ImageImageImageImageImage

If Bosh asks for too much: Turkoglu @ PF

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Oops
Junior
And1: 0

Re: If Bosh asks for too much: Turkoglu @ PF 

Post#41 » by Oops » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:45 pm

Am i the only one who would prefer for ab to remain at the c position even if bosh was to leave?

I would rather replace him with an above average rebounder and defender and continue to create mismatches with ab at the 5
kwamebargnani
General Manager
And1: 2,479

Post#42 » by kwamebargnani » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:48 pm

terrible terrible idea
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#43 » by Lionel Messi » Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:50 pm

jot wrote:David Lee is a much better defender than Bosh by the way.......

Shows that you know absolutely nothing. Not only is this statement not true, but David Lee is probably one of the worst (if not THE worst) starting big men on the defensive end. He gets lost on simple pick n rolls, loses his man, cannot guard his man one on one, or rotate to block shots/take charges.

Bosh is an average defender and will prove by the end of the year he is a GOOD defender.

The fact that you think Hedo would be the same at PF then Bosh just shows your lack of basketball understanding and knowledge of the NBA, i mean i dont even think mustard_tiger would be that delusional.

you get one huge FACEPALM for a few statements you've made in this thread so far.

PS- Bargnani would go to PF and we'd look for a true C (and no not lee, he is a pf and a terrible defender as well)
plainballing
Head Coach
And1: 1,590

Post#44 » by plainballing » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:01 pm

If the opponent is going small, then this is a possibility, although unlikely. Maybe when they are playing the Warriors with a lineup Ellis-Curry-Law-Azubuike-Jackson.
http://i750.photobucket.com/albums/xx144/lillehammer/Turbo_Zone_Little_Ozzy_Davis.jpg
J08
Banned User

Post#45 » by J08 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:03 pm

why isnt thread locked. this has got to be the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) thing i have ever read.
what the hell is this guy talking about. turk cant be much worse then bosh.
you cant do worse then a 25 year old 5 time allstar.
hahahahahahahahahahaha
sump
Banned User

Post#46 » by sump » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:20 pm

If Turkoglu was inserted as the full time PF ... Chuck Swirsky somehwere in Chicago would say this

"Bring out the Salami and Cheese mama, looks like Bryan Colangelo's GM Career is over"
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#47 » by sanity » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:22 pm

The raving about David Lee's "defense" is ignorance at its finest. I seriously laughed out loud at that. He's just as pathetic as Bosh is in his own end. I'd rather swallow up Chris Kamen's filthy contract with a 2nd piece than get whatever salary is in store for Lee plus the garbage the Knicks could only chip in with.
whocares
Senior
And1: 1

Post#48 » by whocares » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:24 pm

AydinOrs wrote:Hedo is not in any way, shape or form a PF. No chance. I say this as someone who has followed him troughout his career at Efes, Sacramento, San Antonio, Orlando and the National Team.

1. judging by your nickname, your claiming that you have followed him throughout his career does not seem improbable at all.
2. and no, hedo at pf is a very bad idea.
3. they have entertained the very possibility during his sacramento tenure but it only resulted in a hedo much slower with less stamina than the current slow and stamina challenged version.
only 10 points, 10 rebounds, 10 assists shy of yet another triple double - anonymous
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer

Post#49 » by Upgrayedd » Fri Oct 30, 2009 8:25 pm

J08 wrote:why isnt thread locked. this has got to be the most (Please Use More Appropriate Word) thing i have ever read.
what the hell is this guy talking about. turk cant be much worse then bosh.
you cant do worse then a 25 year old 5 time allstar.
hahahahahahahahahahaha

I'm wondering about that myself. The OP essentially admitted this was a troll thread on the first page.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#50 » by Indeed » Fri Oct 30, 2009 9:26 pm

Oden is limited on the defensive end, so I am not sure would that help on our offensive end.
Okafor, as I said before, will help on our rebounding.
Boris Diaw will spread the floor for us as well, versatile enough
Lee, hmm, unless he can post up or shoot from 18ft, otherwise, I don't see him being very useful to the team.

Young Rasheed Wallance would be ideal, but don't think anyone is close to his skill atm.

