ImageImageImageImageImage

Stein: Bosh loves Toronto, will most likely stay put

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

raptorsfan95
Sophomore
And1: 2

Re: Stein: Bosh loves Toronto, will most likely stay put 

Post#41 » by raptorsfan95 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:07 pm

i can't wait for bosh to resign so everyone can drop this.
Gold Chain
RealGM
And1: 161

Post#42 » by Gold Chain » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:17 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
alpha wrote:OHHHHH he loves us..he really loves us...lol
what a bunch of contrived ****.If He REALLY loved us he would sign not play this stupid ass game
This is my biggest knock against him
Don't play the I'll only stay if we win card
Play the I'm gonna take this team to the finals no matter what card.
Start by showing some LOYALTY.

ooops big money doesn't breed loyalty anymore does it?

People have odd expectations about how others should direct their professional lives.

As for me, I figure I'd pretty much decide on the best career direction for my life based on whatever rubric I happened to find valuable at the time, and anyone who didn't like it could go find a hole in the ground and **** the world. The fact that he makes a lot of money shouldn't really change that.

Thanks for sharing. Now you must know must of us could care less.

Stay on leave fatty.
NH
Veteran
And1: 1

Post#43 » by NH » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:23 pm

The only way I see Bosh leaving is either to play with Lebron and Wade for a ring OR movng back to Texas. As such, the teams Bosh could be playing for are NYK, Heat, or the Spurs (have cap space next year). I can see Bosh as a Duncan successor. That being said, I think Toronto has a good chance to keep him if we do well.

Also, Bosh has definitely handled this issue with class, but playing his heart out (contract or no contract). Bosh can slack and still get the max from teams this FA but he is working hard, for both himself and the team (nothing wrong with that). Furthermore, he is NOT making a circus out of it like Queen James down there (going to the VIew? Come on Lebron)
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,916

Re: Stein: Bosh likely to stay in Toronto 

Post#44 » by Kevin Willis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:28 pm

Lionel Messi wrote:Well he's right, most people south of our border think Bosh doesnt like Toronto and that Toronto is a sucky place to live.
Which is completely wrong, Bosh loves Toronto and Toronto is a great place to live. This is all those dumbass espn/tnt people's fault that made completely baseless claims to the national public and clearlythey ate it up.
Yes, im talking to you jalen rose and stephen a*s smith

Actually Jalen Rose loves Toronto the city. Stephen Smith is another story, but I'm sure he can't spell Tarowntoe.
Ska needs to make a comeback.
sl64
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#45 » by sl64 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:21 pm

Firstly.... the thing I wonder is "why would Bosh/Lebron/Wade want to leave now that no team will be able to afford two max guys?" They would basically be changing their scenery but not their situations... ie: exchanging one situation where they're the clear #1 guy and have to carry a team for another one, only in a different city.

Secondly, the "Toronto is unpopular" belief is totally unfounded. Let's go back and see who left because he had a problem with the city, shall we... TMac? Nope, left because there wasn't enough room for him and Vince. Vince? We all know that Vince's leaving had much more to do with his personality and character flaws than with the city. Who does that leave? Antonio Davis? Please. I don't buy that Toronto is any less popular than 2/3 of the cities in the NBA... and in fact is a top-5 city for international players, as the Turk situation showed. Yeah, it's cold and the taxes are high (although not actually much higher than many US cities with high state taxes)... that's basically the worst that can be said.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
dagger
RealGM
And1: 13,417

Post#46 » by dagger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:29 pm

Here's why the stars aren't changing teams next summer.

It is about the money.

The players lose 10% of their salary because of the escrow rule. Now, US federal taxes are going up - at least for millionaires - in part to pay for health care.

And there is a new CBA coming.

So the stars, even if they tease people with the idea of signing short-term for less money to play together, aren't going to leave unless their own situation is downright awful or if their teams lowball them. Personally, I believe the economic cost to MLSE in losing Bosh is greater than the cost of keeping him, even paying luxury tax. And with the Canadian dollar near par with the US - and some economists believe it is more likely to get to $1.10 again than it is to fall to $0.70 again - I don't expect us to lowball Bosh.
2019 will never be forgotten because FLAGS FLY FOREVER
gangstaff
Sixth Man
And1: 2

Post#47 » by gangstaff » Sat Nov 14, 2009 5:56 pm

My respect for any stars who stay with teams that have no shot at making the finals in the near future (like us) will go way down. But of course, like Dagger said, its about the money. Most of these guys manage their money so badly that they need every penny.
MJ23DREAMER
Bench Warmer

Post#48 » by MJ23DREAMER » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:29 pm

Think about CB4's options.

