ImageImageImageImageImage

Please read this Sprite Zoner!

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hkr
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Re: Please read this Sprite Zoner! 

Post#81 » by hkr » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:27 pm

Yeah if you vouch for someone, you have to be prepared to take the fall when the person fails.

On a somewhat related note this whole thing reminds me of what happened when I was a little wee one, when I shared some of my foreign coin collection given from my dad with a "friend" who told me how he'd love to start one of his own and all that fluff. So I gave him a few, trusting we were sharing a mutual interest.

Later on I found out that his parents told my parents that the kid went to a bank and tried to exchange the coins for some snack money. Man, that stung. It's the trust&betrayal part that really pissed me off.
SciencePiggy
Analyst
And1: 1,968

Post#82 » by SciencePiggy » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:27 pm

Tomato wrote:Buy the Sprite zone tickets, b1tch slap your brother and post pics of him crying in this thread = even.

Your ideas are intriguing to me and I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.
Cheers to Turbo_Zone
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#83 » by Rhettmatic » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:28 pm

Tomato wrote:Buy the Sprite zone tickets, b1tch slap your brother and post pics of him crying in this thread = even.

Second part might involve some kind of Edward-Norton-in"Fight Club"-type ****.

Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
kleatius_01
Senior
And1: 299

Post#84 » by kleatius_01 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:30 pm

The_Bob doesn't deserve this. Oh well, even if Sprite Zoner is a douche I thought that was a great move donating tix like that. Respect!
DarkKnight
Analyst
And1: 672

Post#85 » by DarkKnight » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:34 pm

Alright, so this is getting ridiculous now. This is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. What happened is regrattable, but for everyone just posting that SZ is a liar, if that was the case why would he be back on here attempting to make amends? He could simply sign up for another account and fade away like he was never here. Instead he made an apology and offered some compensation. And, to be fair, the_bob gave the ticket away so he wasn't expecting compensation in any form. SZ's brother is a total tool, and that sort of douchery comes back to bite you in the long run. Let nature take its course and move on.
"JJ is a fineness player." - knickerbocker2k2 (meaning to say "finesse", about James Johnson)
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,402

Post#86 » by YogiStewart » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:37 pm

no more chirping in on this subject.
Mods, off to the mod cave to discuss this.
Yuri Vaultin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,276

Post#87 » by Yuri Vaultin » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:40 pm

No one here has evidence to contradict what Sprite Zoner is saying. We've all made the mistake of vouching for a friend or family member and had it bite us in the ass. In any case, kudos to SZ'er for at least offering 2 tickets back, regardless of value.

Would everyone here casting stones at him be so nice as to offer tickets back after getting burned?

Please all take a deep breath.

Sprite Zoner, you and The Bob can work out the nuances of the tickets. Please both follow-up with the mod team via our e-mail RaptorsGM@yahoo.ca to advise how this will be handled.

Yuri
Props to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Shaazzam
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 8,267

Post#88 » by Shaazzam » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:42 pm

good job mods!
Imageprops to Turbo_Zone
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#89 » by 5DOM » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:43 pm

DarkKnight wrote:Alright, so this is getting ridiculous now. This is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. What happened is regrattable, but for everyone just posting that SZ is a liar, if that was the case why would he be back on here attempting to make amends? He could simply sign up for another account and fade away like he was never here. Instead he made an apology and offered some compensation. And, to be fair, the_bob gave the ticket away so he wasn't expecting compensation in any form. SZ's brother is a total tool, and that sort of douchery comes back to bite you in the long run. Let nature take its course and move on.

You sir are thinking
Champipple
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#90 » by Champipple » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:46 pm

A lot of drama here (as usual).

My take. Once you give something away, you walk away from it. It was a great gesture to give the ticket away, but once done, whatever the person wants to do with it is their business not yours.

If you disagree with what they did, or they lied to you, don't give them anything again.

Talks of banishment, public outing, payback.... is overreaction IMO.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#91 » by mango2209 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:49 pm

this is dumb, no one knows whether he is lying or not.
If his true intentions were really to get a free ticket and sell it, why is he offering an explanation?

