ImageImageImageImageImage

Reminicin':Chris Bosh In His Early Days

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Re: Reminicin':Chris Bosh In His Early Days 

Post#21 » by Anatomize » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Boogie! wrote:
SalamiNCheez wrote:Damn, he was so skinny back then.

i think the shaved head adds to it. also, it's clear bosh lost some athleticism. either way, i think if less of the offensive load is put on bosh's shoulders and triano tells bosh to focus more on defense i think he will be a better player.

I don't think there is any evidence that he has lost athleticism.

What do you base that on? That he dunked on Ratliff?

Do me a favor and type this in on youtube : Bosh dunk on outlaw
Bosh dunk on clippers

There is some evidence to his 'lost athleticism'.
hkr
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#22 » by hkr » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:00 pm

Habibi wrote:Chris Bosh is going to go super saiyan this year, mark my words. His power level will soon be over 9000.

Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,167

Post#23 » by Anatomize » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:03 pm

lmao. I was actually reminiscing the other day with a friend about the old DBZ days..

I remember how it took about 10 episodes to get into a fight because they would orgasm about power level..
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#24 » by Gold Chain » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:40 pm

That's the guy.

I remember him well as a young, skinny rookie but I am very ready to watch him to take the next step this upcoming season.

I love the fact we have a potential franchise guy that we drafted and has only ever played for Toronto. I love that kind of stuff.
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,500

Post#25 » by dagger » Tue Sep 15, 2009 1:45 pm

Reminicin?

Sounds like a prescription ointment.

Reminiscing.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
Ka5p3r
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#26 » by Ka5p3r » Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Yeah i miss that old bosh a bit...but i REALLY wish this bosh would start doing this at a more fast pace. Now when he gets the ball he just waits there instead of doing something. I think Leo or someone mentioned that he would be WAY more effective if he did things RIGHT after getting the ball and i agree. NOW he's strong AND he's got agility/athelticism. I miss his blocks...he should get more blocks for sure...AND i REALLY miss his spin-post moves he used to have. He stopped using them after the 2007-2008 season. I dont think he even used it in 2008-2009 ONCE...it was REALLY effective...but then again people might have gotten used to it and maybe bosh changed his skill set?? Any opinions on this?
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#27 » by SkywalkerAC » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

Jay is all about making quick, decisive moves so Bosh will be changing his game from the Sam era.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,190

Post#28 » by Tofubeque » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:05 pm

Boogie! wrote:

i think the shaved head adds to it. also, it's clear bosh lost some athleticism.

Maybe the dreads are weighing him down.
props Turbozone
dawn_wan
Veteran
And1: 612

Post#29 » by dawn_wan » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:24 pm

hkr wrote:
Habibi wrote:Chris Bosh is going to go super saiyan this year, mark my words. His power level will soon be over 9000.

and i thought i saw it all.

I've been seeing the pedo bear stickers on cars a lot more recently in Richmond Hill, what's up with that?
alpha
Starter
And1: 179

Post#30 » by alpha » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:59 pm

dagger wrote:Reminicin?

Sounds like a prescription ointment.

Reminiscing.

We should start an incredibly mispelled thread.

I'll add panace
thePaladin
Junior

Post#31 » by thePaladin » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:04 pm

Bosh looked so much better before with that bald head
MA29
Sixth Man
And1: 770

Post#32 » by MA29 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:27 pm

i think his athleticism is only looking less is because he doesnt play much inside like he used to he now plays more midrange
YG to OG
AB_21
Analyst
And1: 23

Post#33 » by AB_21 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:04 pm

He plays very simliarly IMO.
Boogie!
RealGM
And1: 52,782
Location: Ba da da da daaaaaa. If you build it, they will come!

Post#34 » by Boogie! » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:24 pm

Anatomize wrote:
Boogie! wrote:

i think the shaved head adds to it. also, it's clear bosh lost some athleticism. either way, i think if less of the offensive load is put on bosh's shoulders and triano tells bosh to focus more on defense i think he will be a better player.

I don't think there is any evidence that he has lost athleticism.

What do you base that on? That he dunked on Ratliff?

Do me a favor and type this in on youtube : Bosh dunk on outlaw
Bosh dunk on clippers

There is some evidence to his 'lost athleticism'.

i base it on watching the games. sometimes he looks like he can barely get up. check that alley-oops from the rookie vid where he's soaring through the air. he's not as bouncy anymore. no need to get upset, i'm not dissing him or anything. i'm just saying, his leaping ability seems to have decreased.
mdenny wrote:In anycase....Masai is probably gonna make Fred the first active player/head coach in franchise history now that Nurse is out of the way. That's been the plan all along.
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer

Post#35 » by Upgrayedd » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:28 pm

WHAT 9000!?!?!

How scary....
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#36 » by Lionel Messi » Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:37 pm

Ka5p3r wrote:Yeah i miss that old bosh a bit...but i REALLY wish this bosh would start doing this at a more fast pace. Now when he gets the ball he just waits there instead of doing something. I think Leo or someone mentioned that he would be WAY more effective if he did things RIGHT after getting the ball and i agree. NOW he's strong AND he's got agility/athelticism. I miss his blocks...he should get more blocks for sure...AND i REALLY miss his spin-post moves he used to have. He stopped using them after the 2007-2008 season. I dont think he even used it in 2008-2009 ONCE...it was REALLY effective...but then again people might have gotten used to it and maybe bosh changed his skill set?? Any opinions on this?

i remember seeing it, but it gets harder to do when you have two guys in front of u instead of one.

also, i became a raps fan at the end of bosh's rookie season and truly started watching religiously in his sophomore season.

Once VC left he just blossomed and you could totally see him working hard all the time, i guess that's why i appreciate him so much more than most people here. Most people write him off, say he doesn't give it his all on D, isn't good enough for this or that and almost completely ignore how much he's worked his whole career.

The fact that people are saying that he only worked hard this off-season because it's a contract year. BLASPHEMY.

As far as i remember he's worked hard and improved every off-season. Sometimes you don't notice the effect of the work he put in (body toning, stamina, strength etc) but there is always one thing on the court that stands out.
Sure he hasn't exactly been able to achieve optimal PF level weight but you could see after every off-season a little weight and lots of muscle toning. His jump-shot has improved every off-season, and you could even see it paying dividends with all the clutch jumpers he's hit over the years (don't act like he isn't clutch for a big man, only Dirk, and Tim Duncan hit more clutch buckets than the guy).

I've been saying it all off-season but i think (99.9999% sure) that Bosh is gonna go full beast mode on us and assert himself as the KG of this generation. By the way, I am including his defense.
MA29
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by MA29 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:14 am

its over 9000!
YG to OG
MA29
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by MA29 » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:32 pm

o shytt i heard bosh is gunna be at 250 this season?
YG to OG
kingkao
Rookie
And1: 77

Post#39 » by kingkao » Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:38 am

Bosh can't jump as high or can't play better D no more cause his hair is weighing him down.

Return to Toronto Raptors