Wouldn't he want to be the "man" here on this team, get "max" money and as well the longest term in years on his contract?

Or, play second fiddle, maybe win a championship which is still not a given. Or, go to Knicks get big money and really be at the bottom for a long time as I still don't see how they are going to turn that team around any time soon!

More evidence that CB4 is not really hurt in any way having his base in TO is that he has been a perennial All-Star for the past 4 years. Also, he knows via his various on-line and media ventures that the world is truly global and that your audience can be reached from any location on earth!

I sense that CB4 really loves this city as it is Cosmopolitan, safe and he knows that the fans embrace him as theirs. My take is that unless we really tank and don't make the playoffs he will stay. Another big factor looming on the horizon is the upcoming CBA and it's ramifications on future "new" salaries and length of terms- that goes for all of the 2010 class!
bballsparkin
General Manager
And1: 7,413

Post#49 » by bballsparkin » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 pm

ShelB wrote:and Steve Francis (who unfairly still gets hated on for not wanting to play for a expansion Vancouver team... wasn't the city, was the TEAM).

Good post, but I disagree with this. It may have been "the TEAM". Heck looking back, SAR should have bolted the Grizz when he had a chance. Stu Jackson should have picked Odom. But the cry baby face and lame excuses Stevie came up with warrant the hate he received in my books. He kicked the Grizz fans when they were down. Now that he's out of the league I could care less though.
Chevy Chase
Sixth Man
And1: 820

Post#50 » by Chevy Chase » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:57 pm

dagger wrote:Here's why the stars aren't changing teams next summer.

It is about the money.

The players lose 10% of their salary because of the escrow rule. Now, US federal taxes are going up - at least for millionaires - in part to pay for health care.

And there is a new CBA coming.

So the stars, even if they tease people with the idea of signing short-term for less money to play together, aren't going to leave unless their own situation is downright awful or if their teams lowball them. Personally, I believe the economic cost to MLSE in losing Bosh is greater than the cost of keeping him, even paying luxury tax. And with the Canadian dollar near par with the US - and some economists believe it is more likely to get to $1.10 again than it is to fall to $0.70 again - I don't expect us to lowball Bosh.

So very true. I wonder if the next year of superstars will sign early to try and get under the current CBA
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#51 » by basketball royalty » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:04 pm

I could have written this article for him like two months ago. If he is a RealGM lurker and read this forum two months ago, then I probably did write this article and he just edited it.
props to Turbozone for the sig
power works
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#52 » by power works » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:09 am

Nice to know. :clap:

All the Raps need to do is win.
Crowley
Banned User

Post#53 » by Crowley » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:07 am

I like Toronto too, nice ppl ova there and beautiful city. Plus u got good health plan not like stupid US. You Raptors fan r one crazy mothafugderzzz though. Very contradicting of Toronto
[SJJ]
General Manager
And1: 3,222

Post#54 » by [SJJ] » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:18 am

Good!!!
jeffya2
Veteran
And1: 2,982

Post#55 » by jeffya2 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:25 am

ZERO chance Chris leaves TO

By 2010 TO will likely be the only team who's checks don't bounce :lol:
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#56 » by SDM » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:04 am

He knows that he has a situation here where he could be the John Stockton or Tony Gwynn of the Raptors. Both players, despite never winning titles, played their whole careers with one team and the city has embraced them, naming buildings, stadiums, and streets after them. How many people are synonymous with a large metropolitan city, especially one with the profile Toronto has? Bosh is sticking around to make sure this is a championship-calibre team but he will stick around past this year because he's not an idiot.

I believe he has a drive for a championship, but if he leaves to join Wade or LBJ, he knows that he's not likely to advance his career. If he stays with a competitive team for his whole career, it's rare, and can open a lot of doors for him post-playing career.
ADROCK
Banned User

Post#57 » by ADROCK » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:05 am

17 million reasons for bosh to stay.

Return to Toronto Raptors