ImageImageImageImageImage

Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: Palm Beach Post: Wade should tell Riley to trade for Bosh 

Post#121 » by Spartan13 » Tue May 5, 2009 7:33 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:Whoops, looks like I pissed of some Raptor fans, oh noez.

How is the lottery?

BlaZeN27 wrote:Now the mod is getting defensive? Oh wow. Well I'll leave since I'm actually not a troll. I came in here with legitimate points and not trying to get on anyone and everyone flipped out. Good luck this off-season Raptor fans.

LOL. Does this guy even know the definition of a troll?

Seriously though, why does Miami do a Beasley trade for Bosh if there so confident they can resign him? Why not just sign him in 2010 instead of having to give away your "Bosh 2.0". There is just little logic to a heat trade for bosh that involves Beasley if his upside is that good. Also if heat fans think Beasley is so much better then Bargs why not keep him and have a Beasley-Bosh frontcourt? That's cus you cant teach height, and Bargs is a legit 7 footer who can defend other 7 footers and is just as talented in his own right on offense. Bargs made Beasley look silly whenever they matched up this year. I'm sure Beasley can become a great player, but a Bargs-Beasley frontcourt or a bosh-Beasley frontcourt would be a significant downgrade to a Bargs-Bosh one. Scoring isnt our problem, and with Marion neither is rebounding.

Gonna say it again, the only reason we trade Bosh is if he tells BC he doesnt wanna resign here, because hed rather go to Miami or NY. And in that case he basically becomes a rental player, or is traded to a team with enough pieces to be able to convince him to stay, and right now that would be Golden state or another Lottery team that can win a high draft pick like Washington for example. Otherwise, Miami trading Beasley to Toronto for Bosh would be like NY trading Gallinari and Chandler for Lebron, what would be the point?
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#122 » by Avenger » Tue May 5, 2009 7:38 pm

lol@ the heat fan talking trash. Your team just got bounced by an extremely mediocre team and that's after you made a blockbuster trade that was supposed to help you in the playoffs?
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#123 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 7:44 pm

Avenger wrote:lol@ the heat fan talking trash. Your team just got bounced by an extremely mediocre team and that's after you made a blockbuster trade that was supposed to help you in the playoffs?

... Why are you guys acting like that was a failure? We won 15 games last year, Atlanta pushed the 08 champs to 7 games in last years playoffs. This year we pushed a more talented team in Atlanta to 7 games in which we blew them out 3 times. Before you go and bash JO, he was the 2nd best Heat in the playoffs and he really stepped up his play big time offensively. I'm willing to bet we win that series if Zaza didn't throw an elbow to his head an give him a concussion that caused him to miss game 6 and 7.

The trade for JO was as every bit about the cap space in 2010 then it was about helping us this year, don't get that twisted.

I didn't mean to come off as if I myself know more about BC's line of thinking then you Raptor fans do. I was just trying to point out that simply because you guys don't think Beasley for Bosh is that great of a deal doesn't mean BC isn't intrigued by it. Beasley is almost guaranteed to average 20/9 sooner rather then later and that's worst case scenario.
Jouissance
Junior
And1: 9

Post#124 » by Jouissance » Tue May 5, 2009 7:49 pm

I heard that Bosh asked Colangelo to trade for Wade.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#125 » by Spartan13 » Tue May 5, 2009 7:51 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:
Avenger wrote:lol@ the heat fan talking trash. Your team just got bounced by an extremely mediocre team and that's after you made a blockbuster trade that was supposed to help you in the playoffs?

... Why are you guys acting like that was a failure? We won 15 games last year, Atlanta pushed the 08 champs to 7 games in last years playoffs. This year we pushed a more talented team in Atlanta to 7 games in which we blew them out 3 times. Before you go and bash JO, he was the 2nd best Heat in the playoffs and he really stepped up his play big time offensively. I'm willing to bet we win that series if Zaza didn't throw an elbow to his head an give him a concussion that caused him to miss game 6 and 7.

The trade for JO was as every bit about the cap space in 2010 then it was about helping us this year, don't get that twisted.

I didn't mean to come off as if I myself know more about BC's line of thinking then you Raptor fans do. I was just trying to point out that simply because you guys don't think Beasley for Bosh is that great of a deal doesn't mean BC isn't intrigued by it. Beasley is almost guaranteed to average 20/9 sooner and later and that's worst case scenario.

I was actually a big fan of JO when he was here and thought he definitely helped you guys out in the playoffs, and think you guys should feed him the ball more next year instead of just letting wade get his so JO doesnt have anymore 4 point games. But i just dont understand the logic of trading Beasley for Bosh if you guys are so high on Beasley, AND so confident that you can sign Bosh in 2010.
inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#126 » by inrapscity » Tue May 5, 2009 7:56 pm

beasley ain't good enough in a package for bosh
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#127 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 7:56 pm

I don't think were confident that we can sign Bosh in 2010. At least I know I'm not... I'm not confident that we can sign any max player in 2010. I just cannot see BC letting Bosh walk in 2010 leaving the Raptors empty handed, he can't risk that. I really think he has to get Bosh to sign an extension or he has to trade him by the trading deadline in February.

