ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Okafor to the Kings?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Re: OT - Okafor to the Kings? 

Post#61 » by Lionel Messi » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:07 am

redeye514 wrote:Get Okafor in here now, a way better compliment for Bosh then Bargs will ever be.

Flip Bargs for a stud young SG now that his value is at an all time high... Gay, Iggy, etc. Throw in whatever it takes (DeRozan / Pick) to make it work.

C - Okafor
PF - Bosh
SF - Hedo
SG - Iggy
PG - Caldy

That would be a much more balanced team.

NEVER will philly trade iggy for bargs...gay isnt on the same level as iggy at all. Iggy is one of the best perimiter defenders in the league not to mention an all around player onn the statsheet (pts, rebs, assists, stls etc). If you're glipping bargs the most you could hope for is a high calibre big or a wing of jeff green's ability/potential. And im still skeptical as to wether the thunder would trade green for bargs.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#62 » by J Dilla » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:08 am

BC should keep his eye on these young assets for improving the team:

Rudy Gay
CP3
Monta Ellis
Emeka Okafor

I agree Okafor can be a very good compliment for Bosh. He'll be that C that we've wanted for a long time. If BC can acquire CP3 and Okafor in the same package, it'll solve most of our problems. Okafor is a legit 15 and 11 C and we all know about CP3. CP3 is that dude that wants to win, and with our roster he'll make sure we get far.
redeye514
Analyst
And1: 4,791

Post#63 » by redeye514 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:12 am

andrew2good4u wrote:
redeye514 wrote:Get Okafor in here now, a way better compliment for Bosh then Bargs will ever be.

Flip Bargs for a stud young SG now that his value is at an all time high... Gay, Iggy, etc. Throw in whatever it takes (DeRozan / Pick) to make it work.

C - Okafor
PF - Bosh
SF - Hedo
SG - Iggy
PG - Caldy

That would be a much more balanced team.

Bosh walks and we're stuck with overpaid players on a mediocre team.

Okafor / Bosh / Hedo is a much more balanced front line then Bargs / Bosh. Okafor would be our defensive C who gobbles up rebounds for the next 5 years. Our two biggest problems, and the two reasons why this team will be hard fetched to make any noise in the playoffs, will be in large lart addressed.

It's like Oakley said a couple weeks ago, we dont need 5 scorers on the court... you need two guys to take a majority of the shots, and solid role players. I'm not saying Iggy would be ideal... maybe its Joe Johnson, or a young gun from GSW, but the point is Bargs can easily fetch us a solid young stud SG right now, and that stud SG, coupled with Bosh is a much better core then Bargs / Bosh.
Avenger
Banned User
And1: 624

Post#64 » by Avenger » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:13 am

I kinda like Okafor even though he's charmin soft,it also worries me that he still hasn't made the playoffs in 6 seasons. I know there are a lot of factors that go into that but his track record of playing winning ball is sketchy. I would give up all our expirings for him, we'd become a more talented team even he has to come of the bench or play limited minutes.

Rasho
Johnson
Wright
Cash

For

Okafor
redeye514
Analyst

Post#65 » by redeye514 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:18 am

Listen, I'm not hear to argue the specific player that you can get for Bargs. All I am saying is that:

1. If you ca get Okafor for dirt cheap you do it. He solves our rebounding problems in a flash, and gives us an anchor that perfectly compliments Bosh's outside-inside game for the next 5 years.

And,

2. I think you can DEFINATELY get great value for Bargnani, ESPECIALLY if he is coupled with DeRozan. Who is to say a struggling team like Philly wont deal Iggy at some point? Or GSW with their stack of SG's? Or any other team, like the Hornets, who are simply looking to retool and think Barg/Derozan would be a great way to do it?

Bottom line, young stud SG with Pkafor and Bosh will be a much better team than Bargs / Bosh core.
totallyr
Assistant Coach
And1: 111

Post#66 » by totallyr » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:20 am

Would Paul even want to be here
To all our soldiers serving overseas, be safe and come home soon
steve_steamer
Junior
And1: 3

Post#67 » by steve_steamer » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:25 am

he can rebound and block/alter some shots... his defense is still better than bosh's...

hornets are now turrrrrible..just for this concept to be accpeted..fans will stop watching..cp3 will be out soon..
A roc 23
Rookie
And1: 92

Post#68 » by A roc 23 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:26 am

totallyr wrote:Would Paul even want to be here

That's a good question. I think in the end he would like to come here because the Raptors have Bosh and a winning situation. Toronto is certainly better then New Orleans in pretty much every way but weather in the winter.

CP3 lives and breathes to win. This is evident in his on and off the court behaviour. He was damn near a breakdown last week after facing the Celtics. I think he is definately a player that would come play in Canada if it meant a shot at a title. If he did get traded here his contract would run to 2012, and by then the Raptors would be a title contender and he would not want to leave.
"Pain is temporary, pride is forever."
Toronto Raptors: Rebuild it the right way!
...c.a.p...
Starter
And1: 503

Post#69 » by ...c.a.p... » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:26 am

World class city...Bosh...Competent management...Respected General Manager...why not?

