ImageImageImageImageImage

DeRozan or Evens??

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

With the 9th pick i would draft?

Poll ended at Tue Jun 30, 2009 7:23 am

Damar DaRozan
67%
Tyreke Evens
33%

Total votes: 6

boshjonesford
Banned User
And1: 6

DeRozan or Evens?? 

Post#1 » by boshjonesford » Mon May 25, 2009 7:18 am

Some mock drafts have us picking Darozan and others have us picking Evens, they are both good players
and would fit in our system really well.

DaRozan Seems like a more athletic, defensive minded SG with, who needs to develop a scoring instinct.

And Evens seems like a very Smooth, offensive minded slasher who needs to improve his jumper.

Statistics ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaRozan Stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=41016

Evens Stats - http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/player/pr ... erId=41608

Evens stats look really good 2.1 steels and 17ppgs in 29 mpg a game is amazing

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Highlights ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

DaRosan UNC Highlights (HD) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5jcmmEYc3-Y

Evens Memphis Hilights (HD) - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kf0XY8tmcOQ

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

IF BOTH THESE PLAYERS ARE AVAILABLE AT THE 9th (which is unlikely) WHO WOULD YOU CHOOSE????
RiceItUp
Junior
And1: 0

Re: DaRozan or Evens?? 

Post#2 » by RiceItUp » Mon May 25, 2009 7:26 am

Can he improve his ballhandling skills? Or my q' is more like "Do you guys see him developing into a player more than just a dunker aka Gerald Green?" Honestly I dunno much about this year's draft and ya I can really use the wisdom of RealGMers.
Crazy-Canuck
RealGM
And1: 6,292

Re: DaRozan or Evens?? 

Post#3 » by Crazy-Canuck » Mon May 25, 2009 7:36 am

IMO. I take DD and its not even close.

DD can learn a jumpshot.
Evans aint going to change his ball hogging ways.
BigBurd
Rookie
And1: 0

Re: DeRozan or Evens?? 

Post#4 » by BigBurd » Mon May 25, 2009 11:26 am

boshjonesford wrote:DaRozan Seems like a more athletic, defensive minded SG with, who needs to develop a scoring instinct.

And Evens seems like a very Smooth, offensive minded slasher who needs to improve his jumper.

The stats don't really back up your summaries. You'd be better off saying DeRozan managed to shoot a good % despite not going to the line, using his left hand, or making 3pt shots. That in a way is both good and bad - basically it tells us he has a nice mid-range game and tonnes of room to improve (tonnes).

Before anyone hypes up his physical ability anymore consider they are of similar height and weight but Evens averaged twice as many blocks and steals. He also rebounded at a similar rate despite playing PG rather than SF/PF. That tells me I need to question DeRozans ability to apply himself within the game of basketball (AKA Joey G syndrome).

Neither is a good 3pt shooter, Evens at 27% and again DD is worse at 17%; FT%s are 71 and 65.

In ISO situations Evens is at 54% vs.49% but before you get excited about either creating offense for others note that Evens has a 1.1 A/T ratio, and DD is again worse at .7 (ugh).

Both have some adjusting to do in the NBA. Evens will have to learn how to play off the ball unless his NBA team really goes out of their way to fit him in. DeRozan on the other had might fit better just because it'd be at the SF spot; but without improvement his offensive game would be like Moon's, but with less range....

Return to Toronto Raptors