ImageImageImageImageImage

To all of you with little faith... Go cry elsewhere!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Re: To all of you with little faith... Go cry elsewhere! 

Post#761 » by Joker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:32 am

Avenger wrote:
Joker wrote:
Bargnani KILLS you at the center spot defensively/rebounding wise. Gay doesn't really kill you anywhere at the wing spot. Therein lies the difference.

yeah well other than being the biggest blackhole in the NBA after Zach Randolph, sure he doesn't kill you a whole lot. I've read all the arguments regarding Bargnani but i still don't understand why he deserves this much hate because of what he can't do as a center. He himself has said he's a PF, anyone who knows anything about him as a player knows he belongs at PF but he can't play there because of Chris Bosh. The only thing he should be hated on is for not asking for a trade already, its not his fault if he can't a play position that he's not capable of playing. The blame should be placed solely on the General Manager and the two coaches who refuse to acknowledge the inherent weakness of a Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt.

I'm not hating the guy. I'm hating the role that we have him in.
The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#762 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:33 am

Avenger wrote:
Joker wrote:
Bargnani KILLS you at the center spot defensively/rebounding wise. Gay doesn't really kill you anywhere at the wing spot. Therein lies the difference.

yeah well other than being the biggest blackhole in the NBA after Zach Randolph, sure he doesn't kill you a whole lot. I've read all the arguments regarding Bargnani but i still don't understand why he deserves this much hate because of what he can't do as a center. He himself has said he's a PF, anyone who knows anything about him as a player knows he belongs at PF but he can't play there because of Chris Bosh. The only thing he should be hated on is for not asking for a trade already, its not his fault if he can't a play position that he's not capable of playing. The blame should be placed solely on the General Manager and the two coaches who refuse to acknowledge the inherent weakness of a Bosh/Bargnani frontcourt.

Now you're just arguing in hyperbole's.

But since you brought it up, for his career, Bay averages 15.1 shots and 1.8 assists for every 36 minutes on the floor. Bargs averages 14.0 shots and 1.3 assists every 36 minutes.

It sounds like both of them have a lot of shoot first and ask questions later in their game, doesn't it?
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#763 » by Avenger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:33 am

The_Hater wrote:
WTF? I say that a young player is flawed so you twist that around and say that makes him a scrub?

Almost every player in the entire league is flawed. That doesn't make them scrubs, that makes them less than perfect. Antoine Wright is a scrub.

I wasn't referring to this post alone. Its pretty obvious what you think of Bargnani from what i've read of your posts. If i could put together all the hundreds of posts you made of him, it wouldn't take a rocket scientists to figure out you flat out don't like the guy, its like you take the issue personally. I just think you're not as accepting of bargnani's faults like you are with other players and you don't apply the same standards for other players.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#764 » by Avenger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:34 am

The_Hater wrote:
Avenger wrote:
Joker wrote:

Now you're just arguing in hyperbole's.

But since you brought it up, for his career, Bay averages 15.1 shots and 1.8 assists for every 36 minutes on the floor. Bargs averages 14.0 shots and 1.3 assists every 36 minutes.

It sounds like both of them have a lot of shoot first and ask questions later in their game, doesn't it?

From our very own supersub
http://basketball-statistics.com/whosab ... henba.html
The_Hater

Post#765 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:35 am

Avenger wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
WTF? I say that a young player is flawed so you twist that around and say that makes him a scrub?

Almost every player in the entire league is flawed. That doesn't make them scrubs, that makes them less than perfect. Antoine Wright is a scrub.

I wasn't referring to this post alone.

Well, you quoted my post and my post alone didn't you?

Please don't put words in my mouth and I won't do the same.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
Joker
RealGM
And1: 7,262

Post#766 » by Joker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:36 am

Avenger wrote:
The_Hater wrote:

I wasn't referring to this post alone. Its pretty obvious what you think of Bargnani from what i've read of your posts. If i could put together all the hundreds of posts you made of him, it wouldn't take a rocket scientists to figure out you flat out don't like the guy, its like you take the issue personally. I just think you're not as accepting of bargnani's faults like you are with other players and you don't apply the same standards for other players.

ugh...just stop.
The_Hater

Post#767 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am

Avenger wrote:

Funny, you said that only Zach Randolph was worse. You proved yourself wrong! ;)
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
nikeone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#768 » by nikeone » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:37 am

I wanted Gay or Roy in that draft. I have to say though Gay has been rather disappointing. He hasn't played any defense since his days in college. He had a couple nice scoring moments but even that tailed off a bit last year. I don't know he seems to be a chucker now a days and has completely stopped playing defense.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#769 » by Avenger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:42 am

The_Hater wrote:
Avenger wrote:

Funny, you said that only Zach Randolph was worse. You proved yourself wrong! ;)

:bowdown: :bowdown: You got me
Now explain to me why a guy who was drafted to be a #1/#2 offensive option is a "very good young player" despite him being one of the biggest blackholes in the NBA
The_Hater

Post#770 » by The_Hater » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:43 am

Avenger wrote:
The_Hater wrote:
Avenger wrote:

:bowdown: :bowdown: You got me
Now explain to me why a guy who was drafted to be a #1/#2 offensive option is a "very good young player" despite him being one of the biggest blackholes in the NBA

Because... wait for it....

....he's flawed.... :D
Masai is overrated.

