ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Draft Night Traditions?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

OT - Draft Night Traditions? 

Post#1 » by Gold Chain » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:32 pm

Wondering what people on here do for draft night?

For the last three years, I have a few friends over ( 4 in all, 2 Rap fans, 1 Knicks, 1 Piston fan) for the draft and we smoke out and talk a lot of trash.

Anyone else have any draft night traditions?
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,561

Re: OT - Draft Night Traditions? 

Post#2 » by Fairview4Life » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:34 pm

I argue with my wife over the fact that the random small college player the Knicks just picked in the 2nd round is more interesting than a Food Network Challenge.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
~ TeRRoR SquaD ~
Sixth Man
And1: 67

Post#3 » by ~ TeRRoR SquaD ~ » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:34 pm

eat a pack of cheese doodles.
random_hero891
Rookie
And1: 810

Post#4 » by random_hero891 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:36 pm

I set up a virgin sacrifice and drink the tears of Knicks fans
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,248

Post#5 » by Shaazzam » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:40 pm

I never knew you were a cutter, r_h891. ;)
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#6 » by CrookedJ » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:43 pm

Fairview4Life wrote:I argue with my wife over the fact that the random small college player the Knicks just picked in the 2nd round is more interesting than a Food Network Challenge.

Wow... we have the same life. Although my wife is now pregnant and much sleepier than she normally is. I bet she falls asleep well before the 2nd round this year.
Gold Chain
RealGM

Post#7 » by Gold Chain » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:47 pm

Can't forget to say that this is one time of the year where Stephen A. Smith is entertaining. Calling out dudes on the PA while they approach their life's work? So cold and so fun to watch.

Also, has anyone here ever attended the draft in NY?

I know you have to line up super early that day to get in, but I am curious as to what the whole experience would be?

EDIT : Here is how to get tickets - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004 ... nd=wamumsg
lemondrop
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#8 » by lemondrop » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:48 pm

I usually sit down with few cold ones and watch the draft on my big screen, after our pick is made I generally go hop in my vehicle digusted with what i just seen, drive to the nearest dive bar and end my night hanging over a toilet filled with human crap.
Cuervo2Bosh
Banned User

Post#9 » by Cuervo2Bosh » Tue Jun 9, 2009 2:51 pm

lemondrop wrote:I usually sit down with few cold ones and watch the draft on my big screen, after our pick is made I generally go hop in my vehicle digusted with what i just seen, drive to the nearest dive bar and end my night hanging over a toilet filled with human crap.

Clearly inappropriate image. This is a warning.
Yuri.
Winggfly
Analyst
And1: 289

Post#10 » by Winggfly » Tue Jun 9, 2009 3:44 pm

~ TeRRoR SquaD ~ wrote:eat a pack of cheese doodles.

Aha yeah reppin' Stephen A
SanJoseGrind
Sophomore

Post#11 » by SanJoseGrind » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:00 pm

shots after the words "upside" or "potential"
we usually pass out by pick 7
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,269

Post#12 » by Yuri Vaultin » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:01 pm

SanJoseGrind wrote:shots after the words "upside" or "potential"
we usually pass out by pick 7

Don't forget the most recent addition to the draft day dialect - "motor"
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
trick
Head Coach
And1: 905

Post#13 » by trick » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:02 pm

set up my snacks. get the right butt groove on the cushion. then sit silently still for the next 2.5 hours while the draft commences. afterwards, i go to my room and cry myself to sleep because the only things i have to look forward to are these type of events.
#Raptors are 7-1. In 6 of the past 10 seasons, a team that has started a season 7-1 has gone on to win an NBA championship.

— Sportsnet Ticker (@SportsnetTicker) November 12, 2014
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#14 » by Komodo » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:11 pm

smoke + energy drink + seafood
Pro Prospect
And1: 235

Post#15 » by #9 » Tue Jun 9, 2009 4:21 pm

double c wrote:Can't forget to say that this is one time of the year where Stephen A. Smith is entertaining. Calling out dudes on the PA while they approach their life's work? So cold and so fun to watch.

I know you have to line up super early that day to get in, but I am curious as to what the whole experience would be?

EDIT : Here is how to get tickets - http://www.ticketmaster.com/event/1D004 ... nd=wamumsg

Sorry to say dude, but Stephen A. Smith was cut by ESPN a few months back

:lol:
Indiana Jones
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,548
Location: Assistant Dean of Students, Marshall College, Bedford, Connecticut

Post#16 » by Indiana Jones » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:09 pm

I'm an archaeologists, and I excavate in the Middle East during the summers, so, I have not seen the last five drafts live. However, I check out the results the next day as soon as I can get to an internet café.

In 2004, I was actually on my way to the airport to catch a flight to the ME, and I had my brother feeding me updates on my cell. When the Raps finally made their pick, my bro called and told me they drafted some unknown Brazilian guy, and that the analysts were going crazy about how bad of a pick he was. It was a depressing flight...

The most surprising draft for me was when they took Charlie Villanueva and Joey Graham. I wasn't expecting another big guy to get drafted, and I wanted Danny Granger with the second pick. Either way, it was exciting having two first round picks. Since then, the drafts have sucked. We all knew Bargnani was getting picked.

This will be the first year since 2003 that I get to watch the draft live, as I don't head out until June 28. Woot!
Gold Chain
RealGM

Post#17 » by Gold Chain » Tue Jun 9, 2009 5:33 pm

#9 wrote:
double c wrote:Can't forget to say that this is one time of the year where Stephen A. Smith is entertaining. Calling out dudes on the PA while they approach their life's work? So cold and so fun to watch.

Sorry to say dude, but Stephen A. Smith was cut by ESPN a few months back

:lol:

Maybe not for ESPN< but some NEw York radio show or something will hire him and he will create soundbites that will make noise the next day. Stephen A made a career off mouthing off at the draft and he will find a way again.

Return to Toronto Raptors