ImageImageImageImageImage

Draft Countdown: Brandon Jennings

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Re: Draft Countdown: Brandon Jennings 

Post#21 » by sh00n » Mon May 11, 2009 10:42 pm

Dennis P wrote:Couldn't remember it was probably Louis Williams... Does it really matter I think I got my point across

Derrick Rose couldn't guard them either - does that mean the Bulls should trade him too?
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app
Dennis P
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#22 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 10:43 pm

sh00n wrote:
Dennis P wrote:Couldn't remember it was probably Louis Williams... Does it really matter I think I got my point across

Derrick Rose couldn't guard them either - does that mean the Bulls should trade him too?

What? what are you talking about?
sh00n
RealGM

Post#23 » by sh00n » Mon May 11, 2009 10:45 pm

Well, seeing as most Jose haters claim he can't guard a chair and therefore we HAVE to trade him, the Bulls should trade Rose as well; since he's just as bad on D.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#24 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 10:49 pm

sh00n wrote:Well, seeing as most Jose haters claim he can't guard a chair and therefore we HAVE to trade him, the Bulls should trade Rose as well; since he's just as bad on D.

ohhhhh.... you're young! I get it!

Derrick Rose and Jose are completely different players. Rose as a rookie is still HEAD and Shoulders ahead of Jose.

I don't even want to get into a player comparison because its just a waste of time. Rose does a million and one things on the court that mask his deficiencies on defense. If Jose was even half the player Rose is now I would be overjoyed...
sh00n
RealGM

Post#25 » by sh00n » Mon May 11, 2009 10:50 pm

Dennis P wrote:ohhhhh.... you're young! I get it!

:rofl:

Oh man. Gold; you've won this little debate - I'm so insulted! :(
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#26 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 10:54 pm

sh00n wrote:

you call this a debate? dude wait till you get to your 20's that's when it will start for you. The high school debate team is not up to par with real debates.

A debate over Rose and Jose..... what a joke.
sh00n
RealGM

Post#27 » by sh00n » Mon May 11, 2009 10:56 pm

Dennis P wrote:you call this a debate? dude wait till you get to your 20's that's when it will start for you.

I'm 21, but nice try, anyways.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#28 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 10:58 pm

Warned via PM
sh00n
RealGM

Post#29 » by sh00n » Mon May 11, 2009 10:59 pm

Okay.
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#30 » by The Chucker » Mon May 11, 2009 11:09 pm

Warning for personal attack.
KING01
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#31 » by KING01 » Mon May 11, 2009 11:11 pm

Jose and Rose in the same sentence is a joke.

Rose is Head and shoulders ahead of claperon.

Peace
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#32 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 11:29 pm

TORaptorsFan wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
sh00n wrote:Well, seeing as most Jose haters claim he can't guard a chair and therefore we HAVE to trade him, the Bulls should trade Rose as well; since he's just as bad on D.

ohhhhh.... you're young! I get it!

Derrick Rose and Jose are completely different players. Rose as a rookie is still HEAD and Shoulders ahead of Jose.

I don't even want to get into a player comparison because its just a waste of time. Rose does a million and one things on the court that mask his deficiencies on defense. If Jose was even half the player Rose is now I would be overjoyed...

More like a waste of our team since you're to ignorant to know what's good about Jose. What a clown.

How many mistakes can you count in this one little sentence? :lol: I count least 3
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,545

Post#33 » by s e n s i » Mon May 11, 2009 11:36 pm

Dennis P wrote:
sh00n wrote:

you call this a debate? dude wait till you get to your 20's that's when it will start for you. The high school debate team is not up to par with real debates.

Haha sorry to interrupt here, but you're the one with the sig of a high-schooler at best.

A list of players Jose couldn't guard! Me oh my!

I mean, come on, no need to justify your hate. A sig saying "Jose Hater Here" would have sufficed and may have been more mature. But hey you got your point across...I guess.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#34 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Mon May 11, 2009 11:39 pm

basketball royalty wrote:Seems like a Stephon Marbury to me. Maybe his eurotrip was more developmental for him because it was a humbling experience and he was able to mature. His draft stock may have dipped a bit but he can always make up for it in the long run if he has grown as a player.

I'm not sure if this is your way of taking a swipe at his character or if you really think they have similar games.

Should remind you that before Starbury was **** insane he was one of the most electrifying point prospects in a long long time.

This kid can't come close to scoring the ball like Marbury out of college.

If it's a character dig then just call him out for it, don't make a comparison to a player with different skils who is also a clown.
Dennis P
Banned User

Post#35 » by Dennis P » Mon May 11, 2009 11:42 pm

chocolateSensi wrote:
Dennis P wrote:
sh00n wrote::rofl:

Haha sorry to inturrupt here, but you're the one with the sig of a high-schooler at best.

