ImageImageImageImageImage

All Ex-Raptors deserve Hostile Treatment at ACC

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Robert Babcock
Banned User
And1: 0

All Ex-Raptors deserve Hostile Treatment at ACC 

Post#1 » by Robert Babcock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 5:58 pm

This is to all raptor fans who attend ACC game. Now before you start complaining about the thread title and subject, please read the thread.

Toronto is known to be a nice city and Canadians are celebrated as being good natured people. Raptor fans have a tendency to be loyal to former players (regardless of the amount of success or time spent), nice and accommodating to other teams when they play against us in the ACC. the only time this doesnt apply is in the playoffs and against NJ. This has to stop raptor fans, it is unacceptable to be Nice to your enemy #1 (the opposing team) when the game starts. Before and after the game you can be as nice as you want to any opposing player because its just a game at the end of the day... but once the ball is in the air, throw it all out the window and create a hostile environment at the ACC, Not a homecoming for ex players.

you should be booing every opposing player when the game starts including ex raptors as much as we can. This will intimidate 'some' players and it will fire up our own players. As a raptor fan, you are committing a sin when you cheer for an ex-raptor at the free throw line or for hitting a jumpshot against us!

If you are a supporter of these ex raptors and you so happen to attend a raptor game, don't cheer for them but quietly appreciate them. why? Because you are at the ACC supporting the raptors! if your loyalty towards a player is >>>> loyalty towards the raptors, than you aren't a real raptors fan to begin with. I am a huge TJ fan and I was at the first game when he returned to Toronto....i didnt cheer for him during the game, I booed his A$$ because i wanted the raptors to win, but i still respect and like TJ. It has nothing to do with feelings or giving appreciation to a ex player, its about the raptors winning and even thoguh im a TJ fan i will give him his props off the court when he is at the ACC (if i can )

To every other raptors fan, stop being pansies and start to intimidate teams when they come to the ACC. i know there is many of you 300 levelers out there already and continue the good work. I bring this up because we have many new faces this year, and many Ex Raptors who will be returning to the ACC.

we need to BOO AP, Moon, Delfino, Ukic, Jawai, Humphries etc.

Dont worry you won't hurt their feelings, its just a game!
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Re: All Ex-Raptors deserve Hostile Treatment at ACC 

Post#2 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:04 pm

When AP steps onto the floor I hope he gets a standing ovation.

You only boo the players that left on bad terms, the players that didn't care. Booing a guy as nice as AP just sounds insane.
Hank_Scorpio
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6

Post#3 » by Hank_Scorpio » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:07 pm

There's no reason to boo any player at any time unless they specifically do something worthy of it during the game.

Anthony Parker deserves a standing ovation before the game. But if he elbows Hedo in the face, then you boo the crap out of him.

IMHO only one ex-Raptor truly deserves to be booed and that is Vince Carter - and even that should probably be let go by now.
Postbro1 wrote:Obama is right on this.
Robert Babcock
Banned User

Post#4 » by Robert Babcock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:08 pm

standing ovation when his name gets announced is perfectly fine like i wrote above.
Why would you cheer for him when the game starts? are you supporting AP instead of the raptors?

and i disagree with you, you should boo all players that play against the raptors at the ACC....why? because they are the enemy, why wouldn't you boo?
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#5 » by EZ » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:09 pm

hmmm...looks like i'm a pansey then.

And when VC hits the floor, i'll be cheering like mad for him! Cause we all know, he relishes the negative crowd reaction he gets, every time he plays here. It's like he dominates the game when the ACC goes into "Lets go Raptors...VC sucks!" mode.
Walid
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,611

Post#6 » by Walid » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm

I will never boo Anthony Parker or Roko Ukic.
jairtime
Junior

Post#7 » by jairtime » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:10 pm

Hank_Scorpio wrote:There's no reason to boo any player at any time unless they specifically do something worthy of it during the game.

Anthony Parker deserves a standing ovation before the game. But if he elbows Hedo in the face, then you boo the crap out of him.

IMHO only one ex-Raptor truly deserves to be booed and that is Vince Carter - and even that should probably be let go by now.

And Mourning. And Smitch. And Chris Childs.
knadianthug
Ballboy

Post#8 » by knadianthug » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

VC for 2010! LMAO
Robert Babcock
Banned User

Post#9 » by Robert Babcock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:12 pm

Walid wrote:I will never boo Anthony Parker or Roko Ukic.

why?

if AP starts to shoot 3's at us during playoff time, your not going to boo him?

so your basically not a real raptors fan, if your loyalty is more towards AP than the team itself.
TorontoBaller
Analyst
And1: 1,390

Post#10 » by TorontoBaller » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:25 pm

I'll boo anyone.
I'm even going to boo current raptors.
I'll boo the mascot.
I'm gonna rent jurassic park and just utter a low "boooooooo" the whole movie.

