ImageImageImageImageImage

Artest: Roy is better than LBJ and Kobe

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Fats Elmore
Senior
And1: 46

Re: Artest: Roy is better than LBJ and Kobe 

Post#21 » by Fats Elmore » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:15 pm

Artest: "Worst-case scenario, I eat the lady."
kingr
Head Coach
And1: 2,658

Post#22 » by kingr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:20 pm

Now obviously artest is nuts with that statement...But to make things a bit lighter, he did say "best offensive player...defense is kind of suspect" So he's only talking about offense from a shooting guard. And Brandon roy's crafty offense is up there. Not the best offensive shooting guard, but he's up there.
Courtside Cynic
Junior
And1: 221

Post#23 » by Courtside Cynic » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:22 pm

tylrrr wrote:Ron Artest has also said "Lebron is playin at about 265... I'm about the same... It won't be a difficult task for me to guard Lebron at all. He just reminds me of a new and improved Ron Artest"

So by doing simple maths: Ron Artest > Lebron James. Brandon Roy > Ron Artest. Thus Brandon Roy > Lebron James.

It's simple, really.

He also said Charles Barkley was overrated. He's just talking. He's Ron Artest. Let him.

Tylrrr,

I can't find in this quote where Ron said he was better than LeBron James. Normally when something is "new and improved", it means that it's better, at least that's what I gather based on my definitiion of 'improved'. Maybe someone else needs a new lesson in simple mathematics. 8-)
kingr
Head Coach

Post#24 » by kingr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:25 pm

Courtside Cynic wrote:
tylrrr wrote:Ron Artest has also said "Lebron is playin at about 265... I'm about the same... It won't be a difficult task for me to guard Lebron at all. He just reminds me of a new and improved Ron Artest"

So by doing simple maths: Ron Artest > Lebron James. Brandon Roy > Ron Artest. Thus Brandon Roy > Lebron James.

It's simple, really.

He also said Charles Barkley was overrated. He's just talking. He's Ron Artest. Let him.

Tylrrr,

I can't find in this quote where Ron said he was better than LeBron James. Normally when something is "new and improved", it means that it's better, at least that's what I gather based on my definitiion of 'improved'. Maybe someone else needs a new lesson in simple mathematics. 8-)

Lol yeah... I was going to point this out too, but didn't feel like it.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#25 » by Anatomize » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:42 pm

Well here are a few things to look at:

We have an outside perspective, Artest has actually played and defended all three players, giving him a real feel for what each of them can do offensively.

Artest also has a feud with Kobe, and he would be too egotistical to put Kobe's name in the limelight; they hate each other.

Roy has almost as many offensive skills as both Lebron and Kobe, minus some athleticism and explosiveness, which are not on the same level. Roy averaged 22.6 points, 4.7 boards, 5.1 assists, and 1.1 steals on 48% shooting, and 82% FT from the line in only his 3rd season, and like the other 2 players, he's also extremely clutch.

Not that I support Artest's comments, but if he feels this way, you cannot completely discredit his thoughts based on your perception of the league, and it's players. Statistics aside, Artest has actually gotten a real live chance to play them, you haven't.
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#26 » by gregdj » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:47 pm

CreaM wrote:If this is true, then we passed on the best player in the NBA for Bargnani.

add him to the collection of players that we passed on for crap players...blame bc
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#27 » by Anatomize » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:48 pm

gregdj wrote:
CreaM wrote:If this is true, then we passed on the best player in the NBA for Bargnani.

add him to the collection of players that we passed on for crap players...blame bc

I wouldn't call Bargnani crap.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#28 » by Hendrix » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:49 pm

Guess I'm too late to point out the math there. haha

Btw I vaugly remember that game. Ron Artest said it wouldn't be too dificult to gaurd LBJ etc.. .and then followed through with it and the Rox destroyed the Cavs, while LBJ had one of his worse games of the year.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Reignman
Banned User
And1: 391

Post#29 » by Reignman » Thu Apr 30, 2009 4:55 pm

Fans nowadays are way to involved in what players do / say off the court. All I care about is what a player does on the court and a team like ours would benefit greatly from having a defensive stalwart like Artest.

And for everyone complaining about his offense, keep in mind he's basically been option #1 or #1A (Yao) on that team since TMac went down and they'll most likely be in the 2nd round. Complaints are fun and all but whatever he's doing has been working for them.
elitehunter99
Veteran
And1: 9

Post#30 » by elitehunter99 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:15 pm

AlvinWilliams_fan wrote:Image

ttyl

Quick turnaround...... nice!!
kingr
Head Coach

Post#31 » by kingr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:16 pm

Anatomize wrote:
gregdj wrote:

I would.

Also, I want to say I agree fully with your previous post. Roy has almost as much offensive skill than both them. He just doesn' thave the athleticism and explosiveness. I think Roy's jumper is better than lebrons.
gregdj
Starter

Post#32 » by gregdj » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:25 pm

Anatomize wrote:
gregdj wrote:

i didnt say bargnani specifically, i am somewhat pleased with bargs but i would rather have roy...
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#33 » by Gold Chain » Thu Apr 30, 2009 5:45 pm

AlvinWilliams_fan wrote:Image

ttyl

Kobe's reaction is that of a superstar. :swami:

Awesome clip. Did you cut/make that? How incredibly current.
gregdj
Starter

Post#34 » by gregdj » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:02 pm

these stupid bc choices are really hurting us we could have had an allstar team by now if he picked right... if he screws up this season we should get rid of him. I know it sounds harsh but how many other great ones are we gonna pass up for late bloomers or mediocre players.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#35 » by tylrrr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Courtside Cynic wrote:

It's simple, really.

Tylrrr,

He said it on TNT prior to a Rockets/Cavs game. And congratulations on thinking my "simple maths" was serious.
K1NG
General Manager
And1: 856

Post#36 » by K1NG » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:01 pm

tylrrr wrote:
Courtside Cynic wrote:

It's simple, really.

Tylrrr,

He said it on TNT prior to a Rockets/Cavs game. And congratulations on thinking my "simple maths" was serious.

May not have been serious, but you thought the math was accurate and that's where you're getting burned.
tylrrr
Assistant Coach
And1: 29

Post#37 » by tylrrr » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:04 pm

I thought my joke math was accurate?
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#38 » by pspot » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:20 pm

gregdj wrote:these stupid bc choices are really hurting us we could have had an allstar team by now if he picked right... if he screws up this season we should get rid of him. I know it sounds harsh but how many other great ones are we gonna pass up for late bloomers or mediocre players.

Roy went 6th and was traded on draft day
nm
cutthroat
Senior
And1: 0

Post#39 » by cutthroat » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:25 pm

kingr wrote:Now obviously artest is nuts with that statement...But to make things a bit lighter, he did say "best offensive player...defense is kind of suspect" So he's only talking about offense from a shooting guard. And Brandon roy's crafty offense is up there. Not the best offensive shooting guard, but he's up there.

he said roy is the best sg,and the hardest to defent whats nutz about that,i know yall hate him but hes not nutz,he is not talking out his azz.
flipside21
Veteran
And1: 896

Post#40 » by flipside21 » Thu Apr 30, 2009 7:27 pm

Any ever consider that he's offering his opinion on who he finds the most difficult to guard?

Maybe its a matter of how the players compare - maybe Artest's strength neutralizes part of Lebron's game, or gives Kobe trouble - where as Roy is more adaptable? It's ridiculous to completely discount what anyone says who actually plays the game, based on our perception or expectation.

Return to Toronto Raptors