ImageImageImageImageImage

Daily Papers - November 11, 2009

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Viperstrike
Analyst
And1: 1

Re: Daily Papers - November 11, 2009 

Post#21 » by Viperstrike » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:22 pm

Thanks for the papers
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,964

Post#22 » by MEDIC » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:45 pm

supersub15 wrote:
Fairview4Life wrote:
distracted wrote:I wanna see Sonny Weems starting at SG!

Why?

Atheleticism, energy, hustle, long arms (can bother shots), crowd-pleasing dunks. :D

I liked what I saw from Weems in the preseason. He was everything a SG should be:

- Athletic
- Assertive
- Constantly moving on offense
- Pretty good handles
- Decent dribble drive to the basket
- Distrupting passing lanes on defense
- Good ball tracking skills/ rebounding

The only things I wanted to see more of was court awareness (passing) & a more consistent jumper.

Honestly, out of all of the SG's I saw in pre-season, I liked what I saw from him the most. He is getting the short end of the stick because he was a no-name thrown-in in a trade & wasn't a lottery pick.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,683

Post#23 » by alevirfe » Wed Nov 11, 2009 4:54 pm

Weems can't defend and plays a lot of one-on-one on offense.

On another note, what's with the girl? Tribal tattoo? Are you kidding me? Not to mention she's not attractive at all.
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
LittleOzzy
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,197

Post#24 » by LittleOzzy » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:14 pm

Thanks for the papers.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,796

Post#25 » by vini_vidi_vici » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:16 pm

whysoserious wrote:
vini_vidi_vici wrote:I like that Triano is addressing the PnR specifically, but still my concern is Bosh is right the players have to do it, and I just dont think we have the necessary talent. I hope im wrong tho.

Thanks Sub.

KO took a team with a bunch of defensively challenged players and they played good defense. The scheme or philosophy that Triano is putting in place is sound. The players have to take more pride in guarding their man before looking for help. Help defense is part of the NBA, players are super talented on offense but it's all about effort and right now, top to bottom our players are not giving a consistent effort on defense.

Well First we had Alvin for the majority of those games, and AD/JYD. But I think more to the point, we played a slow pace, emphasized with a long methodical offense. We rarely scored in transition, nor did we push the ball. And also KO didnt make defensive stars out of Donyell/Jalen after we traded defense for offense. So in that case I hardly think its comparable.

My qualm with this notion that its effort and chemistry is that, none of our core/players getting the most PT have ever been known as defensive players, or even adequate ones. Maybe Bosh that olympic year, but to say Hedo/Bargs/Jose will suddenly become better within our philosophy is a tough one for me to swallow. Maybe Reggie turns it around for us, but I think its asking alot from the guy. But like I said, I hope im wrong.
YoungD23
Sixth Man
And1: 1,069

Post#26 » by YoungD23 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:17 pm

distracted wrote:I wanna see Sonny Weems starting at SG!

I said the samething on a different topic yesterday.

YoungD23 wrote:Since we have too many scorers on the floor, why not try replacing DeRozan with Weems at the 2 in the starting line up. I can see him fitting well, because he seems more active on the court than DeMar for some reason. To get DeMar going too, we should maybe try to bring him off the bench and see what he could do. DeMar obviously isn't getting many touches and if we put Weems in there it doesn't really matter because I think Weems will find his way to score by running out on fastbreak or just moving well without the ball. Weems seems to attack the basket more often and I can see Hedo finding him around the basket.
Nolan
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,611

Post#27 » by Nolan » Wed Nov 11, 2009 5:57 pm

Thanks for the papers SS.
@bruce_arthur "And finally, as a whore." RT @docfunk "Here is what LeBron looks like as a Knick, a Fireman, an Astronaut..."
MJ23DREAMER
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#28 » by MJ23DREAMER » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:11 pm

Thanks for the papers SS!
bloodtoavampire
Banned User

Post#29 » by bloodtoavampire » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:15 pm

is it just me or can you see some of her pubic hair coming out of the top.
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,889

Post#30 » by ItsDanger » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:35 pm

WHen Bonner can walk in uncontested, you know you have problems.
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#31 » by Ari_Emanuel » Wed Nov 11, 2009 6:42 pm

bloodtoavampire wrote:is it just me or can you see some of her pubic hair coming out of the top.

You guys like your girls "young, fresh and greeen, with no hair in between if you know what I mean :wink: " don't you? LOL

Well i do too but there's nothing wrong with a little pube on a woman. Only place besides the top of her head where I wanna see hair. She could do without the tribal tattoo though. She is obviously a little fitter (read: muscular) and that tat just accentuates it.

More on topic, I'm glad Bosh has stepped up to back up Triano and challenge the players on his team. Settles some of my concerns. Anybody who then points the finger back to Bosh is a douche... he can improve, but he is the least of our worries. Bargs will likely get destroyed on the boards tonight and if so, the bulls will be in this game no matter how poorly they shoot.
The fact that he is pinpointing his teammates as the cause is unsettling though as it pushes the Bosh to NY meter slightly to the right.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
cyp316
Sophomore

Post#32 » by cyp316 » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:02 pm

joeraptors wrote:somebody isnt waxing.....^^^^^^^^^,,lol,but still looks sweet

If you find that attractive...you got some issues my man.... :o
34_fifty
Assistant Coach
And1: 46

Post#33 » by 34_fifty » Wed Nov 11, 2009 7:48 pm

whoknows wrote:
"We're talking about trying to be a good defensive team but we're not putting in consistent effort," Bosh said after he and his teammates were abused by a San Antonio team that was without it's top two offensive performers in Tim Duncan and Tony Parker.

good to call it like it is but CB4 should also take a look in the mirror and lead by example not by words only.

Thanks for pappers!

i hope chris pulled a jamison today.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,210

Post#34 » by LLJ » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:39 pm

cyp316 wrote:
joeraptors wrote:somebody isnt waxing.....^^^^^^^^^,,lol,but still looks sweet

If you find that attractive...you got some issues my man.... :o

I hope you're just talking about the girl and not pubes in general. I like a little bit of muff.
Tom Baker
Head Coach
And1: 6

Post#35 » by Tom Baker » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:18 pm

Thanks for the papers.

Return to Toronto Raptors