I dont know about you guys, but if I were him and I used the free tickets to make money, I would just stop posting for a while. There is no way in hell am I going to take money out of my pocket to buy tickets to satisfy I bunch of people on the internet that I dont even know.

lets say his story was true. Then it isn't even his fault, why does he have to lose money for trying to do a good deed for his brother?

Some of you are lame. Most of you, including myself, would not have offered the 2 tickers as compensation. Stop asking him for more.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#92 » by redeye514 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:51 pm

Yuri Vaultin wrote:

Would everyone here casting stones at him be so nice as to offer tickets back after getting burned?

Yuri

Yes. Without a doubt. If I couldn't afford a ticket for my son, and there was someone like Bob trying to do something nice for a kid and I vouched how much my son would enjoy it, and then found out he simply flipped the ticket to make a buck, then yes, I would compensate back for the ticket and punish my kid / make him pay it off in chores.

FURTHERMORE, I would NOT have fabricated / manipulated a story in order to get the ticket in the first place, especially at the cost of someone else (who is undoubetedly more deserving and would be more appreciative) getting it.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#93 » by Volcano » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:54 pm

yeah..I was gonna say, if I were guilty of something like this, I wouldn't even both replying. It's not like anyone knows who he is or can do anything about it. Unless he cares a lot about his realgm reputation.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#94 » by redeye514 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:55 pm

mango2209 wrote:this is dumb, no one knows whether he is lying or not.
If his true intentions were really to get a free ticket and sell it, why is he offering an explanation?

I dont know about you guys, but if I were him and I used the free tickets to make money, I would just stop posting for a while. There is no way in hell am I going to take money out of my pocket to buy tickets to satisfy I bunch of people on the internet that I dont even know.

lets say his story was true. Then it isn't even his fault, why does he have to lose money for trying to do a good deed for his brother?

Some of you are lame. Most of you, including myself, would not have offered the 2 tickers as compensation. Stop asking him for more.

Clearly, you care about what other people think of you much more than doing the right thing. At least you acknowledge this about yourself, kudos.
RINSE
Head Coach
And1: 1,652

Post#95 » by RINSE » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:56 pm

Volcano wrote:yeah..I was gonna say, if I were guilty of something like this, I wouldn't even both replying. It's not like anyone knows who he is or can do anything about it. Unless he cares a lot about his realgm reputation.

That's exactly what he wants you to think! A little reverse psychology at play folks

I'm kidding, by the way.
mango2209
Pro Prospect
And1: 287

Post#96 » by mango2209 » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:56 pm

You know what Sprite Zoner,
you should save the 2 spite zone tickets and drag your brother's ass down to the ACC and show him what he missed and how awesome the experience at a raptors game really is.
Raptors Realtor
Analyst
And1: 2,854

Post#97 » by Raptors Realtor » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:57 pm

DarkKnight wrote:Alright, so this is getting ridiculous now. This is an INTERNET MESSAGE BOARD. What happened is regrattable, but for everyone just posting that SZ is a liar, if that was the case why would he be back on here attempting to make amends? He could simply sign up for another account and fade away like he was never here. Instead he made an apology and offered some compensation. And, to be fair, the_bob gave the ticket away so he wasn't expecting compensation in any form. SZ's brother is a total tool, and that sort of douchery comes back to bite you in the long run. Let nature take its course and move on.

I tend to agree... Well put DeathKnight
Paperclip
Lead Assistant
And1: 0

Post#98 » by Paperclip » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:58 pm

mango2209 wrote:

I would have easily make a way to compensate the full value if I vouched for my own family member. Not some sprite zone tickets but thats just me.
djsunyc
RealGM
And1: 67,182

Post#99 » by djsunyc » Thu Nov 5, 2009 7:58 pm

i feel really bad about this. the_bob...b/c of what happened, i will stop sleeping with your wife.
xAIRNESSx
RealGM
And1: 13,146

Post#100 » by xAIRNESSx » Thu Nov 5, 2009 8:04 pm

This thread is so funny to read.

I love how people are demanding justice. Some posters seem to have some unresolved issues. It sucks, but legally nothing wrong was done and if Sprite Zoner is going to donate some Sprite Zone tickets, that seems more than fair.

Return to Toronto Raptors