ImageImageImageImageImage

BOSH: "I feel closer to Toronto"

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

positivetension
Veteran
And1: 1,133

Re: BOSH: "I feel closer to Toronto" 

Post#101 » by positivetension » Tue Sep 1, 2009 9:52 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:
LemonHash wrote:
balkan_beats32 wrote:I don't really get this Messiah/Contender crap. Especially since as far as I know the former has never made an attempt to rejoin. Every time someone would post "where's Messiah", or "Bleacher Report Article, ooo it's by Messiah", and 30 posters would tell the poor ballboy he was a banned poster... :S

I don't get you guys. Its fine though, I could care less. Here's a wonderful hint though, I'm Serbian, I'm not a prep, I'm not a kid pretending a scout prospects. I know Roko Ukic and Rasho Nestervic because the former is a family friend from back home, and the latter came to my church a few times and was quite the draw. You can keep your theories up.

Before I didnt think you were messiah or contender, but now I am pretty sure you are :lol:

Listen Lemonade, you joined in 2009. Need I say more about how much of a **** I give about what yo think.

balkan_beats32 Joined: Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:53 pm

What am I missing?
Maximillion
Analyst
And1: 3,895

Post#102 » by Maximillion » Tue Sep 1, 2009 9:54 pm

lol @ ESPN's 2010 "predictions" article posted yesterday

EPIC FAIL
carlosey
General Manager
And1: 2,054

Post#103 » by carlosey » Tue Sep 1, 2009 10:05 pm

Messiah trying to pretend he isn't messiah. LMAO
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#104 » by Kevin Willis » Tue Sep 1, 2009 10:14 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:I don't really get this Messiah/Contender crap. Especially since as far as I know the former has never made an attempt to rejoin. Every time someone would post "where's Messiah", or "Bleacher Report Article, ooo it's by Messiah", and 30 posters would tell the poor ballboy he was a banned poster... :S

I don't get you guys. Its fine though, I could care less. Here's a wonderful hint though, I'm Serbian, I'm not a prep, I'm not a kid pretending a scout prospects. I know Roko Ukic and Rasho Nestervic because the former is a family friend from back home, and the latter came to my church a few times and was quite the draw. You can keep your theories up.

Tell Roko that the Raptor's board wishes him the best of luck in Milwaukee and we hope he does well. Tell him we would love to have him back when he fixes his jumper and takes off the blinders. The kid has some game.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
satyr9
Assistant Coach
And1: 563

Post#105 » by satyr9 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 10:24 pm

power works wrote:“We haven’t read the book yet, but when he has it ready, I’ll gladly sit down and talk about it, discuss pros and cons, and come to a decision,” Bosh said. “But I like that we’re not sitting around, waiting around, putting all our eggs in the basket and saying we’re going to wait for 2010 because we want to have [salary] cap space to get players you might not be able to sign. The do-it-now approach is very motivating, for everyone.

“We’re a lot deeper and I think we have a fantastic team. If we work on the small things, we can make some noise.”

Avoiding the last 5-6 pages of nonsense, I wonder whether the bolded part will have an effect on other teams. Doesn't it seem likely that a team like Miami might have a hard time getting motivated when they know the entire plan was to delay any moves for a year. Does anyone think the holding pattern approach that a few teams have taken on this year will cause their players to struggle with motivation? I don't know, but I'm guessing at least one team this year is going to suffer from this.

And because I can't totally leave it alone, find me any metric with relevant comparisons (not using rookie scale contracts) that proves Bosh at 13 and 14 million the last two years wasn't worth it. Not all max deals are created equal and I can't see how you find legitimate back-up data that states what Bosh has done the last two years hasn't been worth his contract in comparison to every single player in the NBA. Yes, there are a few better bargains out there (obviously with a maximum level set, guys like LBJ and Wade come out as fantastic bargains) and you can debate whether Bosh should be worth 20 million going forward (on that front I might actually agree with you), which is what another max deal will earn him, but if you state he didn't earn his last two years of paycheques, you're just delusional and full of hate for the guy. You wouldn't find a GM who ever worked in the association that wouldn't, with the ability of hindsight that shows what he would produce on the court for the duration, ink that deal in a heartbeat.
CreaM
Banned User
And1: 1,163

Post#106 » by CreaM » Tue Sep 1, 2009 10:36 pm

Guys, I dont think its Messiah...I think its contender.
CarpetMan500
Junior
And1: 55

Post#107 » by CarpetMan500 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 10:54 pm

Rhettmatic wrote:
Nially wrote:Can't believe the garbage i had to sift through to get through all 6 pages and figure out if my question was answered... Anyway:

"We haven’t read the book yet, but when he has it ready, I’ll gladly sit down and talk about it, discuss pros and cons, and come to a decision"

what is this "book" he's talking about?