A list of players Jose couldn't guard! Me oh my!

I mean, come on, no need to justify your hate. A sig saying "Jose Hater Here" would have sufficed.
There is no interruption at all. There is nothing to discuss.

I've had this since the very early part of the season and its stayed with me until present. Don't cry its okay you don't have to read it just ignore it...
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#36 » by basketball royalty » Tue May 12, 2009 1:54 am

D-Wins-RingsIMO wrote:
basketball royalty wrote:Seems like a Stephon Marbury to me. Maybe his eurotrip was more developmental for him because it was a humbling experience and he was able to mature. His draft stock may have dipped a bit but he can always make up for it in the long run if he has grown as a player.

I'm not sure if this is your way of taking a swipe at his character or if you really think they have similar games.

Should remind you that before Starbury was **** insane he was one of the most electrifying point prospects in a long long time.

This kid can't come close to scoring the ball like Marbury out of college.

If it's a character dig then just call him out for it, don't make a comparison to a player with different skils who is also a clown.

No swipe. I like Starbury, I am old enough to remember him when he first came out. Just watching that youtube clip and stuff and Marbury was the guy that came to mind.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Griff83
Assistant Coach
And1: 186

Post#37 » by Griff83 » Tue May 12, 2009 2:48 am

Just looking at some clips of Jennings. I thought Rose was one of the best athletes I've ever seen at the PG position but this kid might even be more of a freak athlete then him. Check this video out-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGWaLR-a ... r_embedded
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#38 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Tue May 12, 2009 4:17 am

That's a high school clip right?

I realize we should give him 2-3 years to grow into his body, but we need perspective. He's going to see some real size and high flyers in the NBA.

I mean D. Rose was head and shoulders above everyone on the floor in college right from day 1 in terms of athleticism ..... I understand that Jennings had to play in Europe but I'm a tad concerned he fared so poorly.
KWSN-Men
Banned User
And1: 13

Post#39 » by KWSN-Men » Tue May 12, 2009 6:11 am

I saw plenty of his games in Europe.

Pros

He's extremely athletic. The kid is an absolute downright freak of nature.

Cons

His basketball IQ at the moment is really bad.

He's no more of a point guard than Iverson is (at least as of now). He's a 6-1 170 SG as of now.

His shot selection is absolutely horrific.

He has tremendous potential but he's a project. Regardless of comments made here playing in Europe was good for him. It exposed just how bad his game is at this point and how far he has to go to be a good player. He would not have even been challenged in the NCAA and he would have busted big time then going to the NBA.

This way I think he will know a lot better what to expect and what he has to do to improve which is a lot. It also humbled him. He was a selfish ball hogging prima donna and his coaches and teammates in Italy changed that real quick.

So he's definitely got big time potential but he's a project. However, as of right now he's no point guard. He's right out of the Marbury and Iverson mold. I suppose there are still a few NBA fans that would consider them "point guards" but I think most people by now realize that those types of players playing at point guard cause teams to lose games.

So if you draft Jennings you better be prepared to use him as an Aaron Brooks type player. Don't expect him to be organizing an offense. But like I said, on physical tools this kid is on another planet. So it is what it is. You draft a guy that's not a good player right now with a bad basketball IQ and not a real point guard but a small SG and hope his great physical tools wins out and that he can develop an outside shot and learn how to manage the game and learn better shot selection. Dude's a gamble to draft but then again if he did pan out.........
imgrindin247
Rookie

Post#40 » by imgrindin247 » Thu May 14, 2009 6:42 am

Dennis P wrote:^^^ Maybe but his numbers over there are just paltry. Its hard to imagine us taking a chance like that right now. They are looking at him though

As we've seen time and time again, numbers don't mean a whole lot in Europe. Nobody puts up monster numbers over there and we've seen players like Josh Childress and Jannero Pargo, legit rotation players in the NBA not get consistent minutes. Pargo averaged a bit over 10 minutes a game in fact.

I don't believe it should have surprised anyone that Jennings couldn't get consistent minutes, he had players like Allen Ray, Ibrahim Jaaber and Sani Becirovic playing in front of him at times. You put just about any college freshmen out there in the same situation and they wouldn't get many minutes either. I don't even think his stats were that bad and he showed some flashes of brilliance. His shooting percentages weren't so great though.

What is yet to be seen is how Jennings will come out of this. He can either have used it as motivation like Gilbert Arenas did and become a beast or he might end up losing his confidence and never regaining it back. It'll be interesting to see how it all turns out.

Return to Toronto Raptors