ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Jennings Epic Entrance + Jennings: "F The Knicks"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

cold5
Veteran
And1: 115

Re: OT: Jennings Epic Entrance + Jennings: "F The Knicks" 

Post#61 » by cold5 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:20 am

mad-mo wrote:For those who missed it here's Jennings draft entrance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BLwVq48W5AQ
lmaooooo has to be the best draft entrance in nba history

Plus, Jennings was on a live stream with Joe Budden the other day and when asked about the Knicks passing on him he replied "F*ck the Knicks!, them (explicit) ass (explicit) always going to suck!!"

:lol: :lol: :lol: based on the knick shots this dude needs to be in a Raptor jersey

Brandon Jennings +1
Ill Mago
Rookie
And1: 1

Post#62 » by Ill Mago » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:58 am

he deleted his twitter? good move on his part imo
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#63 » by cdel00 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 6:51 am

look at 17 yearold Jennings vs 19 yearold Mayo at 1:40 Jennings trashtalking like Payton.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jh6Yz0aj ... re=related
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#64 » by Spartan13 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 7:25 am

I'm not gonna lie, that entrance was bad ass!!!! Add me to the Jennings bandwagon, i hope this kid succeeds and proves that he belongs and that he made the right choice going to Europe.
TheRaptor!
General Manager
And1: 5,533

Post#65 » by TheRaptor! » Sun Jun 28, 2009 8:10 am

lets see..

1. The guy has some real swag
2. the guy has talent
3. the guy hates the knicks
4. the guy has an epic introduction to the nba.
5, had chemistry with Derozan

But me on the bandwagon
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#66 » by alivinglegend » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:38 am

Aren't most people here forgetting his entrance was only that "epic" because he was too much of a pussy to show up to the theater and not get picked high enough for his fragile ego to take. I mean honestly the guy epitomizes everything that is wrong with gangster culture, As in:

1) He's arrogant as hell with basically no body of work to back it up.
And
2) He's an attention hog who's willing to say and do whatever to have people look his way.

And the worst part is some of you guys are actually fans of his for acting like it. Maybe I'll just put it down to 12 year old gangsters posting on this board but the fact remains that anyone giving Jennings their respect for ridiculous stunts like this is probably the same type of person who thinks Marbury is a great player because of his stats and that Iverson would help out the Raptors next year.

And that's the end of my rant, sorry if I offended anyone (wasn't intended) I just really hate to see punks like Jennings get respect for being egotistical clowns.
Jamario Moon Trancends Time And Space
Live Free
General Manager
And1: 2,836

Post#67 » by Live Free » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:52 am

alivinglegend wrote:Aren't most people here forgetting his entrance was only that "epic" because he was too much of a pussy to show up to the theater and not get picked high enough for his fragile ego to take. I mean honestly the guy epitomizes everything that is wrong with gangster culture, As in:

1) He's arrogant as hell with basically no body of work to back it up.
And
2) He's an attention hog who's willing to say and do whatever to have people look his way.

And the worst part is some of you guys are actually fans of his for acting like it. Maybe I'll just put it down to 12 year old gangsters posting on this board but the fact remains that anyone giving Jennings their respect for ridiculous stunts like this is probably the same type of person who thinks Marbury is a great player because of his stats and that Iverson would help out the Raptors next year.

And that's the end of my rant, sorry if I offended anyone (wasn't intended) I just really hate to see punks like Jennings get respect for being egotistical clowns.

so gangsters are arrogant young black males? and i'm a 12 year old gangster for posting this thread?
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer

Post#68 » by alivinglegend » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:02 am

No that's not what I meant at all, if Jennings was white and acting like this I would have exactly the same critiscism. In my opinion race has nothing to do with gangster culture, case and point are guys like Bogut who I feel the same way about and who are from a completely different background.
Live Free
General Manager

Post#69 » by Live Free » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:20 am

alivinglegend wrote:No that's not what I meant at all, if Jennings was white and acting like this I would have exactly the same critiscism. In my opinion race has nothing to do with gangster culture, case and point are guys like Bogut who I feel the same way about and who are from a completely different background.

wtf do you know about gangster culture? an arrogant kid show up late at draft night.. and thats gangster culture? you don't know anything about the kid but your labeling him a ganster which is the lowest class of society.

Did you know this "gangster" spent 2hours after every practice going to local Rome schools and helping out with the kids?

how about this gangster, immediatly donating 50,000 after news of earthquakes in Rome.. you know what Colangelo's dad thought about it?

