ImageImageImageImageImage

Raptors not shopping Bosh according to Vecsey

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Re: Raptors not shopping Bosh according to Vecsey 

Post#61 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:50 am

UssjTrunks wrote:
Prop wrote:
Death Knight wrote:
I guess it's better to put a strangle hold on the team by giving Bosh the max. How are you supposed to build around a Bosh then?

you "overpay" for top talent. you don't for the supporting players. stars (with the right mix of role players) win titles

Not all "stars". Bosh needs a stronger supporting cast than Wade or Lebron, for example.

Not necessarily. He just needs a different supporting cast because obviously Lebron or DWade can take the ball from end to end and finish a play in the clutch all by themselves if needed. He is a PF and obviously we need a perimeter guy who can create. Much like Tim Duncan needs Ginobili and Parker.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Prop
Veteran
And1: 34

Post#62 » by Prop » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:56 am

basketball royalty wrote:

Not necessarily. He just needs a different supporting cast because obviously Lebron or DWade can take the ball from end to end and finish a play in the clutch all by themselves if needed. He is a PF and obviously we need a perimeter guy who can create. Much like Tim Duncan needs Ginobili and Parker.

^even better point.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,411

Post#63 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 2:57 am

UssjTrunks wrote:
Prop wrote:
you "overpay" for top talent. you don't for the supporting players. stars (with the right mix of role players) win titles

Not all "stars". Bosh needs a stronger supporting cast than Wade or Lebron, for example.

Tim Duncan plays with his back to the basket, which gives his teammates open shots. Ginobli and Parker would be a lot less effective with Bosh on their team.
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#64 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:08 am

UssjTrunks wrote:Tim Duncan plays with his back to the basket, which gives his teammates open shots. Ginobli and Parker would be a lot less effective with Bosh on their team.

Agreed, but Bosh is still not yet in his prime and could still improve his passing out of double teams. Also, you can look at the Utah Jazz in the Karl Malone years. They were a damn good team revolving around an offensive PF. Didn't make it to the promised land but they knocked on the door a couple times.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#65 » by sl64 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:11 am

UssjTrunks wrote:Tim Duncan plays with his back to the basket, which gives his teammates open shots. Ginobli and Parker would be a lot less effective with Bosh on their team.

Agreed, but Bosh is still not yet in his prime and could still improve his passing out of double teams. Also, you can look at the Utah Jazz in the Karl Malone years. They were a damn good team revolving around an offensive PF. Didn't make it to the promised land but they knocked on the door a couple times.

Those Karl Malone Jazz teams had two things we don't have and are unlikely to get... a HOF PG and a HOF coach... and on top of that, Malone was more talented than Bosh is. Not the best comparison.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
basketball royalty
RealGM

Post#66 » by basketball royalty » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:21 am

sl64 wrote:

Those Karl Malone Jazz teams had two things we don't have and are unlikely to get... a HOF PG and a HOF coach... and on top of that, Malone was more talented than Bosh is. Not the best comparison.

Of course Malone is more talented than Bosh, so is Duncan. My point is we are building around an offensive PF and thus we have to look at teams who have done the same and been successful. Others I can think of are Dallas with Dirk and Sacramento with CWebb. They made some nice runs and had some nice teams put together even though these guys made MAX dollars. It can be done is all I am saying.
Jay_Rizzles27
Junior
And1: 0

Post#67 » by Jay_Rizzles27 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:23 am

Ive made post on here saying we need to keep Bosh, but you know now that am starting to believe what Stephen A Smith was saying was truth. Id rather just get rid of him now, why have him affect your team for a whole year if hes not commited to the team.
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#68 » by JD225 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 3:33 am

I'm going to say this in this thread, it seems like Bulls fans are 2 years behind in terms of assigning value to their players. Luol Deng, Tyrus Thomas, Noah, Hinrich are you kidding me? If BC trades our best player for those guys I will be speechless.
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#69 » by magani » Mon Jun 22, 2009 4:19 am

http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.ph ... id=5129714

What about this trade for Bosh? Why not a trade with Washington? They seem to be in a win now mode with Arenas coming back healthy. I think a Caron Butler/Blatche trade for Bosh and a swap of first round picks (their 5 for our 9) is a fair and great deal for both teams. This is conditional only IMO if Harden is still available at that draft slot. Bosh is the best player in the deal so we'd have to get a better draft pick. If Blatche is too good in order to match salaries, we could ask for Young or even add banks and take back one of their crappier contracts since they are trying to get out of tax hell.

The Wiz are looking at a starting 5 of Arenas/Young/Jamison/Bosh/Haywood

The Raps are looking at Calderon/Harden/Butler/Evans/Bargnani Ukic/Delfino/Hump/Blatche/Gortat?
2018-19 NBA Champions. Can never take that away.
magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Post#70 » by magani » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:04 am

magani wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5129714

What about this trade for Bosh? Why not a trade with Washington? They seem to be in a win now mode with Arenas coming back healthy. I think a Caron Butler/Blatche trade for Bosh and a swap of first round picks (their 5 for our 9) is a fair and great deal for both teams. This is conditional only IMO if Harden is still available at that draft slot. Bosh is the best player in the deal so we'd have to get a better draft pick. If Blatche is too good in order to match salaries, we could ask for Young or even add banks and take back one of their crappier contracts since they are trying to get out of tax hell.

The Raps are looking at Calderon/Harden/Butler/Evans/Bargnani Ukic/Delfino/Hump/Blatche/Gortat?

I posted the above trade scenario on the Trade Board to get feedback from other Wizard/Raptors fans.
2018-19 NBA Champions. Can never take that away.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#71 » by Assassin_1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:15 am

If we trade Bosh I hope we send off our bad contracts with him and I'm intially talking Humphires and Banks. I also hope we can get back something like. Butler+5th Pick/Horford+Marvin/J. Smith+Marvin/A.Randolph+7th Pick+Jackson. I really like the Hawks package or the Washington package.

Bargnani
Smith
Marvin
DeRozan
Calderon

Horford
Bargnani
Marvin
DeRozan
Calderon

???
Bargnani
Marion/DeRozan
Butler/Evans
Calderon

They would all really look good.
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#72 » by Assassin_1 » Mon Jun 22, 2009 5:17 am

magani wrote:http://www.realgm.com/src_checktrade.php?tradeid=5129714

I think we should be able to keep our pick we be giving them a shot at the title, Butler+Blatche+Harden for Bosh is fair enough and I think both parties do that.

Blatche
Bargnani
Marion/DeRozan
Butler/Harden
Calderon
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,528

Post#73 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:05 am

Jamison can't play SF anymore

Return to Toronto Raptors