ImageImageImageImageImage

Good Bargs, Bad Bargs

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

KG1585
Head Coach
And1: 248

Re: Good Bargs, Bad Bargs 

Post#61 » by KG1585 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:08 am

Indeed wrote:
KG1585 wrote:
Indeed wrote:Not sure why we have to bash someone making less than 7m, and play like a 10m guy.

- His lack of rebound is a problem, but he often went for the block shot, so he is out of position.
- Most bigs in the league rely on guards to create for them, so I don't see the problem he cannot create his own shot, but he can create or post up from time to time.
- He has been playing well on man to man D. However, he needs to understand how to rotate, and get back to his man.
- He has problem with quicker forwards, or forwards who can shoot the ball. Maybe he is a little slow, and play like Rasho's style, but I think as a C, this is decent.
- He is shooting well at clutch, nothing to complain.
- He needs to get involved, set off ball pick, more moment with the guards, and etc. He cannot do it all by himself.
- When Bosh has the ball, everyone is static, but he does go to get some rebounds.

Anyway, I don't think Bargs is the problem. He values over what he pays (7m atm).
I think Jose and Jack need to improve on their game, as of right now, they are over paid.

And wait until Reggie comes back, he might do some picks for Bargs, and have more scoring opportunity. And we will see if Reggie can get more rebounds than Bosh in less minutes.

Really?

Yes, Jose plays better the last 2 games, where he attacks the basket.
But
- He has yet to dribble to the basket, and create any 3s for the others.
- He has yet to throw an alley hoop to DD, while Hedo did.
- He has yet to get back his shooting form.

Jose is averaging 16ppg and 8apg the last 5 games. He is shooting 60% from the field and 33% from three. He needs to start hitting threes again, but he is playing at a really high level right now. He is also playing average defence. I also seen him drive and kick many times for 3 in these games.

If you are judging his play on the fact that he has not thrown an alley hoop to DD, then I am not sure how to respond to that.
Rebel INS
Sixth Man
And1: 736

Post#62 » by Rebel INS » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:39 am

ItsDanger wrote:I think Bargs rebounds would be higher if he got more of those cheap ones. Watch how many of these guys jump in front of teammates to get a cheap rebound. Bargs never does it.

LOL is this the theory you're going with now? Bargnani doesn't get rebounds because his teammates steal them? Really?
Kabookalu
RealGM
And1: 70,114

Post#63 » by Kabookalu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:44 am

ItsDanger wrote:I think Bargs rebounds would be higher if he got more of those cheap ones. Watch how many of these guys jump in front of teammates to get a cheap rebound. Bargs never does it.

Cheap and real rebounds, they're all the same. If you can grab the cheap rebounds, you can grab the "real" rebounds too. It's all about instincts. Bargs grabs just as much "real" rebounds as cheap ones.
Dyl-DOH
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Dyl-DOH » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:22 am

After watching Bargnani's inconsistent play for so long, I've developed this automatic reflex where I would tighten my muscles and roll on the floor while holding on to my sack of nuts.
Headshot.

Return to Toronto Raptors