ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Orlando Sentinel Vince Coming Home

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

quilla_b
Sophomore
And1: 13

OT: Orlando Sentinel Vince Coming Home 

Post#1 » by quilla_b » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:13 pm

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-bk-magic-trade-for-carter-062509,0,3371112.story

I'm still in shock. I want Carter back. :lol:

Carter, who attended Daytona Beach Mainland High School and has owned a house in Isleworth, said the trade was a dream come true but also a shock. He was teaching at his basketball camp in Orlando when the news broke.

"This is a wonderful opportunity for me," he said. "When I found out I got traded I was like OK, great. Then I said, 'OK, where?' And they told me 'back home,' which is a dream come true. I am excited, proud and just ready to represent my hometown well."

Carter said he just hoped to "fit in" and "help a great team go further."

Chances of Turk re-signing is slim.

Smith didn't go into details, but said that Thursday's acquisition of Carter — an eight-time all-star — will make re-signing Turkoglu something of a long-shot.

"It would be hard," Smith said.

Pics of the press conference

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/basketball/magic/orl-magic-vince-carter-pictures,0,4418970.photogallery
HypNotiQ
Pro Prospect
And1: 2

Re: OT: Orlando Sentinel Vince Coming Home 

Post#2 » by HypNotiQ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:26 pm

Turkoglu must be pissed. After all he did in the playoffs and for the past few years; the Carter acquistion was sort of like stabbing him in the back.
Also, I know VC is more mature than he was in his T.O days but I couldnt help but cringe in his intro conference meeting when he said about playing with Dwight:
"Ive never played with a dominant big guy"
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#3 » by RINSE » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Does Vince look happy or what? lol
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#4 » by Kayjay » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:28 pm

Okay those are too many teeth in that mouth.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#5 » by J-Roc » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:32 pm

I don't think he's got what it takes to be the go-to guy in crunch time...in important games. Forget games against the lowly Raptors at the ACC.
Paradokz
Pro Prospect
And1: 214

Post#6 » by Paradokz » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:33 pm

HypNotiQ wrote:Also, I know VC is more mature than he was in his T.O days but I couldnt help but cringe in his intro conference meeting when he said about playing with Dwight:

somewhere... rupaul is shaking his head
ZeriousLy
Lead Assistant
And1: 775

Post#7 » by ZeriousLy » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:35 pm

Paradokz wrote:
HypNotiQ wrote:Also, I know VC is more mature than he was in his T.O days but I couldnt help but cringe in his intro conference meeting when he said about playing with Dwight:

Wasn't Bosh in his second season when VC got traded?
ILLuMiNAUGHTY
Lead Assistant
And1: 77

Post#8 » by ILLuMiNAUGHTY » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:39 pm

ZeriousLy wrote:
Paradokz wrote:

Wasn't Bosh in his second season when VC got traded?

First season, methinks. Closest he has ever come to anything resembling dominant was Hakeem and Antonio Davis.
Missin' you already. God speed, gentle giant.
Brinbe
RealGM
And1: 35,477

Post#9 » by Brinbe » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:40 pm

Damn, he's gonna do exceptionally well there. Always does when the pressure isn't all on him.
vctmac
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#10 » by vctmac » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:54 pm

J-Roc wrote:I don't think he's got what it takes to be the go-to guy in crunch time...in important games. Forget games against the lowly Raptors at the ACC.

you must be crazy, vc is one of the clutchest players in the nba, see his games against miami when they made the playoffs. He has hit buzzer beaters after buzzer beaters. If there is anything you can say about vince is maybe he doesnt show up the whole game, but when it comes to crunch time, hes top 5 in the L
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,407

Post#11 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 pm

J-Roc wrote:I don't think he's got what it takes to be the go-to guy in crunch time...in important games. Forget games against the lowly Raptors at the ACC.

