ImageImageImageImageImage

Good Bargs, Bad Bargs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Good Bargs, Bad Bargs 

Post#1 » by neurotik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:44 am

Its funny, Bargs still has an inconsistency in his play. However this year it is limited to the first half of games. Some games he has a solid first half (good bargs) and some a mediocre one at best (bad bargs). The one constant that has developed is that Bargs has become a reliable second half scorer.

When I was watching the game tonight, at the end of the half with the Raps down by 9, I had a feeling that we would make a major run because I knew that Bargs would fill it up in the 3rd and 4th quarter.

I would love to see him contribute more in the first 2 quarters, but you can count on him to be money in the final 2.
(1 of 10)
ADROCK
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Good Bargs, Bad Bargs 

Post#2 » by ADROCK » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:48 am

jesus..u see this crap?...bargs is this sites damn whipping boy.
neurotik
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,864

Post#3 » by neurotik » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:50 am

ADROCK wrote:jesus..u see this crap?...bargs is this sites damn whipping boy.

I am not trying to Bash Bargnani at all. In fact I praise him for being clutch. I am merely pointing out a fact though.
(1 of 10)
ItsDanger
RealGM
And1: 21,698

Post#4 » by ItsDanger » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:53 am

Better the 2nd half vs the 1st half dont you think?
Organization can be defined as an organized body of people with a particular purpose. Not random.
vini_vidi_vici
RealGM
And1: 20,794

Post#5 » by vini_vidi_vici » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:58 am

I think he will always be inconsistent because hes not a post presence thus not getting OReb and easy points. Hes a great shooter from the top of the circle/extended and decent from the wing, but not a great finisher yet, and hasnt refined the stop and pop. Iworry more about his PnR D, and his ability down low more. If we play more teams who dont run the screen against Bargs we are golden.

I love what he brings to the table but, I dont know how consistent he can be, like all shooters. But if he can get DReb and play solid D, you can be sure he'll score in bunches at some point.
koolguy
Sixth Man
And1: 151

Post#6 » by koolguy » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:04 am

bad bargs take over when he's about to box out or about to help on defense
sanity
RealGM
And1: 1,812

Post#7 » by sanity » Sat Nov 14, 2009 7:07 am

not hitting a shat = bad Bargs taking over
D3158
Senior
And1: 341

Post#8 » by D3158 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:22 am

Since Good Joey and Bad Joey is out, now we must do the same for Bargs?
gp2015
RealGM
And1: 10,107

Post#9 » by gp2015 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:31 am

I say we bench Bargs for the first half and let him out there for the second.
"I'm doing what I love to do. So if I can never walk again because of what I love to do, that's a chance I'll take. I'll die on the court." - Alvin Williams
The Flying Gent
Veteran
And1: 1,275

Post#10 » by The Flying Gent » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:35 am

416hustla wrote:
ADROCK wrote:jesus..u see this crap?...bargs is this sites damn whipping boy.

I am not trying to Bash Bargnani at all. In fact I praise him for being clutch. I am merely pointing out a fact though.

It's not a fact. At all.
alevirfe
Starter
And1: 1,676

Post#11 » by alevirfe » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:37 am

It's true that he's been much better in the second half. We need to get him involved early. He had a horrible first half, I'm not sure he even got one rebound and Kaman was having a big game.
mintsa wrote: Yeah….the “new car smell” is starting to wear off with Scottie.

bongmarley wrote:I thought he was supposed to be an elite defender. He is horrible. On the perimeter he gets blown by everytime Its really bad
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#12 » by Kabookalu » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:12 am

He could have had a much better first half if our team didn't totally ignore him the first quarter. Watching Bargnani's highlights he destroyed Kaman on two consecutive plays, and then his very next highlight is in the 3rd quarter. I don't understand Triano sometimes. Kaman was getting his own against Bargnani but Bargnani was getting his own against Kaman, so why exactly did we stop doing what we were doing and the Clippers continued doing what they were doing?
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#13 » by Clutch Carter » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:13 am

It's funny, but I have to say I believe the only reason Bargs is the whipping boy is because he is white and isn't terribly athletic.

Looking at the game log, it seems he was a huge reason why we won tonight, but you'd think he was playing like Zan Tabak out there by the posts around here.

I mean the dude shot 8/13, hit clutch shots, and shut down Kaman in crunch time. His avg for the year is 19.6 ppg, 6.4rpg on .500 shooting.

We are a game over .500 with a pretty tough schedule to start off the year. WTF DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

fredericklove
Banned User
And1: 6,398

Post#14 » by fredericklove » Sat Nov 14, 2009 9:25 am

His rebounding will forever annoy the crap out of you, at least he's helping teams in fantasy league lol !!
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#15 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:45 am

Clutch Carter wrote:It's funny, but I have to say I believe the only reason Bargs is the whipping boy is because he is white and isn't terribly athletic.

Looking at the game log, it seems he was a huge reason why we won tonight, but you'd think he was playing like Zan Tabak out there by the posts around here.

I mean the dude shot 8/13, hit clutch shots, and shut down Kaman in crunch time. His avg for the year is 19.6 ppg, 6.4rpg on .500 shooting.

We are a game over .500 with a pretty tough schedule to start off the year. WTF DO YOU PEOPLE WANT!

Actually it's now down to 5.9 rebs and a DRR of 16.2 which is around 50th for centers. His rebound rate is exactly the same as last year which is a bit disconcerting.

However his scoring efficiency has been unbelievable, he should definitely be getting more shots when he's on the floor. Especially if he's on when Bosh isn't, he should be getting the bulk of the looks. He's getting to 20 pts often with only 3-4 shots in one of the halfs.
IronFist
Sophomore
And1: 7

Post#16 » by IronFist » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:35 pm

Clutch Carter wrote:It's funny, but I have to say I believe the only reason Bargs is the whipping boy is because he is white and isn't terribly athletic.

I hate it when people play the race card when there is absolutely no valid reason!!!
Nothingface
Assistant Coach
And1: 8

Post#17 » by Nothingface » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:44 pm

I think Chris takes much of the focus on offense in the 1st half and Bargnani doesn't get the touches to get into the flow. As Chris tires, Bargnani get's more shots.

Or something like that.

We need to get Bargs more involved early.
I do what I feel, not because people ask me to do this,” Bargnani says, holding his hands over his head and doing a strange chicken dance.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#18 » by Undefeated » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:48 pm

The thing is, Bargnani plays well when his teammate’s gives him touches which is Good Bargnani and last night his teammates didn't even bother giving him the ball in the first half which was Bad Bargnani. His shots weren't falling last night in the first half for sure, though he was scoring in the paint with a running hook and a drive on Kaman IIRC. It's true that you don't feed cold players until they get hot, but last night wasn't an example of Bargnani being cold. He was solid, but his teammates completely ignored him.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
C Court
RealGM
And1: 25,005

Post#19 » by C Court » Sat Nov 14, 2009 2:52 pm

At the end of the game in particular, Bargnani was extremely clutch and likely more instrumental in closing out the game than was Bosh. Bargnani had 6 huge points and shut down Chris Kaman with smothering defence.
NBA Champion Toronto Raptors
JD225
Analyst
And1: 341

Post#20 » by JD225 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:35 pm

The "Andrea needs more touches" movement needs a rest. Do you people know that Andrea hasn't had fewer than 12 FG attempts this season in ANY game?

Return to Toronto Raptors