By the way, if Parker and Duncan can win a championship, how far off would Bosh and CP3 be from a ring if given time to play together?
DerrickRose16 wrote:
Wade is basically Ben Gordon without the 3-point shooting. Sure, he's been a pretty good defender this year, so that would upgrade, but I'd rather have Gordon because he's cheaper and can hit those threes
KingstonRaptors
Analyst
And1: 57

Post#70 » by KingstonRaptors » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:27 am

In my dreams he does.
Credit to triplemke23 for the sig.
Red Star
Pro Prospect
And1: 264

Post#71 » by Red Star » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:31 am

Why wouldnt he, he gets to play with Bosh who is top 10 players in NBA, gets out of bad situation like Hornets and gets chance to be on one of better teams of the East and compete at championship, if Raptors trade for Paul they will be in top ranking in East and NBA for many years as long as him and Bosh are on the team
BROTHERHOOD + UNITY = TORONTO RAPTORS
redeye514
Analyst

Post#72 » by redeye514 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:31 am

Get Okafor. Make Okafor / Bosh / Hedo you front line for the 5 years, and you take Bargnani, Jose and Derozan and see what they get you in the trade market. Maybe you only trade one of them, maybe 2 or maybe all 3... but you will most definately get yourself a true scoring SG, something this team has been lacking since VC left, and whatever PG you feel best fits the team (Jose, or someone else). Trust that BC amkes the right deal, and that would be a young balanced team that you can try to grow into a championship contender.

This team doesn't lack assets. Our talent pool is as deep as it ever has been. It's just not the right combination.
redeye514
Analyst

Post#73 » by redeye514 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:34 am

All of the fans preaching for CP3 realize that the Hornets, assuming they would ever consider it, realize that they are looking to SHED SALARY. AKA, save money. None of our assets does that for them.

If CP3 gets traded, it will be for super talented young guy or two (in their rookie contract), an expiring and some picks.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#74 » by COY0607 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 12:46 am

A roc 23 wrote:

That's a good question. I think in the end he would like to come here because the Raptors have Bosh and a winning situation. Toronto is certainly better then New Orleans in pretty much every way but weather in the winter.

CP3 lives and breathes to win. This is evident in his on and off the court behaviour. He was damn near a breakdown last week after facing the Celtics. I think he is definately a player that would come play in Canada if it meant a shot at a title. If he did get traded here his contract would run to 2012, and by then the Raptors would be a title contender and he would not want to leave.

completely agree.......CP3 is one of the few superstars who could actually overlook the city, money, among other thing to be able to win
FoDrizzle
Sophomore
And1: 0

Post#75 » by FoDrizzle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:06 am

Okafor is garbage, bad call for the Kings.
03-13-2005: Donyell Marshall with 12 trays
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#76 » by Hendrix » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:08 am

redeye514 wrote:All of the fans preaching for CP3 realize that the Hornets, assuming they would ever consider it, realize that they are looking to SHED SALARY. AKA, save money. None of our assets does that for them.

If CP3 gets traded, it will be for super talented young guy or two (in their rookie contract), an expiring and some picks.

I think hoping for CP3 is dreaming a bit. Hornets arn;t just going to give up a HOF player because of a poor 10 game start to 1 season.

But we do have peices that would be appealing should it ever happen. Derozan + our expirings+ 3 million is good money wise, and a decent start. Then maybe make it a 3 way deal with Bargs going to another team, and N.O getting something from that team that they'de like more.

Also I would like Okafor on this team.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Post#77 » by Raps in 4 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:10 am

J Dilla wrote:BC should keep his eye on these young assets for improving the team:

Rudy Gay
CP3
Monta Ellis
Emeka Okafor

I agree Okafor can be a very good compliment for Bosh. He'll be that C that we've wanted for a long time. If BC can acquire CP3 and Okafor in the same package, it'll solve most of our problems. Okafor is a legit 15 and 11 C and we all know about CP3. CP3 is that dude that wants to win, and with our roster he'll make sure we get far.

I would take Okafor off the list because he sucks, Gay because we just signed Turk to a mammoth contract, and Ellis because he doesn't do anything to make us better. The only player on that list BC should target if made available is CP3, but I know he won't.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#78 » by junot111 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:19 am

Chandler trade was a mistake
Komodo
Banned User
And1: 791

Post#79 » by Komodo » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:59 am

The year Paul was drafted (he went 4th), Portland originally had the 3rd pick but traded it to Utah for the 6th and the 27th picks, plus a conditional 1st the following year. Portland liked our 7th and 16th picks better, but Babcock refused. Ohhh that sucks.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#80 » by SkywalkerAC » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:12 am

Hornets might as well. They have no choice but to tank, might as well free up cap space while they're at it, as long as they get a pick from Sactown and some other sweetener.

Sac would be solid with Okafor.

Return to Toronto Raptors