ImageImageImageImageImage

Raps close to signing Jarret Jack to an offer sheet - CBS

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Legend Killer
Junior
And1: 0

Re: Raps close to signing Jarret Jack to an offer sheet - CBS 

Post#201 » by Legend Killer » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:23 am

I didn't write we're getting past the 2nd round! that other guy wrote that!!!! That's what i'm saying...we're 5th place at best!!
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#202 » by alivinglegend » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:24 am

Legend Killer wrote:I didn't write we're getting past the 2nd round! that other guy wrote that!!!! That's what i'm saying...we're 5th place at best!!

At best? seriously? so absolutely 100% for sure without a shadow of a doubt which 4 teams do the Raptors finish behind?
Jamario Moon Trancends Time And Space
Bertoo
Pro Prospect
And1: 530

Post#203 » by Bertoo » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:26 am

Sorry about that, misquote.

alivinglegend wrote:
Legend Killer wrote:I didn't write we're getting past the 2nd round! that other guy wrote that!!!! That's what i'm saying...we're 5th place at best!!

At best? seriously? so absolutely 100% for sure without a shadow of a doubt which 4 teams do the Raptors finish behind?

This is such a terrible statement to make. The east is very top heavy this season, meaning the top 4 (maybe even 5) are set in stone. Barring injuring, I highhhhhly doubt anything will change.
Raptors fan since day 1
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#204 » by Avenger » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:26 am

i don't like it, Jack ain't that efficient and everyone thinks he's a lockdown defender when he's below average at best. But what i do know, i've been wrong at just about everything so far this season :)
garbage time
Starter
And1: 1

Post#205 » by garbage time » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:27 am

Legend Killer wrote:Rapsobsessed7 Wrote:
Yeah But say he walks..we're well above the Salary Cap..And I doubt Bosh will resign...Tukaglu is good but still we got to get pass the 2nd round otherwise i doubt Bosh stays...

We would get past the 2nd round with a team of

Calderon/Jack/Banks
Derozan/Delfino/Ukic
Hedo/Wright/George
Bosh/Evans
Bargnani/Rasho/O'Byrant

Why wouldnt we be better than Orlando can you explain that? We would be top 3 in the league easily and a chance to go far with our depth + motivation of bosh, i think we cann get to the ECF and Bosh and Jack are great friends he will resign.[/quote]

Top 3 in the LEAGUE!???????????? I don't agree with that at ALL...Ummm LAKERS,BOSTON,ORLAND,SPURS are 10x better than us. Im confident we're not being Top 3 in the League! I wish we were tho[/quote]

HAHAHA SO WRONG, YOU FAILED
ibtl
MagnusPinus
Analyst
And1: 148

Post#206 » by MagnusPinus » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

This raptor team would have amazing potential.. especially considering the possible development of our 2 big guys.. We can definitely go deep in the playoff
GuyverADL wrote:
The only thing Curry will raise from the start of the season is his cholesterol.
People do not understand Curry's reason for wanting to be a ballerina. He wanted to be able to contort his body to be able to fit in the fridge.
Legend Killer
Junior

Post#207 » by Legend Killer » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

Bertoo wrote:Sorry about that, misquote.

alivinglegend wrote:

This is such a terrible statement to make. The east is very top heavy this season, meaning the top 4 (maybe even 5) are set in stone. Barring injuring, I highhhhhly doubt anything will change.

Exactly
EliteBaller
Banned User

Post#208 » by EliteBaller » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:28 am

Personally I would rather have Sessions/Felton but those two would be much HARDER to get
EliteBaller
Banned User

Post#209 » by EliteBaller » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:29 am

IF BC keeps making good acquisitions I wouldn't call this a 1st round team anymore. All things are possible depending on how this new group of talent meshes.
alivinglegend
Bench Warmer
And1: 276

Post#210 » by alivinglegend » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 am

Bertoo wrote:Sorry about that, misquote.

alivinglegend wrote:

I'll give you top 3 but I don't really see the top 5 being set in stone, in fact, I can't even think of what team you're saying is a lock for the 5th seed.
Jamario Moon Trancends Time And Space
Gruel
Senior

Post#211 » by Gruel » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 am

The possible addition of Jack does not bring us from a possible 4-6 seed to a 3 seed.
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#212 » by The Chucker » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:34 am

EliteBaller do you ever shut up?
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#213 » by [SJJ] » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 am

Bc... One thing is sure... you do NOT **** around...
EliteBaller
Banned User

Post#214 » by EliteBaller » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:35 am

TORaptorsFan wrote:EliteBaller do you ever shut up?

lol....come on....I don't post THAT much.
douggood
General Manager
And1: 5,325

Post#215 » by douggood » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:36 am

A jack signing gives us another assets which we can parlay into something better down the road. I dont care if you are a fan of jack or not, its all about good assets at this point.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,181

Post#216 » by djsunyc » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:36 am

Gruel wrote:The possible addition of Jack does not bring us from a possible 4-6 seed to a 3 seed.

we when go to our bench now, there is no slippage in the backcourt. if we can get one more big, we are back to having quality players on the floor for 48 mins.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,181

Post#217 » by djsunyc » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:40 am

now, if there's any way colangelo finagles a S&T with indiana, i think a place of worship will need to be built for him.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#218 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:41 am

if this signing goes through I expect us to resemble 2006 status and win about 47 games --- we're going to beat the crap out of the sub .500 teams (b/c as dsu said we will never have a crappy bench lineup on the floor). We'll overhwelm the poor teams with good depth.

I still don't think we're good enough to beat the top 3 in the East but I have no problem slugging it out with anyone else in the 1st round. Atlanta has a good team but I think we can take them down ..... Bosh and Jose know better by now how to play in the postseason + Hedo factor + guys like Evans/Wright/Rasho can all bring something extra for us off the bench to push us through.

We basically wouldn't have any crap content anymore .... and when you consider some of the lineups we cobbled together and put out there the last 2 years .... cost us a lot of games.
prototype
Analyst
And1: 357

Post#219 » by prototype » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:44 am

I don't mind Jack since I've always liked him. But I wouldn't spend the full MLE on him. I'd spend the majority of it on him, then use the rest for Matt Barnes. And then resigning Delfino and Rasho would make our bench the defensive, gritty, hard-nosed second unit. While our starting five is pure offensive power. Hopefully with Banks or George, we cut or trade for useless crap.

PG: Calderon/Jack/(Ukic)/(Banks)
SG: DeRozan/Delfino/Wright
SF: Turkoglu/Barnes/
PF: Bosh/Evans/Bonsu
C: Bargnani/Nesterovic/(O'Bryant)
GP2
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,521

Post#220 » by GP2 » Sun Jul 12, 2009 12:51 am

As much as I'd love to get Jack (good backup and tight with CB4), I have a feeling Indy will definitely match. They seem uncomfortable with Ford as the starting PG and I'm sure they'd love to have Jack back. Hopefully, Raptors will be able to pick him up without Indy matching.

Return to Toronto Raptors