ImageImageImageImageImage

[Blog] Q&A with Raptors radio analyst, Eric Smith

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hiphoopjunkies
Ballboy
And1: 0

[Blog] Q&A with Raptors radio analyst, Eric Smith 

Post#1 » by hiphoopjunkies » Wed Nov 4, 2009 2:59 am

Here's our Q&A with Raptors radio analyst, Eric Smith:

The Raptors highlights:

HHJ: What defines "success" for the Toronto Raptors this season?

ES: At this point, it's got to be about more than just making it to the playoffs. I think they've got to at least win a round for the year to be considered a true success. Although, retaining Chris Bosh - whether they win or lose in the playoffs - could make up for any other letdowns they may encounter.

HHJ: Last season, Jay Triano walked into the head coaching position when the team was in disarray. How much of a difference do you think we will see in Jay and the team with this "fresh" start?

ES: Honestly, it's really hard to answer that question because I don't think ANYBODY - including Triano - can truly answer that question. I think Jay is a creative coach that knows how to communicate with this players. He has had the advantage of learning from so many different head coaches over the years (K.O, Wilkens, Sam Mitchell, etc) and that helps make him a better coach ... by picking and choosing the pros and cons from each guy. He is a good teacher; a guy that knows when to push and when to pull back. He judging character and talent well.

But the biggest difference may be that the coach isn't the only "new" guy in town ... More than half of the team is new! With Bosh, Bargnani, and Calderon as the only links to the Sam Mitchell era, I don't even know if a "fresh start" is needed ... 'cause most of these guys weren't here last year anyway.

Full interview here: http://www.hiphoopjunkies.com/2009/11/hip-hoop-junkies-talks-ball-with.html

Return to Toronto Raptors