ImageImageImageImageImage

So Far: Being Patient, Disappointed, Happy?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Patient, Disappointed, Happy?

Poll ended at Sat Jul 25, 2009 7:54 pm

Patient
55%
Disappointed
39%
Happy
6%

Total votes: 83

Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Re: So Far: Being Patient, Disappointed, Happy? 

Post#41 » by Korr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:20 pm

boshprincess wrote:
Korr wrote:
boshprincess wrote:+1 Again it's looking like BC thinks last years team can make the playoffs which isn't the case.

The season doesn't start for months and you somehow make the assumption that BC is completely done making moves?

Lol back at RealGM for the first time in a long time and now I remember why I left.

The fact that BC has been talking about signing all our free agents says a lot.

Seriously you're basing your assumptions on that?

Did you already forget what he said about Villanueva? I think anyone would know not to listen to closely to what BC says about what he's going to do.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#42 » by Anatomize » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:21 pm

I'm disappointed so far

I see many teams making moves, even the Knicks bought a few picks.

Yea there is still time until the draft, but if we come out with one lone rookie pick out of this entire night, I would be pissed.

All the top teams in the east just got better, and now Washington.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#43 » by Avenger » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Anatomize wrote:I'm disappointed so far

Yea there is still time until the draft, but if we come out with one lone rookie pick out of this entire night, I would be pissed.

they bought the 29th pick for 3 million and had to give up future second rounder, does that sound like a good deal to you?
lemondrop
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#44 » by lemondrop » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:23 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:
boshprincess wrote:
jrsmith wrote:so many teams including contenders making big moves or trying too. absolutely nothing going on for us. BC being proactive my ass :lol:

+1 Again it's looking like BC thinks last years team can make the playoffs which isn't the case.

You understand that NO ONE WANTS OUR POOH POOH PLATTER OF BORDERLINE TALENTS right?

haha nice avatar, he was one of my favs growing up

There in lies the problem, we have alot of pooh and we need to make some major changes, doesn;t even have to be trades player for player, it can be an added pick, it can be trading up or down in the draft with some talent coming back, anything, this team is a mess.
Morena R
Analyst
And1: 1
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#45 » by Morena R » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:25 pm

jrsmith wrote:
Yuri Vaultin wrote:
boshprincess wrote:
+1 Again it's looking like BC thinks last years team can make the playoffs which isn't the case.

You understand that NO ONE WANTS OUR POOH POOH PLATTER OF BORDERLINE TALENTS right?

whos fault is it that our team is built through "POOH POOH PLATTER OF BORDERLINE TALENTS"? Do we still blame GG or babcock, or do we still blame Isiah?? What do we do going foward? Continue moving pooh for pooh? Blame seasons on a hamstring injury, a bad coach?

He refuses to move any of the 3, but has shown 0 ability to surround them with players that would even contend in the 1st round..
At some point he will need to make some good moves.

+1
Morena R
Analyst
Location: Born in Santo Dominigo,Dominican Rep, But I Go To School In Toronto

Post#46 » by Morena R » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

Korr wrote:
boshprincess wrote:
Korr wrote:The season doesn't start for months and you somehow make the assumption that BC is completely done making moves?

Lol back at RealGM for the first time in a long time and now I remember why I left.

The fact that BC has been talking about signing all our free agents says a lot.

I can assume anything i want don't except us to get any better if we aren't trading either Calderon or Bargs. All people have been talking about is how he thinks we are underachieving which is total B.S.
Koosh
Banned User

Post#47 » by Koosh » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:27 pm

I'm dying to hear some news about the Raps as much as the next guy but at the same time I can't help but consider the fact that almost every major move BC has made thus far has come from out of nowhere. No rumors, no hype... stuff just happened. I imagine it'll be the same if any big moves occur tonight.
Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,754

Post#48 » by Basketball_Jones » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:28 pm

patient, but not surprised. he hasn't given any indication of big changes this offseason. this isn't 3 years ago when he said major changes to the roster needed to be made. he really believes this team is good, or will make the playoffs and keep the treadmill going im guessing. thus, keeping most fans happy and mlse happy. bah, im just being too cynical I guess lol. I'm sure he is itching to get in on some of this stuff.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#49 » by timdunkit » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:30 pm