Colangelo mentioned earlier in the summer that he was going to approach Bosh later in the summer with an extension. But he didn't want Bosh to judge what was going on with the organization until he had the complete picture of the team Colangelo was putting together. Colangelo used the metaphor of not wanting Bosh to read the book until it was written.

Colangelo seems to use the "book" reference a lot. He explained once that when he courts free agents he creates a book to sell the team and the city. For an UFA he would show up on the front door on July 1st and present it with an offer. For real. He did that with Steve Nash. That could be the FA book that CB is referring to as well.
CarpetMan500
Junior
And1: 55

Post#108 » by CarpetMan500 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:18 pm

Here is the Star article where the Colangelo\Nash book is explained:

"And when Colangelo puts on the full-court press, he does it in grand style. To woo Steve Nash to Phoenix from Dallas, he had a book published with Nash in various photos wearing a Suns uniform and had a group of executives and players put on a boardroom presentation that sealed the deal."

Bosh wants his book too.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/231113
balkan_beats32
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#109 » by balkan_beats32 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:27 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:
LemonHash wrote:

Before I didnt think you were messiah or contender, but now I am pretty sure you are :lol:

Warned via PM

IS THIS A JOKE?? Why was I WARNED?
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#110 » by DG88 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:30 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:IS THIS A JOKE?? Why was I WARNED?

The posters and the Mods have had enough of you and a your very rude posts. They want you to tone it down and be civil.
balkan_beats32
Banned User

Post#111 » by balkan_beats32 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:45 pm

DG88 wrote:

The posters and the Mods have had enough of you and a your very rude posts. They want you to tone it down and be civil.

You tell me at least 20 times a day that you have me on ignore. Have I pleased you to the point that you no longer do? Doesn't that...look a tad bad on your part? Wern't you leading a revolution or something?
balkan_beats32
Banned User

Post#112 » by balkan_beats32 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:49 pm

Okay honestly forget this board, I'm out. Perhaps the New York board has a less communistic approach to Moderation. Sad actually. The same group of guys have been ruining this place for 5+ years.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#113 » by ansoncarter » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:50 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:
DG88 wrote:

are you going to let these mods push you around?

stop being a pussy

if they lock your thread just make another one. They might lock it again but deep down they'll respect you for it
balkan_beats32
Banned User

Post#115 » by balkan_beats32 » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:53 pm

are you going to let these mods push you around?

stop being a pussy

if they lock your thread just make another one. They might lock it again but deep down they'll respect you for it[/quote]

I'm not a pussy. If there was a way to confront face to face.... :lol: well let's say there would be no more warnings. But because little men get to act very big and tough behind their key boards...my hand is forced. At least summer's done. Back to school.
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#116 » by sanity » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:56 pm

Think before you post, man. That's all I have to say. I sincerely doubt you would intimidate anyone in real life, even if it came to that - which is idiotic to even speak about anyway.
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#117 » by ansoncarter » Tue Sep 1, 2009 11:58 pm

balkan_beats32 wrote:
I'm not a pussy. If there was a way to confront face to face.... :lol: well let's say there would be no more warnings. But because little men get to act very big and tough behind their key boards...my hand is forced. At least summer's done. Back to school.

you remember skinnyP?
the guy who took you up on your offer that other time you wanted to fight another realgmer?

must be karma because he's a mod now

time to finally settle it
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#118 » by DG88 » Wed Sep 2, 2009 12:01 am

CarpetMan500 wrote:Here is the Star article where the Colangelo\Nash book is explained:

"And when Colangelo puts on the full-court press, he does it in grand style. To woo Steve Nash to Phoenix from Dallas, he had a book published with Nash in various photos wearing a Suns uniform and had a group of executives and players put on a boardroom presentation that sealed the deal."

Bosh wants his book too.

http://www.thestar.com/Sports/article/231113

Wow if I was a player I'd like a book like that
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#119 » by YogiStewart » Wed Sep 2, 2009 12:04 am

anyone else uncomfortable by the direction this thread is heading?
there will be no fisticuffs.
i am not a little man.
SkinnyP is taller than me.
i am not a communist but i look good in red.

and if a poster threatens to leave this board and continues to post - they look like a total idiot. so before anyone opens their mouth to make these threats, be prepared to follow through with them.

Return to Toronto Raptors