ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jennings on Rubio: "I think the dude is all hype"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

TheBoondocks
Banned User
And1: 1

Re: OT: Jennings on Rubio: "I think the dude is all hype" 

Post#161 » by TheBoondocks » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:39 am

LOL @ this thread
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#162 » by 5DOM » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:42 am

So the kids who hopped on the bandwagon after watching the guy's highlights made the right choice.
Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,174

Post#163 » by Hoopstarr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:49 am

"I was right and you were wrong about a 50/50 proposition in a draft that is always unpredictable and not even close to being an exact science, especially since I have ridiculously little information to make an informed prediction, nana nana na na!"
cage
Starter
And1: 11

Post#164 » by cage » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:49 am

5DOM wrote:So the kids who hopped on the bandwagon after watching the guy's highlights made the right choice.

all most of us have on euroleague players are youtube highlights, though. jennings also had his HS reputation too
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#165 » by 5DOM » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:52 am

cage wrote:
5DOM wrote:So the kids who hopped on the bandwagon after watching the guy's highlights made the right choice.

all most of us have on euroleague players are youtube highlights, though. jennings also had his HS reputation too

Yeah, that's why I think the whole "I told you so" comment is so childish especially when it comes to Brandon Jennings.

ps: +1 on Hoopstarrr's post
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#166 » by Upgrayedd » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:06 am

Hoopstarr wrote:"I was right and you were wrong about a 50/50 proposition in a draft that is always unpredictable and not even close to being an exact science, especially since I have ridiculously little information to make an informed prediction, nana nana na na!"

"I am completely dumbfounded by how well Jennings is playing right now. BC is a moron for not seeing this coming"
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#167 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:07 am

This is why you draft high ceiling guys.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Post#168 » by Double Helix » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 am

Remember when Charlie V scored 48 points!? He was clearly the ROY and was easily going to be the best player from that draft class, right?

And then there was Chris Paul. And Deron Williams. And Danny Granger. And Andrew Bynum.

Jennings sucked overseas because of his role. He's kicking butt right now because of his role. The bucks have Bogut and him and that's it and Bogut only takes 10-13 shots per game, so Jennings is free to do his best High School basketball impression over 48 minutes until teams start treating him like the star talent he is.

Don't get me wrong, 55 points on those percentages and that 3 point shooting is incredible. He was a hightly touted High School prospect and we've heard his name for the past 3 years. Those euro stats weren't telling. He looks like he'll be a star, but it's what he does from here on out that will determine if he's the next Iverson or not. And even then... it will take time to determine if he's still the best player from this class. Remember, as great as Allen Iverson was... Kobe Bryant is better and Steve Nash was also in that draft and a late bloomer.

I think Tyreke Evans will win a championship before Jennings.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#169 » by J Dilla » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:12 am

Upgrayedd wrote:
Hoopstarr wrote:"I was right and you were wrong about a 50/50 proposition in a draft that is always unpredictable and not even close to being an exact science, especially since I have ridiculously little information to make an informed prediction, nana nana na na!"

"I am completely dumbfounded by how well Jennings is playing right now. BC is a moron for not seeing this coming"

I'm not going to cry over the fact that we didn't draft Jennings.

With BC at the helm, you know he'll never draft guys with Jennings' demeanor. And there's lots of GMs that are like that. I'm happy with DeRozan. He'll be one of those guys that start off slow, but will reach the superstar level later on.

Guys like Lebron, DWade started off early, CB4 was slow, but now he's reached them and is the best PF in the game.
Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,174

Post#170 » by Hoopstarr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:26 am

J Dilla wrote:
Upgrayedd wrote:

I'm not going to cry over the fact that we didn't draft Jennings.

With BC at the helm, you know he'll never draft guys with Jennings' demeanor. And there's lots of GMs that are like that. I'm happy with DeRozan. He'll be one of those guys that start off slow, but will reach the superstar level later on.

Guys like Lebron, DWade started off early, CB4 was slow, but now he's reached them and is the best PF in the game.

Huh? What are you basing this on? He drafted Stephen Jackson, traded for Stephon Marbury, drafted the super-cocky Amar'e Stoudamire. He has taken on plenty of other bloated egos and risky players.
The Notic
Banned User
And1: 8
Location: it's a bird. it's a plane. NO! it's Lois Lane givin me brain.

Post#171 » by The Notic » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:27 am

J Dilla wrote:. I'm happy with DeRozan. He'll be one of those guys that start off slow, but will reach the superstar level later on.

I don't see that comparison at all, to be honest.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#172 » by J Dilla » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:30 am

Hoopstarr wrote: Huh? What are you basing this on? He drafted Stephen Jackson, traded for Stephon Marbury, drafted the super-cocky Amar'e Stoudamire. He has taken on plenty of other bloated egos and risky players.

And he gets rid of them as soon as they're viewed as a problem. Remember TJ Ford?
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#173 » by kush- » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:33 am

i think demar will be a decent swingman.. but not a superstar...

people around the league have only started recognizing bosh as a superstar this season (thank you contract year..), but I don't think demar will ever have as much of an impact on this team as bosh has.

on the other hand, if jennings continues this level of play, he will have the same impact on his franchise as lebron had on cleveland, making the people of the city love basketball again.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#174 » by Avenger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:33 am

J Dilla wrote:
Hoopstarr wrote: Huh? What are you basing this on? He drafted Stephen Jackson, traded for Stephon Marbury, drafted the super-cocky Amar'e Stoudamire. He has taken on plenty of other bloated egos and risky players.

And he gets rid of them as soon as they're viewed as a problem. Remember TJ Ford?

He got rid of TJ because he was damaged goods and everyone who's watched TJ after that Horford injury knows that. As for Marbury, he got rid of him because he wanted to create capspace for Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash was his backup plan.
Jakay
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,904

Post#175 » by Jakay » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:36 am

Double Helix wrote:Remember when Charlie V scored 48 points!? He was clearly the ROY and was easily going to be the best player from that draft class, right?

I just said the same thing on the general board. It's indispustable!

Jennings4GMOAT
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#176 » by SpaceJam » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:40 am

Jakay wrote:
Double Helix wrote:Remember when Charlie V scored 48 points!? He was clearly the ROY and was easily going to be the best player from that draft class, right?

I just said the same thing on the general board. It's indispustable!

Jennings4GMOAT

The difference was that CV was having a very inconsistent year. He was averaging about 11 ppg before that game and went right back to producing average numbers. Jennings has been putting work from day 1.
_________
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,698

Post#177 » by ItsDanger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:47 am

Defence wins championships. When are you guys going to learn? As good as Jennings has done so far, its on a bad team. I recall Sotudamire having a pretty good rookie season too. Rubio's value is high because of defensive ability.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
KrazyP
General Manager
And1: 5,421

Post#178 » by KrazyP » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:12 am

ItsDanger wrote:Defence wins championships. When are you guys going to learn? As good as Jennings has done so far, its on a bad team. I recall Sotudamire having a pretty good rookie season too. Rubio's value is high because of defensive ability.

That "bad" team is now 5-2, has won 4 straight including a victory against the Nuggets. I dont understand why people choose to player hate instead of giving credit where credit is due. All signs point to Jennings being a stud.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#179 » by 99 Problems » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:15 am

ItsDanger wrote:Defence wins championships. When are you guys going to learn? As good as Jennings has done so far, its on a bad team. I recall Sotudamire having a pretty good rookie season too. Rubio's value is high because of defensive ability.

The Bucks have a better record than we do..
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#180 » by Kabookalu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:24 am

Well, except that the Bucks are a pretty damn good defensive team.

Return to Toronto Raptors