ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jennings on Rubio: "I think the dude is all hype"

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,545

Re: OT: Jennings on Rubio: "I think the dude is all hype" 

Post#181 » by s e n s i » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:25 am

5DOM wrote:So the kids who hopped on the bandwagon after watching the guy's highlights made the right choice.

Like it was a coinflip? Whatever, even using a 3 minute mix of his HS highlights was enough to tell that this kid had the "it" factor going for him, and that's what many people noticed. He's most skilled player in the draft class, clearly evident when you compare the draftees respective pre-draft highlights. Couple that with the swag and the quickness he was blessed with and it was really hard not to notice that this kid was going to be a special player.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#182 » by basketball royalty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:31 am

dagger wrote:If Jennings can play as big as his mouth, he'll be an all-star.

Nosterdamus? With the way he is playing, and the Bucks winning games I think he has a great chance at being an allstar this season.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,953

Post#183 » by Blazing_royale » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:45 am

basketball royalty wrote:

Nosterdamus? With the way he is playing, and the Bucks winning games I think he has a great chance at being an allstar this season.

thats ridiculous comment; Deron williams has yet to make it, u got Rondo and than pass allstars like Vince Carter and Rip, he's gotta get through all these players before makeing it n it will be impossible
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
singh_shady
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,123

Post#184 » by singh_shady » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:54 am

Blazing_royale wrote:

thats ridiculous comment; Deron williams has yet to make it, u got Rondo and than pass allstars like Vince Carter and Rip, he's gotta get through all these players before makeing it n it will be impossible

The Bucks are 5-2. The BUCKS.. He is carrying them, If he keeps it up and the Bucks keep winning then of course he has a great chance of becoming an Allstar. I fail to see how that comment was so ridiculous.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#185 » by basketball royalty » Sun Nov 15, 2009 6:56 am

Blazing_royale wrote:

Is it ridiculous? Deron plays out West where he is up against guys like Paul, Nash, Billups, Parker etc.

In the East the PG spot rolls out Rondo, Rose, Arenas, Harris, Nelson, Mo Williams and our own Jose Calderone. Good players but the guys who were allstars last season I don't see making it this year in Mo, Harris and Jameer. Jose is out. Arenas could probably be in but the Wizards record looks to be weak. After that he should be on the same level as Rondo and Rose if the Bucks are doing okay.
props to Turbozone for the sig
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#186 » by AB_21 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:30 pm

I didn't say Jennings would be a bust, I knew he had talent, but I just thought he was a head-case and that was going to hold him back. Guess I was wrong, I'll take it.
jrsmith
Banned User
And1: 18

Post#187 » by jrsmith » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:33 pm

lmao @ the failures in here. Raptors fans :roll: actually I should say euro fans. Raptors fans are fine in most cases. :lol:

This guy was basically depicted as being a complete thug, a moron with no brain, a guy who would be a complete bust and would never even be able to clean Rubios shoes all because of how he looks, where he came from and the way he talks while being extremely young at the same time. :rofl: my goodness what a bunch of failures
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,698

Post#188 » by ItsDanger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:44 pm

Please dont bet on sports!!!!!!

Check out Bucks record (IM NOT COMPARING TO RAPS). 1-2 road, 4-0 home. Only real quality win was Denver at home. Only road win was against t-wolves. rest were similar teams.

Therefore, do not judge their record at all at this point. It means nothing.

Lets see who's right 6 weeks from now.

Its about defence. A player can score all he wants if it doesnt mean anything come playoff time.

But I guess many of you still dont get it.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#189 » by Rhettmatic » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:45 pm

Here's a Woj column on Jennings:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news?slug=a ... &type=lgns

Fifty-five points had come without him scoring until the second quarter. He had 29 in the third quarter, when Jennings had made 12 straight shots, when the 10th pick in the draft looked like the runaway Rookie of the Year.

“The shots kept going in, and after a while the rim kept getting bigger and bigger and I just felt like I couldn’t miss,” Jennings said. “I guess I was in that zone, you know? But that doesn’t happen without [Andrew] Bogut down low, scoring in the post and opening things up for me. I’m not doing this alone here.”

Almost though, almost. Jennings talked about the New York Knicks passing on him at No. 8 on draft day, about losing out on the chance to resurrect one of the league’s glamour franchises, to make Madison Square Garden his own.

“I feel like I understand why teams like the Knicks passed on me, because I didn’t put up big numbers in Italy last year,” he said. “But you needed to see me in the practices, and the workouts, to see how I was coming along there. Hey, I’m a gym rat. You had to know that about me.”

Hours earlier, Jennings had arrived to the Bradley Center at 3 p.m. for a game at 8 to shoot with Bucks assistant Kelvin Sampson. They do it every day. Sometimes, he gets up 500 shots before they leave the gym. Eventually, Michael Redd(notes) will return to the floor and the Bucks won’t need Jennings to score so many points. He’s on his way to becoming an improbable Rookie of the Year, but insists, “Really, I’m not thinking about that at all. What I want is to keep this team winning, and get the Bucks to the playoffs. That’s what everyone wants here.”
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.

Return to Toronto Raptors