We are high on Beasley, but like I said earlier some of us don't want to waste 2 more years of Wade's prime waiting for Michael to get to the level that Bosh is at now. If we were to acquire Bosh then we would have a good 4-5 years to compete for a title with Wade and Bosh.

You guys keep saying Beasley isn't good enough to trade Bosh. What exactly do you all expect to get for Bosh if BC starts looking to trade him? Your not going to get much better then a scoring machine at PF who's almost guaranteed to average 20 & 10.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#128 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue May 5, 2009 7:59 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:I didn't mean to come off as if I myself know more about BC's line of thinking then you Raptor fans do. I was just trying to point out that simply because you guys don't think Beasley for Bosh is that great of a deal doesn't mean BC isn't intrigued by it. Beasley is almost guaranteed to average 20/9 sooner rather then later and that's worst case scenario.

Let me put things in perspective. Do you think Riley would trade Wade for Bargnani? If the answer is no, keep in mind that same logic is being applied by us when assessing a Beasley for Bosh trade.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#129 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:04 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
BlaZeN27 wrote:I didn't mean to come off as if I myself know more about BC's line of thinking then you Raptor fans do. I was just trying to point out that simply because you guys don't think Beasley for Bosh is that great of a deal doesn't mean BC isn't intrigued by it. Beasley is almost guaranteed to average 20/9 sooner rather then later and that's worst case scenario.

Let me put things in perspective. Do you think Riley would trade Wade for Bargnani? If the answer is no, keep in mind that same logic is being applied by us when assessing a Beasley for Bosh trade.

What does this mean? You guys are being a tad ridiculous I think. Dwyane Wade is a once in a lifetime player and is a top 3 NBA player right now. Chris Bosh is just inside the top 15 and theres a chance that he might want out of Toronto. It's not even comparable and I think its ignorant to even talk about it in the same breath. The chance of Chris Bosh leaving in 2010 is much higher then the chance of Dwyane Wade leaving in 2010. I also feel that Michael Beasley is a better player and prospect then Bargs. Michael's ceiling is Chris Bosh, Bargs ceiling is no where near Dwyane Wade obviously.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#130 » by J-Roc » Tue May 5, 2009 8:14 pm

I trust Raps fan have higher goals than making the 1st round of the playoffs to lose to the Hawks.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#131 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:16 pm

J-Roc wrote:I trust Raps fan have higher goals than making the 1st round of the playoffs to lose to the Hawks.

And we don't? What don't you get about the fact that we won just 15 games last year? When was the last time the Raptors were out of the first round? Don't forget we won a title only 3 years ago.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#132 » by Spartan13 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:21 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:I don't think were confident that we can sign Bosh in 2010. At least I know I'm not... I'm not confident that we can sign any max player in 2010. I just cannot see BC letting Bosh walk in 2010 leaving the Raptors empty handed, he can't risk that. I really think he has to get Bosh to sign an extension or he has to trade him by the trading deadline in February.

We are high on Beasley, but like I said earlier some of us don't want to waste 2 more years of Wade's prime waiting for Michael to get to the level that Bosh is at now. If we were to acquire Bosh then we would have a good 4-5 years to compete for a title with Wade and Bosh.

You guys keep saying Beasley isn't good enough to trade Bosh. What exactly do you all expect to get for Bosh if BC starts looking to trade him? Your not going to get much better then a scoring machine at PF who's almost guaranteed to average 20 & 10.

The problem with that logic is that it only makes sense to trade bosh IF bosh is going to walk via free agency, and if Bosh is going to walk it will be to Miami or NY, so why would either of those teams offer a package for bosh that included a future 20-10 guy. I wouldn't hate the trade from our stand point, its yours where this trade doesn't make sense. Where we will probably receive the best offers would be teams that would try to trade for Bosh because they'll have enough pieces to convince him to resign there. Right now thats looking like Golden State with Randolph and Beidrins, who i would much rather have in our frontcourt over beasley, or Whoever gets a top 2 pick, giving us either Griffin or Rubio for Bosh. Also teams like Chicago or Dallas could try to put together an offer, as they would also have a chance to resign him in 2010, if they traded for him.

If Bosh doesnt wanna stay in TO and we dont trade him, Hes got a good shot of going to Miami and you guys should keep Beasley and play him at the 3. Otherwise, if your looking for a talent trade form our perspective, Griffin-Rubio-Randolph/Beens are better options for us. I think BC would rather have Griffin/Bargs frontcourt, or a Beens/Bargs/Randolph one, then a Bargs/Beasley one. Basically, your advantage to getting Bosh is through free agency, not a trade, and keeping Beasley would make you guys a more attractive place to sign.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#133 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:30 pm

Fair enough, I just don't think it will ever get to the point where Bosh will walk for nothing. If anything the Raptors would try and S&T Bosh in 2010, so we would still have to part with Beasley if we tried getting him like that.

