ImageImageImageImageImage

Why Jose, Bosh and Bargs CAN be great

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Re: Why Jose, Bosh and Bargs CAN be great 

Post#21 » by jay632 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:47 pm

after watching raps since the very start, they are a team that can't functino without a legitimate big man down low. bargs can not play the 5, hes not big or athletic enough to stop the other bigs in the league. Bosh or bargs must go, I think putting voskul or pops in the 5 makes our team better, right now people will look to attack bargs, they aren't afraid at all of being blocked or hard foul. thats why wallace owned us the other night. bargs likes to play beyond the arc, bosh plays few feet in the arc, no chance of offensive rebound.
tradedmascot_14
Senior
And1: 0

Post#22 » by tradedmascot_14 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:31 pm

Bargs has gotten way better on both ends of the floor and IMO is still not a finished product. Jose will never be lockdown defender and has to make up for that by making teams pay on the offensive end. As far as Crash's big game last week, I specifically remember one of his first drives of the game he threw down a sick dunk while Bosh stepped out of his way. Inexcusable. He faked like he was going to step into his lane and then took a step back. There is no reason why Bosh should be considered a weak defender. IMO this is the major reason that the raptors are so soft defensively. The leader of the team doesn't sacrifice on D or hold others or himself accountable. I like Bosh as a player, but he needs to recognize that if the team wants to be better, the defence has to be better, and it starts at the top.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#23 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 25, 2009 6:33 pm

TiKusDom wrote:Bargnani can work because he plays on both ends of the ball.

He sure does... well, except he doesn't rebound the ball at all... and he doesn't see any double teams on offense or get to the line like his frontcourt mate does....and while he can guard his man on the perimeter well enough, he is completely lost at helping out his teammates as a team defender and stronger, more physical post players take advantage of him in the post.

But other than that, he's a complete player just like you said....
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
w33dies
Banned User

Post#24 » by w33dies » Wed Mar 25, 2009 7:36 pm

bottom line you cant have 2 perimeter bigmen as your front court. it jst doesnt work. You need either a post up bruiser centre or PF otherwise your team is soft on D
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#25 » by Undefeated » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:03 pm

Hell no, the Raptors core of Calderon, Bosh and Bargnani just won’t pan out for long term. Bosh and Bargnani can play well together, but Calderon won’t mesh well with the two. Sure, the three have the offensive talent, but their defense is sub par which won’t lead the Raptors anywhere since defense is the key to winning games. Even if the Raptors did acquire a defensive back-court, Bosh and Bargnani would still get beaten inside night in and night out by opposing PF/C. If Calderon did try on defense, he is no where near good. Offensively, Calderon is decent, but I don’t see anything that pops out when he plays either than getting assists from Bosh taking jumpers. Calderon’s jumper is nice and I hope he is going to be taking more of them for next season. In my opinion, Bosh is a really talented offensive player, but Bargnani is closely catching up to his level. Bargnani can spread the floor much better than Bosh can and his defense is a tad bit better than Bosh. Personally, I believe that Bargnani can be a better player than Bosh at this moment if Mitchell had given him more playing time and let him played through his mistakes in the past. Look at Bosh, Mitchell allowed him to play heavy minutes and allowed him to fix his mistakes which he can improve to become a better player.

At best, the core will only make the first-round of the playoffs. Also, one of the two from the Raptors front-court must go…
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#26 » by elitehunter99 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:24 pm

UNDOUBTABLY, u are wrong SIR
C_Money
RealGM
And1: 25,527

Post#27 » by C_Money » Wed Mar 25, 2009 8:28 pm

Jose is nothing more than a role player. A 5th option at best. If you want to win you need a #1, #2, and a #3 man.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#28 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:48 pm

I feel like starting a thread named why Roko-Bosh-Bargs CAN be great...