April 14th, 2019.
ruckus
RealGM
And1: 11,283

Post#771 » by ruckus » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:49 am

Harry, Contender & Guy, oh my! Regular season MUST be upon us.
The Chucker
Banned User
And1: 9

Post#772 » by The Chucker » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:50 am

nikeone wrote:I wanted Gay or Roy in that draft. I have to say though Gay has been rather disappointing. He hasn't played any defense since his days in college. He had a couple nice scoring moments but even that tailed off a bit last year. I don't know he seems to be a chucker now a days and has completely stopped playing defense.

Gay just needs to be motivated to play defense. Just look at all the motivation our coaching staff gives Bargs. Put Gay in there, he's easily a better rounded ball player than Bargs.
nikeone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#773 » by nikeone » Wed Oct 21, 2009 1:53 am

TORaptorsFan wrote:
nikeone wrote:I wanted Gay or Roy in that draft. I have to say though Gay has been rather disappointing. He hasn't played any defense since his days in college. He had a couple nice scoring moments but even that tailed off a bit last year. I don't know he seems to be a chucker now a days and has completely stopped playing defense.

Gay just needs to be motivated to play defense. Just look at all the motivation our coaching staff gives Bargs. Put Gay in there, he's easily a better rounded ball player than Bargs.

Wouldn't being on the worst team in the NBA every year be enough motivation to want to improve? Up until Triano I don't think Bargnani really got much of anything from our coaching staff. I used to saythe same stuff but Triano opened some doors for Bargnani and he seems to have taken off and ran with it. I want to see players improve from year to year and Bargnani appears to be doing that while guys like Gay seem to be going some what backwards.
Avenger
Banned User

Post#774 » by Avenger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:14 am

nikeone wrote:
TORaptorsFan wrote:

Wouldn't being on the worst team in the NBA every year be enough motivation to want to improve? Up until Triano I don't think Bargnani really got much of anything from our coaching staff. I used to saythe same stuff but Triano opened some doors for Bargnani and he seems to have taken off and ran with it. I want to see players improve from year to year and Bargnani appears to be doing that while guys like Gay seem to be going some what backwards.

This "Triano contributed to bargnani's growth" nonsense needs to stop, its flat out not true. Andrea had a stretch of games right after Triano was promoted where he played worse than his second year, i still remember that stretch, he was awful. Now i know don't what made him play better, maybe a light bulb just randomly went off but Triano had nothing to do with it.

see for yourself.
http://www.basketball-reference.com/pla ... elog/2009/
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#775 » by Mustard_Tiger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:17 am

TripleHHH wrote:It has been reported that in Italy 10 sick twisted Bargnani obsessed lunatics were caught in Bargnani's backyard over the summer.

Luckily the Italian secret service caught them and took pictures for evidence. Unfortunely the Canadian government asked for their release and they all returned to realgm to talk some more about their Bargnani obsesssion curiously at the exact same time!

This is Contender? This is the guy people think I am?

Wow. :(
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#776 » by Kayjay » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:18 am

Hint: it was getting starter's minutes at C that let him break out.

edit: Mustard Tiger you're not a bad poster at all. Just one that has a big ole raging hateboner for sports team mediocrity.
Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Post#777 » by Alfred » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:19 am

Yes. That is Contender.

You seem more like a comic strip character anyway ;)
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,558

Post#778 » by s e n s i » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:32 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
TripleHHH wrote:It has been reported that in Italy 10 sick twisted Bargnani obsessed lunatics were caught in Bargnani's backyard over the summer.

Luckily the Italian secret service caught them and took pictures for evidence. Unfortunely the Canadian government asked for their release and they all returned to realgm to talk some more about their Bargnani obsesssion curiously at the exact same time!

I always thought you were Dogbert.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
Ted Lasso
General Manager
And1: 1,214

Post#779 » by Ted Lasso » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:39 am

chocolateSensi wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:

I always thought you were Dogbert.

I joined two days before you. I have almost 6000 posts less than you do. Tell me where i went wrong. I deserve to know.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#780 » by Lionel Messi » Wed Oct 21, 2009 2:42 am

dagger wrote:I may be alone on the Raptors bandwagon now, just as I was almost alone on the Bargnani bandwagon in the 2007-08 season. Trust me, I'll be laughing at you bandwagon jumpers very soon. It may take a few weeks, but I'm going to relish it.

For all of you who don't want to jump off either, this is the place to express it.

I, for one, see a formidable frontcourt taking shape, and I think our 6-9 will be fine.

I see DeRozan getting better as the season goes along.

I still see a very good season, and unlike those whine about "just making it into 8th place", considering we are the fourth youngest team, if that's all we do that will be an accomplishment - but I think we'll do better.

We did something good today nobody noticed - we made up a five-point third quarter deficit with our starters against their starters. In almost all of our other games, we have either surrendered a lead, or fallen further behind in the third quarter.

If not for some dumb fouls against Bargnani, like the offensive where he was taking up post position, I think we would have won the first 9-10 minutes of the third quarter when we have our complete starting lineup in place.

I know some of you, like Mustard_Breath, are only happy when you are unhappy. But I can see how this team is going to shake out in time. I expect we can be a very dangerous team in the second half of the season, and so long as we come within a couple games of .500 in the first half, look out!

Amen brother im with you on this bandwagon, the WHOLE way baby. Especially on the DeMar front as well, i love this kid and he is on my wallpaper lol.

Anyhow i definetely still think we'll have a good season, and i actually like how are starters have played in the first half even when they are "winging" the offense.
The defensive scheme looks good, and i like seeing people get shut out of the paint when it works, but it obviously needs some more practice but i definetely believe we can be a good defensive team (emphasis on TEAM).

Anyhow, id like to post here to prove that i was on the bandwagon the whole time :)

Return to Toronto Raptors