ImageImageImageImageImage

Per 36 Stats for our shooting guards [Marco/De-Roz]

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Basketball_Jones
RealGM
And1: 16,752

Re: Per 36 Stats for our shooting guards [Marco/De-Roz] 

Post#21 » by Basketball_Jones » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:53 am

Jay has a thing for bald men.
2019 Eastern Conference All Stars

Derozan
Lowry
Ibaka
Valanciunas
Van Vleet
Delon Wright
Lebron
Embiid

There are only 2 teams in the league that rank in the top 6 in offensive and defensive efficiency: the Golden State Warriors and the Toronto Raptors.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#22 » by junot111 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:56 am

wow at the rebounding
kingkao
Rookie
And1: 77

Post#23 » by kingkao » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:01 am

I agree with most of the sentiments in this thread. JJ should only be getting backup minutes from Calderon. 1 in and 1 out. Leave the 2 spot alone and give it to DD and Beli.
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#24 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 13, 2009 1:04 am

Wright plays better at the 3 and Jack hasn't done well as a 2. I hope Triano gets this hint and leaves the 2 position up to DeRozan and Belinelli since they're very capable of handling the position by themselves.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#25 » by sl64 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:21 am

pspot wrote:how about Jack's

I'd rather see his SG mins to these guys

Yeah, I agree... I don't like Jack at the 2. Especially since it means we're playing the horrible Jose/Jack backcourt. The Raps would be better off, not just in the long run but in the short run too, if they let them split the PG duties, with each guy getting 20-30 mins per game, and give the young guys some more PT.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
Assassin_1
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#26 » by Assassin_1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:21 am

Choker wrote:Wright plays better at the 3 and Jack hasn't done well as a 2. I hope Triano gets this hint and leaves the 2 position up to DeRozan and Belinelli since they're very capable of handling the position by themselves.

We have a lot of depth=lots of trade chips. We have the assets to get a good shooting guard like Jackson, we got young cheap players sitting on our bench if Triano was as smart as I thought he was he be playing DeRozan, Belinelli, Bargnani, and Amir a lot more than Jack, and Calderon. When someones doing well you play them as much as you can=a boost in stats=Buzz around the league=GM interest=Selling high buying low.
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#27 » by jay632 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:31 am

minutes kinda even with jack, wright, bell, deroz, if anyone, wright needs more minutes, he shuts players down.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#28 » by Hendrix » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:40 am

jay632 wrote:minutes kinda even with jack, wright, bell, deroz, if anyone, wright needs more minutes, he shuts players down.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09TOR6.HTM#bypos
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#29 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 13, 2009 2:46 am

Hendrix wrote:
jay632 wrote:minutes kinda even with jack, wright, bell, deroz, if anyone, wright needs more minutes, he shuts players down.

http://www.82games.com/0910/09TOR6.HTM#bypos

Beat me to it. And going by stats by lineups, our worst units that receive heavy minutes have Wright playing shooting guard, while our best units have Wright playing small forward.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#30 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:20 am

^ surprise, surprise ....... didn't the Mavs stat guy say that Wright was a much better defender at the SF spot than at SG? I have no idea why this is since I'd think some of the thicker SF's in the league would ragdoll him but it looks like it's holding here too.

So why mess with it ..... give the bulk of Wright's minutes at the 3 Jay pls.
AllKnowingNBAer
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#31 » by AllKnowingNBAer » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:25 am

J-Slim wrote:DeRozan:
PPG: 10.3
RBS: 7.1
AST: 2
BLKS: 2
STLS: 1

With consistent minutes and some focus centered on him on the offensive end, DeMar will be a stastistical dream.

What's even better is he's doing the right things that aren't captured on the stat sheet as well.
imgrindin247
Rookie
And1: 0

Post#32 » by imgrindin247 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:32 am

Wright is much better guarding 3's. He seems to be the wiry strong type as he does a decent job on the bigger wings, but gets torched by the quicker ones. I just don't think he has very good lateral quickness out there and he's very foul prone. Somehow he's only 2 off the team lead in Fouls Committed to Bargnani playing less minutes and on the perimeter. As a team we're committing way too many fouls and letting other teams get into the Bonus way too early. I'd like to see Wright play the 3 exclusively.

Ideally, I would want Belinelli and Derozan to split the minutes at the 2 and only play Jack at the 2 when he's playing very well. Right now, Jack is just being handed minutes he doesn't deserve based on his reputation and contract. Even still, I don't think the minute distribution has been that terrible, I just think Belinelli has gotten the short end of the stick. He should be getting 20 plus minutes per game and you could give him that just by cutting a few of Wright and Jack's minutes.
_venom_
Assistant Coach
And1: 100

Post#33 » by _venom_ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:19 am

The minute distribution should be something like this imo:

PG Calderon (32)/Jack (16)
SG Derozan (24)/Belinelli (24)
SF Turkoglu (32)/Wright (16)
PF Bosh (36)/Johnson (10)/Bargnani (2)
C Bargnani (34)/Nesterovic (10)/Johnson (4)

Jack should not be seeing any minutes at the 2 right now until he comes out of his funk. Once he starts playing better, you can cut down Calderon's minutes a bit, and possibly retry the two PG thing against certain matchups. I put DD and Beli at 24 minutes each only because I would go with the hot hand on a game to game basis. If DD plays like he did against Chicago, I'd give him extended burn. Wright should only see backup minutes at the 3. Amir Johnson is out best big man defender inside and on the pick and roll. Our defense always seems to become more energetic when he hits the floor. Rasho should be used against certain matchups where there is a wide opposing center and you need Rasho's size.
Assassin_1
Banned User
Location: Running up in your spot faster than CJ from San Andreas

Post#34 » by Assassin_1 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 4:21 am

_venom_ wrote:The minute distribution should be something like this imo:

Jack should not be seeing any minutes at the 2 right now until he comes out of his funk. Once he starts playing better, you can cut down Calderon's minutes a bit, and possibly retry the two PG thing against certain matchups. I put DD and Beli at 24 minutes each only because I would go with the hot hand on a game to game basis. If DD plays like he did against Chicago, I'd give him extended burn. Wright should only see backup minutes at the 3. Amir Johnson is out best big man defender inside and on the pick and roll. Our defense always seems to become more energetic when he hits the floor. Rasho should be used against certain matchups where there is a wide opposing center and you need Rasho's size.

What if Jack starts to get unhappy? I think you should just give Wright 5-6 minutes a game he is a scrub and give DeMar the nightly 34 minutes a game and get him to develop to his fullest.
Kabookalu
RealGM

Post#35 » by Kabookalu » Fri Nov 13, 2009 6:05 am

_venom_ wrote:The minute distribution should be something like this imo:

I'd scale Calderon's minutes a bit back, give Jack maybe 4 more minutes. The less minutes Calderon plays, the better he plays over time.
CB4Champ
Banned User
And1: 2,445

Post#36 » by CB4Champ » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:35 am

J-Slim

What you said makes the most sense. Let D-Roz get 34 min.

There really is not a player on this team holding him back, only the coach.

If jay would see that Jack at the 2 is not working, then we can really develop Demar.

Demar has proven he can play so Jay just needs to let him play. :D

Return to Toronto Raptors