“It’s extraordinary to see a young man who is new to Italy respond so quickly and reach out with such a generous donation to make a difference in the lives of so many of those families that are suffering from the devastating earthquake,” NIAF Acting Chairman Jerry Colangelo said.

”After living in Rome this year, my family has found a second home. When I heard about the devastation of the earthquake I knew I had to do something,” Jennings said. “Growing up in Southern California, I am no stranger to earthquakes and after seeing on television and on the internet how many people died and how many families lost everything, I wanted to do my part,” Jennings added.

that was so gangster of him to do that..

do you think ricky rubio is a gangster for refusing to report to minnesota and threatning the organization?

people like you make me sick, and your exactly whats wrong with today's society.. i'm young and black and i'm constantly getting discriminated against by scumbags like you because of how i look and where i live.. its pathetic... clean your act up for the world we live in's sake
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer

Post#70 » by alivinglegend » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:44 am

And its not possible to be a decent human being AND a gangster? You're the one who keeps saying they're the "lowest members of society" and all of this stuff I never once mentioned and do not believe.

And contrary to what my first post may have made it seem like, my anger isn't really directed toward guys like Jennings I'm sure he put in a lot of hard work to make the league and like you said he did donate money in a disaster situation, my anger is directed toward the people who glorify the questionable actions of celebrities (and yes those things I mentioned about Jennings before do count in my view, though they're VERY minor compared to the acts of other public figures, he was just the topic of this thread.) and respect these celebrities more for them. In the case of Jennings its doing no harm and I was probably overly harsh in my criticism of him, but when it gets to an extreme and people start respecting celebrities for going to prison or glorifying ridiculous things like "no snitching" its not exactly a benefit to society now is it? So to say that its "people like me" (like you have any clue who I am) who are what's wrong with society is completely unfair but I suppose we'll probably just have to disagree.

And yes, to answer your question, I think Rubio is even more arrogant for doing that to Minnesota, at least Jennings was happy to go to the team that drafted him.
Live Free
General Manager

Post#71 » by Live Free » Sun Jun 28, 2009 10:51 am

alivinglegend wrote:And its not possible to be a decent human being AND a gangster? You're the one who keeps saying they're the "lowest members of society" and all of this stuff I never once mentioned and do not believe.

And contrary to what my first post may have made it seem like, my anger isn't really directed toward guys like Jennings I'm sure he put in a lot of hard work to make the league and like you said he did donate money in a disaster situation, my anger is directed toward the people who glorify the questionable actions of celebrities (and yes those things I mentioned about Jennings before do count in my view, though they're VERY minor compared to the acts of other public figures, he was just the topic of this thread.) and respect these celebrities more for them. In the case of Jennings its doing no harm and I was probably overly harsh in my criticism of him, but when it gets to an extreme and people start respecting celebrities for going to prison or glorifying ridiculous things like "no snitching" its not exactly a benefit to society now is it? So to say that its "people like me" (like you have any clue who I am) who are what's wrong with society is completely unfair but I suppose we'll probably just have to disagree.

And yes, to answer your question, I think Rubio is even more arrogant for doing that to Minnesota, at least Jennings was happy to go to the team that drafted him.

Your post stopped there, you need to stfu, go to kipling and rexdale while wearing all red.. come back and hopefully by then you'll know what a gangster means... your labeling people gangsters based on todays pop culture.. pathetic, you have no idea what a gangster is yet your labeling everyone a gangster, you need to stop posting on this forum for everyones sake
RaptorFan21
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#72 » by RaptorFan21 » Sun Jun 28, 2009 11:17 am

Why people fight about this? who care what Jennings do, either he become good NBA player or he go back to Europe, draft entrance and interview do not change this.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,111

Post#73 » by xAIRNESSx » Sun Jun 28, 2009 12:40 pm

LMAO

That was amazing. Too bad they didn't actually play that music when he came out. Blowing kisses to the crowd and practically ignoring Stern definitely put that entrance over the top.
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#74 » by Young_Buc » Sun Jun 28, 2009 2:45 pm

Mayo: "Im built to destroy"

fouled and falls down*

"you were built to fall on your azz"

bahaahhahahhaahahahhaa

I don't care, this guy is gold.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#75 » by Avenger » Sun Jun 28, 2009 4:37 pm

He didn't just diss the knicks, the guy disrespected his peers, veterans like Ridnour and Duhon. He also took shots at Rubio again, the kid is a straight up punk.

Return to Toronto Raptors