I feel like hoping Jose/Roko/Bargs/Bosh/Joey/Gerald Henderson/+splash in the free agent market CAN be great.
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#29 » by magani » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:53 pm

TiKusDom wrote:Bargnani can work because he plays on both ends of the ball.
Bosh cant work here because 1: hes going to demand max but will never have the impact of a max player like LeBron or Wade. Cant be stuck with a max paid player who doesnt dominate like the Howards and Wades. Trade him now while he has value.
Calderon can work depending on the pieces we get back for Bosh.
Of the 3 Bosh is clearly the one with all the signs pointing the raptors to trade him first. Hes going to want too much money, he doesnt make a max salary impact on the floor, and if we can get a bigger and stronger replacement like Griffin by trading Bosh I am all for it , or if we can get a nice wing like Iggy id be all over that too.

I basically feel the same way as this poster. I think 2 of the 3 need to go for us to be a contender. Two of the three remaining still equals major suckitude. I'd keep Bargnani and get rid of the one-dimensuional guys like Bosh and Jose. You just can't win in this league with guys that are that poor at one end of the court and still be considered your 'core'. I've been advocating an overhaul for quite some time.
2018-19 NBA Champions. Can never take that away.
lemondrop
Banned User

Post#30 » by lemondrop » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:56 pm

One or two have to go, defensively they can't work together. I would rank them defensively as Jose the worst, Bosh second worst and Bargnani being adequate. If we keep Bosh and Bargs together there is no way we can keep Jose as starter because they nor anyone else on the planet can defend the paint with opposing guards coming down the lane when ever they want.

Jose must go, I wouldn't mind Bosh going to because im sure he is leaving anyways
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,047

Post#31 » by The_Hater » Wed Mar 25, 2009 9:58 pm

C_Money wrote:Jose is nothing more than a role player. A 5th option at best. If you want to win you need a #1, #2, and a #3 man.

And I would also add that on a true contender for the title, Bosh is a #2 man in the Gasol mold and Bargs is probably your 6th man in the Lamar Odom mold. Calderon is a #4-#5 guy who sets the table and makes open shots.

And this explains why this team is 25-45 with a relatively healthy squad.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#32 » by jay632 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:11 pm

i'm tired of people saying how good this trio is, and eric, jack, jones saying, well, they are injured or playing injured thats why, so much B.S.
OAKLEY_2
RealGM
And1: 8,829

Post#33 » by OAKLEY_2 » Wed Mar 25, 2009 10:54 pm

so much B.S.

Not to Jose. It is part of the game and we have had no #2 PG like we have had in the past. That is not too hard to understand is it? Yes it is an excuse but a legit one. We traded away our depth that's why this year is such a total right off and that was done with every intention to keep Bosh.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#34 » by Kabookalu » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:38 am

*snickers at topic*

Who saw tonight's game?
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#35 » by J-Roc » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:39 am

I got the feeling the difference tonight was that Bargnani decided he was going to be "the man" tonight, and not Bosh.
GIZMO
Analyst
And1: 1,758

Post#36 » by GIZMO » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:41 am

Choker wrote:*snickers at topic*

Who saw tonight's game?

Jose Calderpaul FTW :D

Sorry, I had to!
Mr.Raptorsingh
RealGM
And1: 27,759

Post#37 » by Mr.Raptorsingh » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:42 am

One of them will most likely go....but if nothing happens and these three players stay here, all that is needed is a playmaking SG who can score and distribute the ball off the dribble. Terrence Williams out of Louisville actually would be great in that type of role, I think.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,546

Post#38 » by s e n s i » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:43 am

J-Roc wrote:I got the feeling the difference tonight was that Bargnani decided he was going to be "the man" tonight, and not Bosh.

Hmm, funny. I didn't get that impression at all. It looked like both were playing equally hard to win. Bosh had 14 boards as well.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#39 » by Mustard_Tiger » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:43 am

Sorry, but 2 finesse big men that really don't play any defense will never win in the NBA.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,546

Post#40 » by s e n s i » Thu Mar 26, 2009 1:44 am

GIZMO wrote:
Choker wrote:*snickers at topic*

Who saw tonight's game?

Jose Calderpaul FTW :D

Sorry, I had to!

Haha more like Jose Paulderon. Doesn't that make more sense? Or is it too close a hybrid of Deron Williams/CP. Jose Paulderonwilliamseron.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).

Return to Toronto Raptors