ImageImageImageImageImage

the evolution of chris bosh

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

timdunkit
RealGM
And1: 585

Re: the evolution of chris bosh 

Post#21 » by timdunkit » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:07 pm

The Evolution of Chris Bosh ...
hkr
Bench Warmer
And1: 28

Post#22 » by hkr » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:11 pm

I'm very excited by Bosh's improvements and really amazed to see how much he improved in rebounding. It's puzzling that many here blame him when the team loses as he's been consistently good in his effort but then again it's the Raps board.

About the contract year thing. Yes, maybe a player would like to shoot more to increase his points per game in a contract year, but Bosh has really bumped up his rebounding and cut down on turnovers, which usually aren't associated with a contract year, so I think it's groundless. The more important question is whether Bosh can keep the current field goal % and rebounding rate throughout the year.
Local_NG_Idiot
RealGM
And1: 3,563

Post#23 » by Local_NG_Idiot » Sat Nov 14, 2009 3:37 pm

I was thinking about this exact same thing while drinking my coffee this morning.

I think part of his success this season is that teams were so used to defending Bosh a certain way up to this point in his career. With such a drastic change in his game compared to previous years I think teams are trying to figure out how to guard the new CB4.1

The same tactics that were used in previous seasons don't work anymore against him, and teams by the 3rd and 4th quarter are really starting to double him hard. Last night against LA, Bosh was passing out very well and his teamates were making them pay for doubling.

It's going to be interesting as the season goes on what type of adjustments teams are going to try and make to slow him down. They can't continue to employ the Howard/Shaq rule of fouling since he can punish them from the FT line. I'm thinking you will see teams get much more physical with him, meeting him earlier, bumping him and attempting to make him work harder to establish that post position.

It seems once he gets established in the low block this season, teams just don't know what to do since he can still face up, beat his man and because he's getting such great post position there isn't time for the help to meet him at the rim (compared to years past). Teams will have to start guarding him like they do more traditional big men where they double comes hard and early, forcing Bosh to take a dribble away from the bucket to gain a passing lane. This is where we will find out if Bosh can become that player where all of a sudden his teamates get all kinds of easy buckets and look like allstars.
EdMar_Davis
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#24 » by EdMar_Davis » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Bosh has been amazing, he's probably the hardest player to stop in the game right now. He can hit you from every where and now his post game is much improved. I've never seen him be so confident either, he knows he can do anything he wants and goes out there and takes care of business.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#25 » by whysoserious » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:39 pm

Boogie! wrote:chris bosh is turning into a legit superstar and it's all because he's starting to look like the best garbage man in the nba - in a good way. we always knew chris had talent. he's a very skilled big man. and this talent allowed him to make a name for himself in the league. but now he's hustling and leaving it all on the floor. he's still got his defensive flaws and as i stated before i would really like him to anchor the d and pride himself on getting stops and blocking shots. but despite his faults, he's been very impressive this year. idk how long he can keep this up and if fatigue will set in, but right now he's showing a lot of effort on the floor and has been very impressive. so instead of being negative all the time let's give it up for chris.

Wow, a positive thread about CB4, it's about time. But the haters are gonna show up and say he doesn't defend, he's a black hole, he holds the ball, turns it over and isn't clutch. To them I F*** OFF! because Bosh has been beasting this year and doing everything he can to lead this team on the floor. He still has some stuff he could be better at, but if he was good at all of it he would be the best player and perfect player. And to think this guy is only 25, he comes in to every season looking to improve on something. I love how he's playing inside, posting up more and fighting for offensive rebounding position.

If the team as a whole could play better defensively and guys find their groove and roles on offense we could be in for a very good year.
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,047

Post#26 » by Indeed » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:40 pm

sanity wrote:His passing could be a lot better, but imo the onus is on players to run screens better and set actual picks for eachother. We're probably one of the single worst teams in the league when it comes to cutters and creating off-ball screens/mismatches.

If you watch Bosh with the rock in the post being crowded, much of the time guys are standing still. He definitely has the length/wiriness about him to find cutters and fire bullets to the corner perimeter but guys just aren't getting themselves open. As it stands those plays seem rather risky and my guess is that's why we really don't see him passing -at all-. On Team USA he was actually more of a competent passer in that sense, but on this team, there are certain guys that really can't handle passes well (Bosh himself is one of them, but I'm leaning more to Bargs --- he tends to spaz out sometimes or brings the ball low making him susceptible to swipes).

Agree, they need to get everyone involved.
Off screen pick, running in and out off the ball, cutting in and out, dribble penetration, and etc.

We need another offense when Bosh is shut down (or the refs are not making the call like last night).

Defensively, the problem is more with the guards. They need to have one more guard that can hold his position other than Wright (or DeRozan), and understand the rotation.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#27 » by whysoserious » Sat Nov 14, 2009 4:41 pm

J Dilla wrote:I love Bosh and I'm not being a dick here, but there are a 130 million reasons for this evolution.

I could see him maintaining this level of play until he gets his contract, then we all know how players go to sleep after getting their deals. Not saying Bosh will do the same, but I always have that "Get Rich, stop trying" concern with athletes.

Bosh has worked on his game every summer and brings that workmans attititude to the game. Even after his first big contract he's still worked hard. I get more concerned when players that are average have big years in their contract years, not guys at the level of CB4.
whysoserious
RealGM

Post#28 » by whysoserious » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:12 pm

I love how a Bosh hate thread gets 20 something pages of responses but something positive about one of our players, particularly Bosh and the haters run and hide.
erekose200
Senior
And1: 126

Post#29 » by erekose200 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 6:18 pm

I am really looking forward to Bosh vs Garnett to see how far he has come.

Will he be able to use his new found strength and determination or will he again be intimidated and bullied by Garnett?
Abba Zabba
Rookie
And1: 100

Post#30 » by Abba Zabba » Sat Nov 14, 2009 10:37 pm

Mustard_Tiger wrote:Let me know when his evolution includes the ability to play defense. Until then...cool, I guess.

Venom wrote this in another thread about Bosh in response to the "he sucks at defense" arguments:
So far this season, our team has given up 7.6 points more per 100 possessions when Bosh is off the floor.

His opponent production is 17.3, to compare:

Howard 19.1
Duncan 19.5
Okafor 22.8
Stoudemire 19.7
Aldridge 17.4
Horford 17.7
Garnett 12.6

Other than Garnett, statistically Bosh has been just as good or better than most other big men in the NBA so far this year.

And he was by and large ignored.
Thanks TZ
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#31 » by SkywalkerAC » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:20 pm

I said it before the season and I'm going to keep saying it until proven wrong - CB4 is the best power forward in the league this season.
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,066

Post#32 » by Raps in 4 » Sat Nov 14, 2009 11:23 pm

SkywalkerAC wrote:I said it before the season and I'm going to keep saying it until proven wrong - CB4 is the best offensive power forward in the league this season.

Fixed.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,659

Post#33 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:07 am

best power forward. period.

Return to Toronto Raptors