ImageImageImageImageImage

Jack Mentoring DeRozan and Weems

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hoopsaddict
Senior
And1: 60

Jack Mentoring DeRozan and Weems 

Post#1 » by hoopsaddict » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:14 am

Hey Raptors fans! Just posted an article on Jack acting as a mentor to DeRozan and Weems:

http://www.hoopsaddict.com/jack-mentori ... and-weems/

This past weekend I was able to chat with DeMar and Sonny about how Jack is acting like a big brother and then followed up by chatting with Jack about why he's spending time mentoring two of the Raptors younger players.
Check out http://HoopsAddict.com/ for your basketball fix.
Double Helix
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 28,754

Re: Jack Mentoring DeRozan and Weems 

Post#2 » by Double Helix » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:20 am

Nice piece. I enjoyed reading it. Is this a blog of yours?
hoopsaddict
Senior

Post#3 » by hoopsaddict » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:59 am

Thanks for the props Double Helix, glad you enjoyed the article!
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#4 » by Undefeated » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:09 am

Good read. Wright should be a good mentor for DeRozan and Weems as well IMO.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Rainman66
Pro Prospect
And1: 106

Post#5 » by Rainman66 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:39 am

Awesome read, liked how was right to the point and didn't ramble on about pointless ****

There should be more writers like you :P
no homo
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#6 » by J Dilla » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:56 am

From his press conference, it looks like he got that from his parents.

Oh and btw since you have inside access, maybe you should do a Q and A with like some low profile players, taking questions from realgm and selecting the best ones to ask.

Do one with Jarrett Jack and Andrea.
hoopsaddict
Senior

Post#7 » by hoopsaddict » Thu Oct 22, 2009 2:01 am

Rainman & Rainman66- Thanks for the props!

J Dilla - Jack is a class act and I'm sure a lot of that has to do with how he was raised.

I think the idea of doing some Q&A's is a solid one and something I planned to pursue this season. A couple weeks back we did a video interview with Reggie Evans and I plan to run a feature on Amir Johnson at some point in the next few weeks.

But Jack and Andrea as low profile? C'mon now...
tontonpoulet
Senior
And1: 487

Post#8 » by tontonpoulet » Thu Oct 22, 2009 5:09 am

Something came to mind while reading this article *Great article btw*, where's Jose in all this? He's been here for a while and he's used to Triano and his schemes. I don't see the language as a big enough barrier where he wouldn't be able to take someone under his wing and help out. Same goes for Bosh. I guess I'd expect a lil more from them and I'm kinda surprised that one of the new guys is being a leader.
rise of raptors
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#9 » by rise of raptors » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:57 am

Great read, thanks hoopsaddict!

tontonpoulet wrote:Something came to mind while reading this article *Great article btw*, where's Jose in all this? He's been here for a while and he's used to Triano and his schemes. I don't see the language as a big enough barrier where he wouldn't be able to take someone under his wing and help out. Same goes for Bosh. I guess I'd expect a lil more from them and I'm kinda surprised that one of the new guys is being a leader.

Gotta agree with what you said there. Its awesome that JJack is taking DeMar and Sonny under his wings, especially since being a PG, he knows (or needs to know) how Triano's system is run. Jack is becoming that mentor that DMart was. I look forward to seeing some great chemistry develop between Jack and DD/Weems...hopefully it translate into some nasty dunks! But its somewhat suprising to see one of the new guys do this and not Bosh and Calderon.
christian72589
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#10 » by christian72589 » Thu Oct 22, 2009 9:55 am

question for you raps fans from a beloved magic fan.... how do you see derozan fitting in the roatation this year? i think he has potential to be nasty, but do you think he will have the opportunity this season so show anything? I want to pick him up for a fantasy league so i need to know if he will get PT...

thanks mates, Good luck this season
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#11 » by _venom_ » Thu Oct 22, 2009 11:22 am

christian72589 wrote:question for you raps fans from a beloved magic fan.... how do you see derozan fitting in the roatation this year? i think he has potential to be nasty, but do you think he will have the opportunity this season so show anything? I want to pick him up for a fantasy league so i need to know if he will get PT...

thanks mates, Good luck this season

He will more than likely be the opening day starter at SG but he'll be option number 5. Most Raptor fans don't expect too much out of him this year especially early on. He'll get most of his points in transition, at the line, and off of double teams onto someone else. He has competition at SG too so he may not start all year. If it's a deep draft, then maybe I'd take him but his rookie year probably won't be great.
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#12 » by The Flying Gent » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:25 pm

For a minute i forgot Jarrett Jack was on the team and i thought you meant Jack Armstrong. Now that i've clued in, i'm strangely disappointed.
dxrrazor
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#13 » by dxrrazor » Thu Oct 22, 2009 1:19 pm

Nice article man. Really enjoyed the read. Ya please do more one on one interviews when you can. Great site too, will be checking it out more often now.

Return to Toronto Raptors