ImageImageImageImageImage

The Zan Tabak sticks it to the Leafs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Re: The Zan Tabak sticks it to the Leafs 

Post#81 » by Mustard_Tiger » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:41 pm

hsb wrote:You must have had some high expectation for the expansion years.

Taking away the Raptors' expansion years wouldn't make my point less relevant.
kassian
General Manager
And1: 1,436

Post#82 » by kassian » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:49 pm

awesome
Kaizen
Starter
And1: 22

Post#83 » by Kaizen » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:50 pm

I really hope the fans who love this also do not whine when hockey fans bash basketball.

I will never understand this hate that basketball fans have for hockey. Hockey fans may dismiss basketball but they don't have an irrational hatred for the sport or Raptors like so many of you sadly do.
hsb
RealGM
And1: 15,858

Post#84 » by hsb » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:23 pm

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
hsb wrote:You must have had some high expectation for the expansion years.

Taking away the Raptors' expansion years wouldn't make my point less relevant.

You gave a bad example. Here is the reason why your example was bad:

You compared the cumulative records of a team that started off with an expansion draft with another that was a couple of years removed from the conference finals and attained a breakout star in Sundin. Comparing two records, from leagues that have different criteria for overtime (two times with the NHL change), is dumb regardless.

Whatever your bigger picture is, I don't care. The OP's post is funny, so I laughed. The way they picked at the slogan is great. I don't consider it bashing the leafs either, or I would have been defensive, as I'm a fan and play hockey.
"I definitely knew he traveled, but I didn't know they were going to call it. That was one of them situations in which a great player made a move...and they called the call. And I was like, 'Oh, man, there is a God.'
Vorticity
Head Coach
And1: 4,917

Post#85 » by Vorticity » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:34 pm

someone posts a humorous thing and ppl start debating it? **** this board is full of boring drama queens. sad.
Zona Zoo wrote:
spudwebb wrote:OKC has one black guy in the crowd

Russell Westbrook?

sig by http://www.turbozone.ca
Jatt
Rookie
And1: 251

Post#86 » by Jatt » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:38 pm

hsb wrote:I'm a big fan of both teams, but that is one of the funniest things I've seen on here. Well done sir.
JYD
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,209

Post#87 » by JYD » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:40 pm

That is quite funny. Thank you for doing something funny. Laughter is the best medicine, they say.
i-lion
Starter
And1: 0

Post#88 » by i-lion » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:42 pm

How can you guys compare the recent success of a franchise that has been running for 90 years with a franchise that just began in 1995 ofcourse the new franchise is going to struggle in its first 10 years. I mean c'mon do you guys seriously expect the leafs to have all those playoff victories if their franchise began in 1995 too.
almatic
Veteran
And1: 1,713

Post#89 » by almatic » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:48 pm

CZAR85 wrote:I really hope the fans who love this also do not whine when hockey fans bash basketball.

I will never understand this hate that basketball fans have for hockey. Hockey fans may dismiss basketball but they don't have an irrational hatred for the sport or Raptors like so many of you sadly do.

That's where you're wrong.
Look at puckheads like Al Strachan & Steve Kouleas. And I've heard much of the same, if not worse, at bars & restaurants.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,438

Post#90 » by DG88 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:52 pm

Mustard_Tiger wrote:This would actually make some sense if the Raptors were a winning franchise.

It's a freaking joke, stop getting so bent out of shape over it. Just have a good laugh from it instead of taking it seriously and start pushing your opinions of the team on everyone. We understand that you don't like the team as constructed, you've got your point across enough times already. You push your opinions to the point were it becomes annoying. If you want to post something else other than your distaste for the franchise and the franchise player do so. If not make an official Mustard_Tiger thread where you can post all your hate for the franchise and people can comment on them there.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,438

Post#91 » by DG88 » Fri Nov 13, 2009 11:53 pm

i-lion wrote:How can you guys compare the recent success of a franchise that has been running for 90 years with a franchise that just began in 1995 ofcourse the new franchise is going to struggle in its first 10 years. I mean c'mon do you guys seriously expect the leafs to have all those playoff victories if their franchise began in 1995 too.

Of course Mustard_Tiger thinks so. He might have eaten a few too many cheese burgers.
ZKS_STAL
Rookie

Post#92 » by ZKS_STAL » Sat Nov 14, 2009 12:23 am

awesome
Huskies1947
Head Coach
And1: 1,172

Post#93 » by Huskies1947 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:18 am

CZAR85 wrote:I really hope the fans who love this also do not whine when hockey fans bash basketball.

LOL, hockey fans dismiss Basketball? If anything a lot of Hockey fans want the NBA to fold. Why? Because once they find out that the NBA is kicking the NHL's butt in the States and that's where 26 of the 30 NHL franchises are they get all defensive. Just for a kick tell a Hockey fan, that's a Canadian preferably, that the NHL is a niche sport outside of Canada with lackluster fan support. That's if you're not offended by that statement yourself.