Like everyone else, im a bit anxious and on my feet waiting for something to happen ... but then again, I don't want the FO to rush into moves ... Just because we haven't made moves it doesnt mean the FO isnt working or being busy ... from everything that has been said, I think there working even faster/harder on everything! People have to realize there are still certain things to figure out! Once the draft sorts out and the BYC date passes by and etc thats when I will start to expect moves to be made ...
Anatomize
General Manager

Post#50 » by Anatomize » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:31 pm

Avenger wrote:
Anatomize wrote:I'm disappointed so far

they bought the 29th pick for 3 million and had to give up future second rounder, does that sound like a good deal to you?

I didn't go into the logistics of it, I just heard they bought a 2nd pick, but now that you mention that, its pretty weak they had to give up a second rounder.

The 3 mill is no biggy, we're talking about NY here :)

regardless, this was about what the Raptors are doing in comparison with other teams. I don't want us to give up a hand or a leg, and with free agency still looming, I obviously have to be patient. It just hurts to see these blockbuster deals from Eastern contenders which more or less tells you about our future this season..
Korr
Veteran
And1: 1,367

Post#51 » by Korr » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:31 pm

boshprincess wrote:
Korr wrote:
boshprincess wrote:The fact that BC has been talking about signing all our free agents says a lot.

I can assume anything i want don't except us to get any better if we aren't trading either Calderon or Bargs. All people have been talking about is how he thinks we are underachieving which is total B.S.

Lol okay. Just don't expect to be taken seriously.

Oh wait I'm on RealGM :roll:. Peace.
Nia
Assistant Coach
And1: 4
Location: South Beach, Miami, but currently live in Tdot for School

Post#52 » by Nia » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 pm

It seems majority teams in the NBA is getting mentioned or Break-News except Raptors. INTERESTING!
Anatomize
General Manager

Post#53 » by Anatomize » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:32 pm

"Good draft pick? Not on my watch"
tkim01
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#54 » by tkim01 » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:33 pm

lol

According to some of you, it seems like the season is starting next week. It's not even July 1st yet.

There is nothing wrong with waiting to see how the other teams measure up prior to making significant decisions.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#55 » by Avenger » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Nia wrote:It seems majority teams in the NBA is getting mentioned or Break-News except Raptors. INTERESTING!

and how many of them really got better? Making trades only matters if you got better, i'm not sure any of those teams really got a good deal(except Minny)
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,182

Post#56 » by djsunyc » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:34 pm

tkim01 wrote:lol

According to some of you, it seems like the season is starting next week. It's not even July 1st yet.

There is nothing wrong with waiting to see how the other teams measure up prior to making significant decisions.

lol - tkim with a very sane post.

but most of this thread is baby wants milk. no milk. baby cries.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,477

Post#57 » by Brinbe » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:34 pm

Patient for now... Yes, it's disheartening to see everyone making moves but we did do something (albeit minor) with Evans/Krapono at least. So for now I'll wait and see what develops.
Spragga
General Manager
And1: 1,679

Post#58 » by Spragga » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:35 pm

junot111 wrote:I feel like I'm watching Jose lead a fastbreak

LMAO
why was hakeem called "the dream"??"

Because it rhymes with 'Olajuwon'.

remember Canadians are just Mexicans with sweaters
Anatomize
General Manager

Post#59 » by Anatomize » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

Avenger wrote:
Nia wrote:It seems majority teams in the NBA is getting mentioned or Break-News except Raptors. INTERESTING!

and how many of them really got better? Making trades only matters if you got better, i'm not sure any of those teams really got a good deal(except Minny)

Cavs didn't get better?

Washington didn't get better? (hole at SG shored, excellent/competent SF backup to Butler)

Spurs didn't get better?

Magic (presumably) aren't going to be better?
draft
Starter
And1: 8

Post#60 » by draft » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:36 pm

The only good sg/sf available on the trade market are Tmac and Redd. Teams are dumping players for cap space and we don't do anything even though we can offer teams immediae cap relief.

Return to Toronto Raptors