Was Randolph/Biedrins definitely on the table though? I have a hard time seeing GS separating with both players when there's no guarantee that Bosh will re-sign with them. Also, you woudln't jsut be getting Beasley. Because of Blount's $8 million expiring you are pretty much swapping a max deal player for a player that is making $4 million a year for the next 3/4 years. Most fans don't think about it but that's a big deal to a front office and GM. Biedrins is already making $10 million a year which is alot for a player who isn't an offensive threat. There's value alone in Beasley's contract since you get a really good player for so cheap for the next 4 years. Your then able to build around Bargs and Beasley a lot easier then it would be building around Bosh since he took up so much of the cap room. Throwing in Daequan Cook and your first round pick back wouldn't hurt either.
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#134 » by J-Roc » Tue May 5, 2009 8:34 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:
J-Roc wrote:I trust Raps fan have higher goals than making the 1st round of the playoffs to lose to the Hawks.

And we don't? What don't you get about the fact that we won just 15 games last year? When was the last time the Raptors were out of the first round? Don't forget we won a title only 3 years ago.

But with Marion still in tow, Miami could have still been a 1st round exit, with room to build for next season. Riley made a trade that guarantees a treadmill for the upcoming season. It would have made more sense to go for some incremental improvement for next year.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#135 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:36 pm

J-Roc wrote:But with Marion still in tow, Miami could have still been a 1st round exit, with room to build for next season. Riley made a trade that guarantees a treadmill for the upcoming season. It would have made more sense to go for some incremental improvement for next year.

Oh look another ignorant statement by a Raptors fan. What in the world are you talking about? How would we be able to make any significant changes this off-season if we kept Marion and let him walk? You do realize we would only have about $6 million in cap space right? That's not even enough to get Ben Gordon or Mike Bibby. We can still use Udonis Haslem this off-season to acquire a starting PG or SF.
Just a gentle reminder that your tone and posting frequency may appear to be borderline trolling. Please watch what and how you say. we encourage discussions, but not luring or trolling. YogiStewart
J-Roc
RealGM

Post#136 » by J-Roc » Tue May 5, 2009 8:43 pm

just23
Rookie

Post#137 » by just23 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:45 pm

If we took Beasley for Bosh, I'd want every first round pick from Miami for the next 5 years. Not joking.

Personally, I'd rather trade Bosh for a top 2 pick. I really think we could pry that away from the Wizards if they get number 2. Bosh for Rubio would make a lot of sense for both teams, although we'd have to take Jamison probably and send back our 1st round pick, obviously.
The Wizards would be willing to play Arenas and Rubio together if they had to, but given a chance to trade for a borderline superstar power forward who would start on almost any team in the league...I don't think they'd pass that up.
BlaZeN27
Sixth Man

Post#138 » by BlaZeN27 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:46 pm

So you just post irrelevant images when you get proven wrong J-Roc? Nice.
Spartan13
Banned User

Post#139 » by Spartan13 » Tue May 5, 2009 8:51 pm

BlaZeN27 wrote:Fair enough, I just don't think it will ever get to the point where Bosh will walk for nothing. If anything the Raptors would try and S&T Bosh in 2010, so we would still have to part with Beasley if we tried getting him like that.

Was Randolph/Biedrins definitely on the table though? I have a hard time seeing GS separating with both players when there's no guarantee that Bosh will re-sign with them. Also, you woudln't jsut be getting Beasley. Because of Blount's $8 million expiring you are pretty much swapping a max deal player for a player that is making $4 million a year for the next 3/4 years. Most fans don't think about it but that's a big deal to a front office and GM. Biedrins is already making $10 million a year which is alot for a player who isn't an offensive threat. There's value alone in Beasley's contract since you get a really good player for so cheap for the next 4 years. Your then able to build around Bargs and Beasley a lot easier then it would be building around Bosh since he took up so much of the cap room. Throwing in Daequan Cook and your first round pick back wouldn't hurt either.

If Beasley ends up being our best offer and you have the other pieces (cook, our first) to make it work, AND Bosh for sure wants to leave, then i would do the trade. But i just dont believe if it comes down to a trade that Beasley will be our best offer, it's not just him being a future 20-10 guy, Its how he will fit into our front court. And again, Beasley/Bargs is far from ideal. as far as golden state goes, it would really depend on how well Brendan Wright performs. With him and Bosh and Turiaf, Plus a Jennings/Rubio in the draft, and i think they definetly pull the trigger on a Beens/Randolph and even a morrow/Belinelli deal. Also, if it goes down to a sign-and-trade, id look to Chicago or Dallas for a monster deal...
evilRyu
General Manager
And1: 2

Post#140 » by evilRyu » Tue May 5, 2009 9:07 pm

I pretty much echo what most of Raps fans have said... Beasley as the centerpiece for Bosh? yuck...

Return to Toronto Raptors