ImageImageImageImageImage

Everybody Needs To Take A Step Back And Breathe

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,958

Re: Everybody Needs To Take A Step Back And Breathe 

Post#101 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:12 pm

orangutooth wrote:i am panac

can someone please name ONE positive thing that can be taken away from this preseason?

Some interesting pre-season stats.

The two best teams at guarding the 3 pointer in the pre-season are Philadelphia and Boston, and we've played them each twice. Maybe a chicken or egg kind of stat.

We were 18th in rebounding differential at -2.00. Ahead of teams like Denver, NO, Miami, and Washington (-3.75). This was going to be our achilles' heal, IMO, so it's nice to know that we weren't embarrassed.

We were 9th in blocked shots, and 3rd in blocked shot differential. I think there's a belief that our middle provides no lane intimidation. We were middle of the pack in defending the 3 point line, giving up .346. The Houston game no doubt was a large part of that. So, I think for the most part, it seems like the system was working.

We were 9th in steals, which is promising because last year I think we were last or 2nd last.

I take all these with a huge dose of salt, but I think they can be used to dispel some of the myths that we're playing the same way we always have, or that Triano isn't having an effect on the players.

I completely expect the offense to improve. It may have to simplify, and they may have to slow the pace (which is what happened in 06/07), but I think there's an abundance of offensive ability in the starting unit.
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#102 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:13 pm

steve_steamer wrote:wow...using a boxscore to base your blow-up???

I hope this wasn't directed at me. Personally my blow-up stems from a series of threads created by supersub which fuel my rage and discontentment of Bargnani the NBA centre. I might have watch a game or 200 hundred but I base everything on the topics and discussions lead by our resident stat hound. It's sad really because I have the potential to be a phenomenal Bargnnai follower but unfortunately I don't have the wherewithal to overcome the obstacles my environment has thrown my way.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#103 » by Gold Chain » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:
Look im not one of those supporters of a Bosh and Bargnani Duo. In fact if you read any of my posts, i dont like the idea of that because these guys arent good enough defensively and are a little too perimeter oriented on offense. But i have no reason think that if we put bargnani beside a greg oden or andrew bynum or any other defensive minded big who can play inside. I think he could mask his deficiencies. Look if theres one thing you need acknowledge is that Bargnani is a very rare bread of 8 footers. The guy was scoring near 20 ppg wihout any kind of post game and he wasnt getting that many possesions.

Look at orlando, they had lewis at the 4. By no means a good defensive player but a great offensive player. I see no reason why we cant do that with bargnani. We would need to find a defensive big though. Im willing to give this team 20 games to see how they workout. If it doesnt then its time to trade bosh for a defensive big

I see several reason we cannot do it with Bargnani but that could be my unbridled hatred and total resentment for the prima dona who has done nothing to garner all the pampering he has received since BC fawned over the pansy. I know my utter distain for IL MAGO is unhealthy and certainly an unfruitful venture but he represents all my resentment and disappointment in the Raptors. He is my posterchild for complete and utter failure and symbolizes all that can go wrong when you build around a loser of total incompetence.

At some point I will summon up the courage to voice my position in a forum which can and will make a difference but for now I will shout out in a rage against the establishment here. Andrea better wait until the season starts where I will rain boos of displeasure upon him as a message to him and him alone. I feel this negative reinforcement will exact the change I want to see in his game. Therefore any positive strides we may see in his game will come as a result of my hurtful cries I hurl at my TV whenever Bargnani takes to the court.

Yes, I have completely lost it and there is no hope for me. May all my fellow Raptor brethren flee before it is too late. This last box score was the straw that finally broke my back.

:lol:

Okay...I am sure Andrea is going to step up his game when a RealGm'r with over 12,000 posts starts hurling boo's. How he could not pay attention?
ATLTimekeeper
RealGM
And1: 21,958

Post#104 » by ATLTimekeeper » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:26 pm

deno07 wrote:ALT,How has Belinelli played himself out of the rotation when he has given him a chance?he played well the first 2 pre season games he started,ever since then Triano is not using him.

I wouldn't say he played well. He hasn't had an above average all-around game. I hold out hope for him, but it does seem strange that BC suggested he could be in the conversation for MIP and 6th man and they're giving him garbage time in pre-season. Maybe he's hurt? Or maybe he's not listening to the coaches.

I think everyone knows he needs to dominate the ball a little and get his shots up to be effective, maybe they're realizing they don't have the space to give him those touches and he doesn't provide enough D and rebounding to just have him sit in a corner as a potential threat.
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#105 » by Vlade Divac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:32 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:
deno07 wrote:ALT,How has Belinelli played himself out of the rotation when he has given him a chance?he played well the first 2 pre season games he started,ever since then Triano is not using him.

I wouldn't say he played well. He hasn't had an above average all-around game. I hold out hope for him, but it does seem strange that BC suggested he could be in the conversation for MIP and 6th man and they're giving him garbage time in pre-season. Maybe he's hurt? Or maybe he's not listening to the coaches.

I think everyone knows he needs to dominate the ball a little and get his shots up to be effective, maybe they're realizing they don't have the space to give him those touches and he doesn't provide enough D and rebounding to just have him sit in a corner as a potential threat.

Well said!
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#106 » by Guy Smiley » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:38 pm

double c wrote:

Okay...I am sure Andrea is going to step up his game when a RealGm'r with over 12,000 posts starts hurling boo's. How he could not pay attention?

Thanks for reminding me about his Caliper test results... AGAIN!
Vlade Divac
Head Coach
And1: 7,602

Post#107 » by Vlade Divac » Sat Oct 24, 2009 2:44 pm

Guy Smiley wrote:
double c wrote:

Thanks for reminding me about his Caliper test results... AGAIN!

LOL
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#108 » by MEDIC » Sat Oct 24, 2009 3:47 pm

This team obviously isn't THIS bad. We have waay more talent than a depleted T-Wolves team.

It is obviously a system thing. They are still practicing out there & working on the new offense/ defense, etc. Once it all gels, the team will win some games.

I've reserved all judgement of this team until after November. It is going to take that long to get their s*it together.

Originally, I had planned on buying tickets to the home opener (they were available to me over a month & a half ago). Then the more logical side of me realized that the team was probably going to suck at home opener & I didn't want to waste all that money........................so I bought tickets for later in the month.

If this team is going to be decent at all, it won't be until late December. Just accept it.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.

Return to Toronto Raptors