ImageImageImageImageImage

OT: Roy Hibbert

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Derekman
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: OT: Roy Hibbert 

Post#21 » by Derekman » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:06 am

^^lol, they've played every bit as good as the raps this year if not better. It's stupid to call them an awful team when they could finish with a better record than the raps.
Blazing_royale
General Manager
And1: 1,953

Post#22 » by Blazing_royale » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:11 am

he grabbed 2 rebounds in todays game. sounds like a lesser and bigger version of bargnani

Bargnani > Hib
Any Pokémon fans out there? Check out my Youtube channel jchucollection
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,648

Post#23 » by shmoosicle » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:12 am

I wanted to draft Hibbert but the Raps management said they wouldn't have picked Hibbert anyway if they had kept the pick.
J Dilla
Banned User
And1: 1,832

Post#24 » by J Dilla » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:12 am

efrivela wrote:
BD12 wrote:Lol at the Pacers bashing. An awful team? They're missing their two key players in Dunleavy and Murphy yet they're still playing some good ball. They have as good a chance as the Raps to get into one of the lower playoff seeds

The fact that their two key players are Dunleavy and Murphy says a lot IMO. Yea they aren't awful I guess, but I don't see them making the playoffs. Lottery bound.

Forgot Danny Granger? TJ Ford?
Traps92
Sophomore
And1: 1

Post#25 » by Traps92 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:33 am

wish we had kept this guy.. too bad for the damn oneal trade :cry:
daschysta
Assistant Coach
And1: 347

Post#26 » by daschysta » Sun Nov 15, 2009 9:20 am

those bashing the pacers and calling them a bad team look ignorant.

1. they were better than the raps last year.
2. they are currently ahead of the raps in the standings and just beat boston handily
3. They are missing dunleavey and murphy and are still higher in the standings currently
4. dunleavey is not bad his last full season was better statistacally than any season hedo turkoglu has ever put up.
5. murphy last year would have been the raps 2nd or at worst 3rd player
6. Indys youth is at least as good as yours
7.once again indy is doing all of this without a key component, and quite possibly thier most important offenseive player after granger.

The Raps MAY be better this year but it is not a sure thing, until your defense is at least average you wont really get anywhere, as offense is fleeting.
the pacers also look improved this year, as dantay jones is playing like a steal and hibbert is massively improved, and when dunleavey is back they will be just that much better.

Dont put down another team before yours has done anything of note.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,463

Post#27 » by Dr Positivity » Sun Nov 15, 2009 10:59 am

Its been established we liked Batum more than Hibbert. And if we went the big route it wouldve been for Ropin Lopez so he could help our rebounding and energy
nikeone
Banned User

Post#28 » by nikeone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:50 am

But he only had 2 rebounds last night and he shot a three pointer, you cant win with a center like that! Oh wait they beat the celtics!

Hibbert is alright I guess but i am not convinced at all that he is going turn into a stud, i've watched a few games now with Indy and he didn't give me any indication that he is something special. Keep in mind the Pacers are playing Granger at PF, no true rebounders on the team other than the avg Hibbert. Perhaps his 10rpg numbers are a little misleading and would be lower if he had a couple rebounders playing with him in the starting lineup.

Decent player, nothing special imo
nikeone
Banned User

Post#29 » by nikeone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 11:55 am

Dr Mufasa wrote:Its been established we liked Batum more than Hibbert. And if we went the big route it wouldve been for Ropin Lopez so he could help our rebounding and energy

If im not mistaken Maurizio stated we would of picked Jawai even if we kept that pick
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,361

Post#30 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Nov 15, 2009 1:46 pm

nikeone wrote:
Dr Mufasa wrote:Its been established we liked Batum more than Hibbert. And if we went the big route it wouldve been for Ropin Lopez so he could help our rebounding and energy

If im not mistaken Maurizio stated we would of picked Jawai even if we kept that pick

You are mistaken.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
nikeone
Banned User

Post#31 » by nikeone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:22 pm

Apperently you missed that years behind the draft
Fairview4Life
RealGM
And1: 31,361

Post#32 » by Fairview4Life » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:26 pm

nikeone wrote:Apperently you missed that years behind the draft

I didn't. I know what he said. And it's not what you wrote. He said something complimentary about Jawai a few minutes after the Raps picked him saying that he was in the mix at 17. There was no definitive statement that the Raps would have taken him at 17, just that they would have considered him at 17.
9. Similarly, IF THOU HAST SPENT the entire offseason predicting that thy team will stink, thou shalt not gloat, nor even be happy, shouldst thou turn out to be correct. Realistic analysis is fine, but be a fan first, a smug smarty-pants second.
nikeone
Banned User

Post#33 » by nikeone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:33 pm

He suggested Jawai was at the top of their board at that pick and was basically our guy, im sure some would argue he was just saying what he said to make the pick in the 2nd round round and Jawai sound better but I disagree.

If you knew what he said word for word then say it, I clearly remember his words suggesting in one shape or form us liking Jawai even at the pick we traded.

Return to Toronto Raptors