Al Strachan and the rest of the basketball bashing media were geniunely threatened by the NBA when it expanded here, go look at the archives. They have been running with the whole Patriotic Canadian propaganda, while dismissing Basketball was invented by a Canadian.

I don't think the passionate basketball fans really like being told that their NBA team is probably going to relocate dating all the way back since its inception. Like that Steve Nash interview with Peter Mansbridge I remember Mansbridge saying "The raptors franchise depending on who you ask say might relocate" or something along those lines.

The funniest thing is how Canadians pick on American teams in the southern US, when collectively all of the US couldn't give a crap. I gotta hear it on the Fan590 everyday jim balsallie goes after a struggling team.

The Andy Griffith show beat out the NHL All star game in ratings one year. Don't believe me? Check it out link
Kaizen
Starter
And1: 22

Post#94 » by Kaizen » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:23 am

Seriously quit with the garbage. That is all you and that other guy are saying. I have never encountered anything of the sort that you whine about and visit the Leafs board on hockeyfutures and find how many threads bash basketball or the Raptors.

When you are done that try and find how many threads bash the Leafs or hockey on this board. Some of you are so obnoxious with your love of basketball that I am sure people do get tired of listening to you.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,067

Post#95 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:25 am

Huskies1947 wrote:

LOL, hockey fans dismiss Basketball? If anything a lot of Hockey fans want the NBA to fold. Why? Because once they find out that the NBA is kicking the NHL's butt in the States and that's where 26 of the 30 NHL franchises are they get all defensive. Just for a kick tell a Hockey fan, that's a Canadian preferably, that the NHL is a niche sport outside of Canada with lackluster fan support. That's if you're not offended by that statement yourself.

Al Strachan and the rest of the basketball bashing media were geniunely threatened by the NBA when it expanded here, go look at the archives. They have been running with the whole Patriotic Canadian propaganda, while dismissing Basketball was invented by a Canadian.

I don't think the passionate basketball fans really like being told that their NBA team is probably going to relocate dating all the way back since its inception. Like that Steve Nash interview with Peter Mansbridge I remember Mansbridge saying "The raptors franchise depending on who you ask say might relocate" or something along those lines.

The funniest thing is how Canadians pick on American teams in the southern US, when collectively all of the US couldn't give a crap. I gotta hear it on the Fan590 everyday jim balsallie goes after a struggling team.

The Andy Griffith show beat out the NHL All star game in ratings one year. Don't believe me? Check it out link

There should be a mass move of U.S. NHL teams into Canada. Half the cities down there don't even care about the sport, yet a hockey team in any obscure Canadian town would draw sellout crowds daily. It would be so much better for the league that way.
Huskies1947
Head Coach

Post#96 » by Huskies1947 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:26 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
Huskies1947 wrote:[
The playoffs...

#1. When?
#2. Making the playoffs isn't any kind of an accomplishment in basketball.

And it's an accomplishment in Hockey? The Leafs made the playoffs, had a few nice runs and lost to teams they should have beaten on paper. You claim that's successful..

They haven't even reached the Finals since the team expanded in 67. I actually watch the leafs, and I do want them to win, but I also don't want to be watching Highlights of the Nashville predators vs Minnesota wild before I catch a Raptors highlight.
Huskies1947
Head Coach

Post#97 » by Huskies1947 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:32 am

UssjTrunks wrote:
Huskies1947 wrote:

There should be a mass move of U.S. NHL teams into Canada. Half the cities down there don't even care about the sport, yet a hockey team in any obscure Canadian town would draw sellout crowds daily. It would be so much better for the league that way.

lol they wouldn't be able to afford NHL tickets, there are probably two more markets in Canada that can support the NHL economically. If their salaries go down to CFL-esque salaries, I see a mass exodus of younger generations thinking about playing other more prestigious sports. It is what it is.. hockey is a niche sport. You can't expect sold out crowds in the US just because Canada which for the most part only has hockey sell everything out.
Kayjay
Banned User
And1: 180

Post#98 » by Kayjay » Sat Nov 14, 2009 1:34 am

The Leafs are two and thirty five or something horrid like that right?

The Raptors are at .500.

There's no reason to look beyond the immediate situation. Tags are pretty short term and ought to be treated as such. They're not around to examine team records from the last fifteen years and award a medal to the winner there.

They're here to make you feel awesome and better than Leafs fans this season and that's about it.
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,361

Post#99 » by Fairview4Life » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:15 am

Just checking back in to say it's still awesome, and everyone I know, Leafs fans included, think it's hilarious. Well played.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
mtamasi
Pro Prospect

Post#100 » by mtamasi » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:31 am

hsb wrote:I'm a big fan of both teams, but that is one of the funniest things I've seen on here. Well done sir.

hahaha, cheers to you 'Bud', for being a good sport. i spit out my drink when i saw it. agreed, one of the funniest things i've seen on here.

Return to Toronto Raptors