ImageImageImageImageImage

Chris Bosh...Rebound leader!?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Re: Chris Bosh...Rebound leader!? 

Post#61 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:51 am

You can tell that leading the league in boards is really important to Chris by the way he tried to sabotage Barg's career high rebounding game.

[/sarcasm]
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Schad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,094

Post#62 » by Schad » Thu Nov 5, 2009 5:54 am

UssjTrunks wrote:
Reignman wrote:he's the best defender in the starting lineup

You lost me there.

Anyway, I always thought Bosh underachieved on the boards. I made a post a couple months ago saying I fully expected Bosh to grab 12+ boards with the added weight he was then putting on.

He's probably the best defender in our starting line-up by default. That doesn't make him a good defender, though.
**** your asterisk.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#63 » by Kabookalu » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:04 am

Boogie! wrote:bosh always starts off like this. expect them to drop a bit as he gets more fatigued.

At first I was like why the sarcasm? Then I realized who was posting this. I usually don't look at people's username to see who they are and instead look at the corner of my to see the person's avatar. Usually everyone here has a distinguishable avatar, didn't notice you changed yours.
dkb33
Starter
And1: 1,006

Post#64 » by dkb33 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:37 am

ShaqSlamsU wrote:He will be lucky to get 10 boards a game this year, unless he wants his payday , but that will come even with 10 boards a game.

Bosh has only adverged 10 boards a game twice in his career but this is the best Chris Bosh I have ever seen. It pains me how we even bash this guy when he is the best PF in the game 25 or younger. We may never have a player like Bosh again if he blots after this season. I have no doubts that a Bargnani/Bosh frontcourt is Gold if you have a Perkins/Blair type players as reserves. Only time will tell if the Raptors go this route but as for now Bosh should easily top 10 boards and I would not limit what he can do.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#65 » by sl64 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 11:40 am

Reignman wrote:Chris has carried our offense, our rebounding and he's the best defender in the starting lineup, unless he gets some help quickly he's going to fade.

That's really not saying very much at all... he's still a below-average defender imo.

We may never have a player like Bosh again if he blots after this season.

We might never have another player who is between the 5th and 15th best player in the league ever again? Seems unlikely.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
223red
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#66 » by 223red » Thu Nov 5, 2009 3:27 pm

Reignman wrote:Chris has carried our offense, our rebounding and he's the best defender in the starting lineup, unless he gets some help quickly he's going to fade.
Maybe, but this is what "franchise" players do. If this is the season Bosh elevates himself among the league's elite, he's the one who has to be that kind of all-around leader.

Return to Toronto Raptors