Actually, I would rather pick up an offensive big with average defensively, rather than pick up a defensive big with no offensive ability. Due to our team are make up of shooter, so someone who can create or draw double team is necessary for our shooters.
raptor21_85
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#51 » by raptor21_85 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:06 pm

jot wrote:David Lee is a much better defender than Bosh by the way.......

David Lee is undersized at the C position. And I don't think he is a better defender.
Grizzled
Starter

Post#52 » by Grizzled » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:18 pm

jot wrote:Over the years, Bosh's worth has always been challenged. Many people, fans and front office types are quick to suggest that Bosh isn't worth maximum money. The fact that Bosh signed a nifty 3 year opt out maximum deal only bring this point into focus more so. He is eligible for $130 million over some 6 or 7 years, and Bosh is no doubt gonna expect that.
Personally I do not feel we should give him that. In the event that we as an organization balk at that figure would it be a good strategy to insert Turkoglu at the power forward position and chase a wing, assuming that there is a tier 1 small forward available. Turkoglu is as tall as Bosh, no weaker for sure!, can shoot, handle the ball better than Bosh and because of that may be able to develop better low post moves for hismelf. Turkoglu will lose a step soon, so this progression may be inevitable.
Of course this is a back-up plan that directly relates to Bosh's next contract.....

Discuss...

This is a pretty weak post, especially just after Bosh put up 21 and 16 in his first game. Bosh can't ask for more than he's worth, because he's worth the max.
timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Post#53 » by timdunkit » Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:21 pm

Hedo as full time PF? ... Lee as a defensive C? ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ...
Drakeem
Sixth Man
And1: 1,995

Post#54 » by Drakeem » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:01 pm

Turk doesn't have the physical gifts to be able to defend the 4 spot. He would be abused more then Bush by comedians.
balleramil wrote:My Summer by Jarrett Jack

The one thing you don't know about our team is...
At practice we play freeze tag
Stretch82
Veteran
And1: 5

Post#55 » by Stretch82 » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:24 pm

hedo is not able to post up with his back to the basket. in the past, when he got the ball against a smaller player close to the paint, him trying to post up and creating a shot with his back to the basket always resulted in chaos and laughter - even in a mismatch situation. even his attempts to drive to the basket often are pathetic. he isnt athletic at all and tries to use his size advantage + tries to draw fouls. playing as a pf is simply not a part of his repertoire. plus imagine him defending tim duncan :<
dTox
RealGM
And1: 15,558

Post#56 » by dTox » Fri Oct 30, 2009 11:44 pm

this thread is a joke
TBZ for the win
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#57 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

lol. the correct answer is Hedo stays at the 3 and we go look for a defender/lane clogger to help Bargs out.
cdel00
Head Coach
And1: 423

Post#58 » by cdel00 » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:00 am

Bosh is a max money player how can he ask for too much?
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Post#59 » by Sifu » Sat Oct 31, 2009 12:23 am

cdel00 wrote:Bosh is a max money player how can he ask for too much?

This times Infinity to the power of Infinity

I dunno why there's even any debating about Turk or David Lee filling in for Bosh. Everyone should be doing a :lol: and :roll: on the "If Bosh asks for too much..." point.

Bosh is a max money player. Why is there even a debate on that? If we're not going to give Bosh max money, every single other team out there would (if they had capspace).
jot
Starter

Post#60 » by jot » Sat Oct 31, 2009 5:14 am

Discuss...[/quote]
This is a pretty weak post, especially just after Bosh put up 21 and 16 in his first game. Bosh can't ask for more than he's worth, because he's worth the max.[/quote]

Really? So let's see here...You have a guy that looks like a girl with long dreads, getting shoved by a light weight named Granger, whose team has tanked the last 3 years, yet wants 130 million...Tell me a player that gets that type of money and allows his team not to make the playoffs ....
C'mon guys. Bosh is horrible on defence. Just plain shi t!! I'd much rather go with of course an experienced Centre, this has been already mentioned......I went as far as suggesting that if push came to shove, we would be no worse off in inserting a slower Turkoglu at the 4 if we can sign an impacting scoring wing...That's how bad Bosh truly is.....

I got my wish, and seen the discussion at hand.....Peeps have spoken against my opinion, I respect that. Yet, I'm not convinced...We shall see....

And yea, Bosh went for crazy numbers tonight and we still lost......

Return to Toronto Raptors