You clearly don't watch anything but the Raptors. Vince is not top 5, he's a top 3 player in the league when it comes to clutch shots.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
tosi
Assistant Coach
And1: 504

Post#12 » by tosi » Fri Jun 26, 2009 2:57 pm

vctmac wrote:

you must be crazy, vc is one of the clutchest players in the nba, see his games against miami when they made the playoffs. He has hit buzzer beaters after buzzer beaters. If there is anything you can say about vince is maybe he doesnt show up the whole game, but when it comes to crunch time, hes top 5 in the L

If he is not rolling on the ground crying.. or joking around with the enemy...

Or going to nelly concerts.. come on.. Nelly...
fart wrote:I agree. get over it people. MJ is ridicoulsly overrated that people have developed this perception that no one can challenge him for GOAT.
J-Roc
RealGM
And1: 7,550

Post#13 » by J-Roc » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:00 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:

You clearly don't watch anything but the Raptors. Vince is not top 5, he's a top 3 player in the league when it comes to clutch shots.

Whatever, video game GM. I say it would be different if in the big game he had to go possession vs possession against Lebron. You say VC is the best. Who's right? We'll find out if Orlando is good enough to get back to the East final vs the Cavs.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,407

Post#14 » by Tha Cynic » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:06 pm

J-Roc wrote:Whatever, video game GM. I say it would be different if in the big game he had to go possession vs possession against Lebron. You say VC is the best. Who's right? We'll find out if Orlando is good enough to get back to the East final vs the Cavs.

:lol: Man, you really just made random comments about Vince when you have no idea how good he really is in clutch situations.

I'm not a GM. I'm a basketball fan who actually watches other teams play. Vince, even through all the injuries and passiveness, is still one of the top 3 clutch players in the league.

Why are you commenting in a thread about a guy who you clearly haven't watched play in a very long time? Following the drone mentality, to come in and bash Vince even after all these years because its become the cool thing to do?

BTW where the hell did I say anything about him being better than Lebron James one-on-one? :roll:
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
vctmac
Rookie
And1: 568

Post#15 » by vctmac » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:15 pm

J-Roc wrote:Whatever, video game GM. I say it would be different if in the big game he had to go possession vs possession against Lebron. You say VC is the best. Who's right? We'll find out if Orlando is good enough to get back to the East final vs the Cavs.

Whatever, Vanilla Ice
CrookedJ
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,764

Post#16 » by CrookedJ » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:17 pm

Dwight and VC together. That team is gonna have some light hearted moments. Good thing that they traded Alston for him, those two were a bad mix.

I do think that VC is the perfect guy ( well aside from Kobe/LBJ/Wade) to add to the mix there. Dwight and Shard can carry a lot of the load, VC can fully utilize his passing abilities, and be there in the clutch.
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,951

Post#17 » by ATLTimekeeper » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:20 pm

I don't think Vince's personality is a good mesh with Dwight. I can see lots of laughs when they're getting blown out. They'll be losing three very competitive guys in Hedo, Lee and Alston and replacing them with a talented entertainer.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#18 » by basketball royalty » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:24 pm

Good move but I don't know that it makes them much better, it probably only keeps them where they were considering Hedo was near allstar caliber for them and they lose Lee too. Alston is decent but he had to go anyways. Should be interesting to watch though, maybe being on an actual contender will be motivation enough to bring the hungry and determined VC we haven't seen since early in his career.
props to Turbozone for the sig
vulture
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,916

Post#19 » by vulture » Fri Jun 26, 2009 3:29 pm

Tha Cynic wrote:

:lol: Man, you really just made random comments about Vince when you have no idea how good he really is in clutch situations.

I'm not a GM. I'm a basketball fan who actually watches other teams play. Vince, even through all the injuries and passiveness, is still one of the top 3 clutch players in the league.

Why are you commenting in a thread about a guy who you clearly haven't watched play in a very long time? Following the drone mentality, to come in and bash Vince even after all these years because its become the cool thing to do?

BTW where the hell did I say anything about him being better than Lebron James one-on-one? :roll:

Cynic, you're wasting your time with Jroc. His bball IQ is that of a 4th grader.

This is a great trade for Orlando and I expect them to get to the finals barring any injuries.

Return to Toronto Raptors