ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Rondo for Harris trade floated in the summer

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Re: OT - Rondo for Harris trade floated in the summer 

Post#61 » by Ari_Emanuel » Mon Oct 5, 2009 7:45 pm

99 Problems wrote:Without Rondo the Celtics would be just another team, especially considering how old everybody else is.... I think Ainge is really underrating him..

I think they realize they have a year or two to try to win a few more titles before Garnett and Rasheed are done, Ray Ray falls off completely, and Pierce turns into Michael Finley..

Without Rondo Celts would be just a very good team instead of a great team. But replace him with Harris and they are just as good.

Remember Devin Harris already has finals pedigree. He was an important part of a Mavs team that made it to the finals when the West Conf was at its height (the Suns, younger Spurs team etc).

Plus Harris is a better scorer and may only be slightly less capable on defense.

I think the two players are a wash. With talent being equal, Harris would be better financially and you wouldn't have to deal with Rondo's ego.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Re: OT - Rondo for Harris trade floated in the summer 

Post#62 » by Ari_Emanuel » Mon Oct 5, 2009 7:49 pm

cyp316 wrote:
hkr wrote:Devin Harris is a much better scorer and more efficient
Both are considered good defenders
Rondo's historically been a better passer (similar TO, but higher assists)
Rondo's a much better rebounder (not even close, Rondo is a freak in this regard, almost as many rebounds as Bargnani)

Last season Rondo was pretty efficient from the field as well despite his limited jumpshot, shooting 50% from the field with 54% true shooting% (Harris' was 56%)

What hasn't been mentioned is that Rondo is 3 years younger than Harris. To me that's the kicker as I think Rondo's already a better overall PG. If you want your PG to score a lot you get Harris, but otherwise Rondo seems significantly better for the current Celtics team and I think Rondo is definitely a better fit unless Allen and Pierce go down.

Even when Harris was playing for the Mavs, his rebounding/turnover/steals,etc weren't that different from now so it's doubtful that Harris can match Rondo's production in non-scoring areas for the Celtics.

Agreed..Rondo is younger and thus will obviously develop more than Harris from this point forward...also, Rondo shot 51% from the field last year compared to Harris' 43%....thus, to say that Harris is a much better scorer, and way more efficient is bull ****...Harris had nobody else on his team other than Vince last year, thus he had to score the damn ball to give his team a shot at winning.... while Rondo had KG, Allen and Pierce..thus he didnt need to score the ball.....I agree that Harris currently has a more well rounded offensive game than Rondo..but Rondo made huge huge strides from his rookie year to last year...so imagine what his game will look like once he is Harris' age...to me it is a no brainer ....Rondo > Harris....

Hmmm on second thought, edge goes to Rondo. Good post.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.

Return to Toronto Raptors