ImageImageImageImageImage

Gotta love Jalen

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

evanson24
Sophomore
And1: 0

Re: Gotta love Jalen 

Post#61 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 8:30 am

he's right.

1)alot of people think that starting delfino at the SG slot will solve those swingman problems (lol delfino vs eastern conference SGs = fail)

2)alot of people want to draft dejuan blair, which would make jawai a complete waste

3)some people want shawn marion back? seriously? there's a million of those kinds of players, and they're alot younger.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,626

Post#62 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jun 9, 2009 10:46 am

evanson24 wrote:he's right.

1)alot of people think that starting delfino at the SG slot will solve those swingman problems (lol delfino vs eastern conference SGs = fail)

2)alot of people want to draft dejuan blair, which would make jawai a complete waste

3)some people want shawn marion back? seriously? there's a million of those kinds of players, and they're alot younger.

1) Link?
2) He is a complete waste right now, with or without Blair. Maybe someday he won't be.
3) There are not a million younger Shawn Marion's out there. That is (Please Use More Appropriate Word). And yes, some people want him back at a decent price.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#63 » by Spartan13 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:13 pm

Lets start this million man list of young Shawn Marions.

Thaddeus Young......

I give up.
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#64 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:29 pm

hahaha i struck a chord with you delfino lovers. lol and ok i may have exageratted with the shawn marion remark, but you guys should know that he's not a practical piece to our big picture.

-ariza
-richard jefferson
-moon
-darrell arthur
-renaldo balkman
-andray blatche
-al harrington
-darius miles
-travis outlaw
-lamar odom
-tayshaun prince
-stromile swift
-gerald wallace
-hakim warrick
-sean williams
-thad young
-jj hickson
-josh smith
-joey graham
-pops

some of these guys may not have the same contract or exact skill set as marion, but they're all alleged rebounding-finishers.

some of you lame-o real GMers will pick one from that list and disagree just for the sake of being a smart ass, quite frankly i don't care. my point is, athletic Fs aren't a dying market.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#65 » by basketball royalty » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:34 pm

evanson24 wrote:hahaha i struck a chord with you delfino lovers. lol and ok i may have exageratted with the shawn marion remark, but you guys should know that he's not a practical piece to our big picture.

-ariza
-richard jefferson
-moon
-darrell arthur
-renaldo balkman
-andray blatche
-al harrington
-darius miles
-travis outlaw
-lamar odom
-tayshaun prince
-stromile swift
-gerald wallace
-hakim warrick
-sean williams
-thad young
-jj hickson
-josh smith
-joey graham
-pops

some of these guys may not have the same contract or exact skill set as marion, but they're all alleged rebounding-finishers.

some of you lame-o real GMers will pick one from that list and disagree just for the sake of being a smart ass, quite frankly i don't care. my point is, athletic Fs aren't a dying market.

That is the list you come up with? There might be 2 guys who are better than Marion on that list. Another 2 that would be comparable and the rest are junk. In fact, starting Delfino at the SF spot would be a better idea than the majority of those guys. Talk about FAIL.
props to Turbozone for the sig
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#66 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:38 pm

and i don't need a link for my delfino point, he's in almost every realGMer's mock starting 5 for the season of 09-10.

if you're claiming you don't see it, you're in denial.

sorry if it seems like i'm out to get carlos, truthfully, i'm out to get you. yes, you. raptor fans can be straight up scrub lovers, i'm just trying to open your eyes.

the sad thing is, they really are going to bring delfino in :'(
Enjoy it while it lasts.
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#67 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:39 pm

basketball royalty wrote:
evanson24 wrote:hahaha i struck a chord with you delfino lovers. lol and ok i may have exageratted with the shawn marion remark, but you guys should know that he's not a practical piece to our big picture.

-ariza
-richard jefferson
-moon
-darrell arthur
-renaldo balkman
-andray blatche
-al harrington
-darius miles
-travis outlaw
-lamar odom
-tayshaun prince
-stromile swift
-gerald wallace
-hakim warrick
-sean williams
-thad young
-jj hickson
-josh smith
-joey graham
-pops

That is the list you come up with? There might be 2 guys who are better than Marion on that list. Another 2 that would be comparable and the rest are junk. In fact, starting Delfino at the SF spot would be a better idea than the majority of those guys. Talk about FAIL.

LOL winner.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,626

Post#68 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:39 pm

evanson24 wrote:some of you lame-o real GMers will pick one from that list and disagree just for the sake of being a smart ass, quite frankly i don't care. my point is, athletic Fs aren't a dying market.

Your point is (Please Use More Appropriate Word), and don't go around calling others smart asses if you're going to post **** like that. If the only criteria is "athletic wing", then let's just keep Joey since he's obviously as good as Marion. There are degrees of ability. That is why Shawn Marion will make around 8-10 million with his next contract and Joey will not. On top of that, the list of guys you posted are all varying degrees of talent and they all have very different skill sets. Lumping them all together is useless and superficial.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#69 » by basketball royalty » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:40 pm

evanson24 wrote:and i don't need a link for my delfino point, he's in almost every realGMer's mock starting 5 for the season of 09-10.

if you're claiming you don't see it, you're in denial.

sorry if it seems like i'm out to get carlos, truthfully, i'm out to get you. yes, you. raptor fans can be straight up scrub lovers, i'm just trying to open your eyes.

the sad thing is, they really are going to bring delfino in :'(

Sorry mang but you can hate me now but I thought Delfino should have been starting for the Raps this season and am all for him starting next year.
props to Turbozone for the sig
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#70 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:42 pm

i think thats a pretty good list for off the top of my head.

it's too bad shawn marion was the only guy to play with steve nash. otherwise your ignorance is bliss.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#71 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:43 pm

evanson24 wrote:i think thats a pretty good list for off the top of my head.

it's too bad shawn marion was the only guy to play with steve nash. otherwise your ignorance is bliss.

I suggest you quit while you're behind by just a mile.

Yuri
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#72 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:44 pm

no guys, shawn marion isn't that good at all. think about it real hard.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
evanson24
Sophomore

Post#73 » by evanson24 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:46 pm

yeah i'm done internet fighting, marion will be gone this year, and delfino will be reigning SG. there's no point in me doing this.

ps. trade bosh for biedrins, and the 7th pick, draft tyreke and demar. good bye cruel world.
Enjoy it while it lasts.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#74 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:47 pm

evanson24 wrote:no guys, shawn marion isn't that good at all. think about it real hard.

Despite awful shot mechanics, and not much of a purported brain off the court, Marion's b-ball IQ is well above average. It is not a fluke that he is always in the right place at the right time.
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#75 » by Spartan13 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 6:09 pm

evanson24 wrote:yeah i'm done internet fighting, marion will be gone this year, and delfino will be reigning SG. there's no point in me doing this.

ps. trade bosh for biedrins, and the 7th pick, draft tyreke and demar. good bye cruel world.

Don't do it!!! Theres a world out there internet life is still worth it!!!
Chandler55
Pro Prospect
And1: 341

Post#76 » by Chandler55 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 7:54 pm

fine line between love and hate, the mere fact jalen even thinks about toronto... he loves us!
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#77 » by trick » Tue Jun 9, 2009 8:01 pm

the fact that guy has darius miles on his list...

:lol: :lol: :lol:
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014

Return to Toronto Raptors