting more assists than Bosh considering that the Magic have the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. The reason Howard doesn't get as many shots as Bosh is because Orlando doesn't get Dwight the ball enough, especially in the 4th quarter where he is often ignored.[/quote]
i feel like its different for bosh and howard. Bosh is a faceup player so its harder for him to see the open players when doubled, where as for howard, a post up player, his back is facing the net so he gets a better view of his teammates who are open, its reallya difference of faceup player vs post up player, where i think the post up player can see the open players better
Blue Jays Forum Where all the cool people post
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#125 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:17 pm

I thought Bosh played well today on both ends. Although it does kill me when he tries to concede the basket to avoid the foul and still ends up giving an and1. He's been doing that like once a game lately. Other than that I thought Bosh was solid on both ends. Andrea played well offensively but was iced late. We need some plays designed where we look to him to try to get us back out of deficits late with his shot. For some reason, we have nothing, in the cupboards. I'll mention though, that he had some defensive mistakes late too, that he needs to continue to work on, in terms of awareness and help defense.
Death Knight
RealGM
And1: 3,129

Post#126 » by Death Knight » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:20 pm

arrpy wrote:
DonMega wrote:bosh reminds me of will smith from that fresh prince of bel air episode where, the coach is always like, so team what do we do? "we pass to will", coach is like "if they do this what do we do?" reply "pass to will" Very funny episode.

:lol:

Except that 1 part where someone else gave a different answer and said "shoot the ball?" or something, and the coach says, "very funny. That will be 20 lapses tomorrow morning."
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#127 » by Death Knight » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:23 pm

mcleex wrote:Every time Jason Kapono gets called for a travel I die

I just die

Every time he is on the floor, I have a heart attack and it doesn't go away until he leaves the floor. Basically my heart attacks last for at least 20 mins every single game. Quite frankly I can't take it anymore. I'm not going to be lucky every game. I'm going to just die during one of these games. No joke.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,958

Post#128 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:28 pm

I hated watching that inevitable 4th. Jay went too long with Graham and Kapono. You have to have either Marion or AP out there, or both when things start to go downhill.

The saddest moment for me was the ovation the crowd gave us for fighting for that loose ball. That kind of hustle is 2nd nature to the Jazz. For us, it's a special thing.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,269

Post#129 » by Shaazzam » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:40 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:I hated watching that inevitable 4th. Jay went too long with Graham and Kapono. You have to have either Marion or AP out there, or both when things start to go downhill.

The saddest moment for me was the ovation the crowd gave us for fighting for that loose ball. That kind of hustle is 2nd nature to the Jazz. For us, it's a special thing.

And yet who was the guy crawling on the floor?

The same guy that has consistently been the first one to hit the dirt in his time here.

The same guy who according to many has no heart, is soft and has no of leadership abilities.
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,958

Post#130 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:41 pm

Another pet peeve of mine. Only 6 3PA's! And we made 4 of them. Kapono = 0. Jose = 1. We shoot decent %'s, why isn't this in the gameplan?
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#131 » by carlosey » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:41 pm

Were tanking. The team actually looked good for a while, and JT kept kapono in for a long period on the 4th.
Death Knight
RealGM

Post#132 » by Death Knight » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:43 pm

Shaazzam wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:I hated watching that inevitable 4th. Jay went too long with Graham and Kapono. You have to have either Marion or AP out there, or both when things start to go downhill.

And yet who was the guy crawling on the floor?

The same guy that has consistently been the first one to hit the dirt in his time here.

The same guy who according to many has no heart, is soft and has no of leadership abilities.

Calderon went to the floor first........... :lol:
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#133 » by 5DOM » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:43 pm

mcleex wrote:Every time Jason Kapono gets called for a travel I die

I just die

Wow, you die more than 100 times a year.
Impressive
RomaniaLuvTR
Head Coach
And1: 1,029

Post#134 » by RomaniaLuvTR » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:50 pm

i want this season to be over tomorrow cause i can`t stand losing anymore...
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#135 » by supersub15 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:51 pm

carlosey wrote:Were tanking. The team actually looked good for a while, and JT kept kapono in for a long period on the 4th.

With a good enough bench to sustain or even increase the lead, Utah would have been buried. I'm not worried. Our starters are good enough to compete every night. A defensive-minded coach, a couple of awake bodies on the bench and most of our close losses this year would turn into wins.
SuigintouEV
General Manager
And1: 1,555

Post#136 » by SuigintouEV » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:52 pm

_venom_ wrote:Howard is in no way a better passer than Bosh. Does he draw more doubles than Bosh? Of course and that just further goes against your argument. If he's doubled more often than Bosh then he has more opportunities to pass out of the double. That in turn means he should be getting more assists than Bosh considering that the Magic have the best 3 point shooting team in the NBA. The reason Howard doesn't get as many shots as Bosh is because Orlando doesn't get Dwight the ball enough, especially in the 4th quarter where he is often ignored.

Doubling Howard isn't the same as doubling bosh. Howard is a lot stronger and can score over double teams.

Teams double him to stop him from scoring, and still it doesn't work often.
Teams don't double bosh because they feel single coverage can stop him.

There's a difference between a guy who can draw a double team and still domninate it and a guy who cant.
"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
kirbs
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#137 » by kirbs » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:55 pm

Bosh on the floor: -9
Bosh on the bench: +1

Raptors record without Bosh: 2-3 (.400)
Raptors record with Bosh: 21-38 (.355)

"Franchise player" ladies and gentlemen. Just saying.
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#138 » by supersub15 » Sun Mar 8, 2009 8:57 pm

kirbs wrote:Bosh on the floor: -9
Bosh on the bench: +1

Raptors record without Bosh: 2-3 (.400)
Raptors record with Bosh: 21-38 (.355)

"Franchise player" ladies and gentlemen. Just saying.

This is what I call solid statistical proof, ladies and gentlemen. Gold Jerry, Gold!
GCougar
Bench Warmer
And1: 878

Post#139 » by GCougar » Sun Mar 8, 2009 9:01 pm

Team will find a way to lose, thanks Brian good job.
zilby
RealGM
And1: 38,871

Post#140 » by zilby » Sun Mar 8, 2009 9:05 pm

we lost!!! woot
Hawaiian pizza is good.

Return to Toronto Raptors