Watchout. I'm a boo'er.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#11 » by DG88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:27 pm

There are only two former Raptors that deserved to be booed
1) Wince Carter
2) Tracy "First Round Virgin" McGrady
PylonNZ
Sophomore

Post#12 » by PylonNZ » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:33 pm

Says the guy who's name is Robert Babcock... I'll make you a deal, next time you're at the ACC I'll boo the crap out of you...

As for players like AP and MoPete, they gave everything while they were here so I'll never boo them. I would certainly boo their team, but never them.
Props to Alfred for the sig
King Raptor
Banned User

Post#13 » by King Raptor » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:35 pm

gtfo. Theres no way in hell im booing AP, moon, ukic, delfino, or jawai. They have done nothing bad to this franchise, we were the ones who let them go. In fact Im going to cheer my lungs out when they get the ball just to piss you off.
blizzah
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#14 » by blizzah » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:37 pm

Robert Babcock wrote:

why?

so your basically not a real raptors fan, if your loyalty is more towards AP than the team itself.

You are (Please Use More Appropriate Word) sir
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#15 » by Rhettmatic » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Robert Babcock wrote:

why?

I'm booing you right now.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#16 » by LittleOzzy » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:38 pm

Robert Babcock wrote:

why?

:roll: :roll:

You got me, I'm totally not a real Raptor fan because I like AP...
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#17 » by DG88 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:40 pm

Robert Babcock wrote:This is to all raptor fans who attend ACC game. Now before you start complaining about the thread title and subject, please read the thread.

Toronto is known to be a nice city and Canadians are celebrated as being good natured people. Raptor fans have a tendency to be loyal to former players (regardless of the amount of success or time spent), nice and accommodating to other teams when they play against us in the ACC. the only time this doesnt apply is in the playoffs and against NJ. This has to stop raptor fans, it is unacceptable to be Nice to your enemy #1 (the opposing team) when the game starts. Before and after the game you can be as nice as you want to any opposing player because its just a game at the end of the day... but once the ball is in the air, throw it all out the window and create a hostile environment at the ACC, Not a homecoming for ex players.

you should be booing every opposing player when the game starts including ex raptors as much as we can. This will intimidate 'some' players and it will fire up our own players. As a raptor fan, you are committing a sin when you cheer for an ex-raptor at the free throw line or for hitting a jumpshot against us!

If you are a supporter of these ex raptors and you so happen to attend a raptor game, don't cheer for them but quietly appreciate them. why? Because you are at the ACC supporting the raptors! if your loyalty towards a player is >>>> loyalty towards the raptors, than you aren't a real raptors fan to begin with. I am a huge TJ fan and I was at the first game when he returned to Toronto....i didnt cheer for him during the game, I booed his A$$ because i wanted the raptors to win, but i still respect and like TJ. It has nothing to do with feelings or giving appreciation to a ex player, its about the raptors winning and even thoguh im a TJ fan i will give him his props off the court when he is at the ACC (if i can )

To every other raptors fan, stop being pansies and start to intimidate teams when they come to the ACC. i know there is many of you 300 levelers out there already and continue the good work. I bring this up because we have many new faces this year, and many Ex Raptors who will be returning to the ACC.

we need to BOO AP, Moon, Delfino, Ukic, Jawai, Humphries etc.

Dont worry you won't hurt their feelings, its just a game!

RaptorZz101
Senior
And1: 14

Post#18 » by RaptorZz101 » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:41 pm

I would never boo for moon, never for AP and all the other raptors that left this year because its not like they left on bad terms.. But Morris Peterson is the number one person i would never boo.. He was a true raptor... :(
AJ Valliant
Rookie
And1: 629

Post#19 » by AJ Valliant » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:42 pm

LittleOzzy wrote:When AP steps onto the floor I hope he gets a standing ovation.

You only boo the players that left on bad terms, the players that didn't care. Booing a guy as nice as AP just sounds insane.

AP deserves thanks for how he played for us. When Mo Pete came back to a standing ovation and kissed the ACC floor out of respect I got a little choked up. There are times be ruthless Philly style fans, and there are times to show respect for those that showed respect to us.
Robert Babcock
Banned User

Post#20 » by Robert Babcock » Tue Aug 25, 2009 6:43 pm

wow.

you guys are waay too nice...its actually pathetic. You guys are the reason why bosh was forced to make a youtube video asking you guys to step your game up. SOFT!!!

Your suppose to boo the opposing players as a FAN. its a part of the game. the players know it too and its all in good fun. as long as before the game you give them their cheers during the intros. then you switch gears and support your raptors! that's how its done.

Yes AP and mopete did good things for us, so celebrate them before and after the game....not during the game.

Return to Toronto Raptors