ImageImageImageImageImage

Poll: Lets hire Byron Scott and fire Triano

Moderators: 7 Footer, Duffman100, HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper

Hire Byron Scott?

Yes Hire Byron Scott and fire Triano.
19%
No, keep Triano.
68%
Fire Triano, but PLEASE not Byron Scott.
14%

Total votes: 111

Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,391

Re: Poll: Lets hire Byron Scott and fire Triano 

Post#41 » by Darkseid » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm

ban op
rdtx2005
RealGM
And1: 17

Post#42 » by rdtx2005 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:09 pm

this is an obvious troll post
Guy Smiley
RealGM
And1: 491

Post#43 » by Guy Smiley » Sun Nov 15, 2009 2:24 pm

Jay has done a fine job. Bosh is playing the best ball of his career on a winning team. Will that hold up? Who knows but the timing of this thread is silly.

The US national team thinks enough of Jay to continue to utilize his coaching skills. I think the Raps would be wise to do the same. Oh and guess what... They are.

Sam Mitchell was a tool of incompetence who showed it regularly in the media scrums. If he could have showed the same class he did in his exit press conference during his coaching tenure he might still be around now.
BigShotBob13
Starter
And1: 297

Post#44 » by BigShotBob13 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:18 pm

mrcapslock wrote:Lets fire Triano and hire Byron Scott. I've had enough with bad defense.

Honestly, enough with the ballboy bull. Im sick and tired of all these goddamn threads being started everyday by IDIOTS who don't even think before they post. God, it just takes up time, mods have more work and takes away from actual thought and conversation regarding basketball. This place is going downhill and **** like the OP are part of the problem. I wish there was a screening process for the board like there was before. Now any **** can join the board with any **** account any time they want. Go to **** hell you stupid piece of ****, welcome to my ignore list.

/rant
Formerly...Damn, I forgot who I was...
Str33t_Fight3r
Bench Warmer
And1: 0

Post#45 » by Str33t_Fight3r » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:27 pm

BigShotBob13 wrote:
mrcapslock wrote:Lets fire Triano and hire Byron Scott. I've had enough with bad defense.

Honestly, enough with the ballboy bull. Im sick and tired of all these goddamn threads being started everyday by IDIOTS who don't even think before they post. God, it just takes up time, mods have more work and takes away from actual thought and conversation regarding basketball. This place is going downhill and **** like the OP are part of the problem. I wish there was a screening process for the board like there was before. Now any **** can join the board with any **** account any time they want. Go to **** hell you stupid piece of ****, welcome to my ignore list.

/rant

:rofl2:
Raps fan till I die

"You know it's funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor" - Tupac Shakur

There's no "D" in Toronto Raptors...but there's a crap load of "O's"
nikeone
Banned User

Post#46 » by nikeone » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:41 pm

32 people voted to fire Triano hire another coach or hire Byron Scott?

All 32 should be banned
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#47 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:42 pm

lol at firing our coach now. Why?

But there sure is a lot of hate in this thread for a guy who has had success at both his coaching positions thus far, taking 1 team to the finals and the other from lottery to the 2nd round ... and apparently he's got a good shot at the LA job whenever Phil retires ..... but yeah he's awful.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#48 » by MrBojangelz71 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:46 pm

Yes because we seen how effective Scott's D was against us the other night. Sorry but posts like these are only substantiated evidence of one's below average IQ.

BTW
Did anyone acknowledge the fact that Jay's Defense held the Clippers to ZERO points for the last 7 minutes of Friday's game. Zero points, now that is shutting down an offense.
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#49 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:49 pm

MrBojangelz71 wrote:Yes because we seen how effective Scott's D was against us the other night. Sorry but posts like these are only substantiated evidence of one's below average IQ.

BTW
Did anyone acknowledge the fact that Jay's Defense held the Clippers to ZERO points for the last 7 minutes of Friday's game. Zero points, now that is shutting down an offense.

We still have the worst defense in the league so lets hold off on the Triano circle jerk for now imo. Full 1.5 pts/100 behind 29th.

But you're all about the game 1 sample size eh.
Volcano
RealGM
And1: 7,780

Post#50 » by Volcano » Sun Nov 15, 2009 3:54 pm

Raptor fans =
ADROCK
Banned User

Post#51 » by ADROCK » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:08 pm

Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Post#52 » by Sifu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:25 pm

It's no coincidence that Byron Scott's initials are B.S.

If you read the comments coming out of New Orleans now that Scott is fired there, you can see how poor the team thinks of his coaching abilities. "We had no plays" says West. That's just damning really. When you coach at the NBA level and you have no plays, then what do you really bring to the table?

And personally, if I'm paying millions to someone to coach a team, I don't want them to work 9 to 5 hours and delay planes or departure times because the coach wants to get in some golf. During the playoffs, SMitch should have been in the video room trying to devise strategy to beat the Magic, but instead he's on the golf course trying to improve his putting. Same with Scott. If my team is 3-6 and I'm getting paid $$$, I sure as heck would be working 16 hr days to figure out what to do. Hell, I'm getting paid small $, and I'm putting in 16 hour days. Scott has no work ethic. Why do I want to see him coaching the Raptors and just be frustrated everytime we can't run an inbounds play?
EViLMiKE
Sophomore

Post#53 » by EViLMiKE » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:27 pm

People, give Triano a chance. This is pathetic that this topic would be posted already. New Coach on a brand-spanking new team takes time.
TerryTate
Analyst
And1: 1,450

Post#54 » by TerryTate » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:31 pm

Read the blogs on byron scott....
He's Sam Mitchell part 2
Sifu
Veteran
And1: 1,005

Post#55 » by Sifu » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:44 pm

EViLMiKE wrote:People, give Triano a chance. This is pathetic that this topic would be posted already. New Coach on a brand-spanking new team takes time.

Totally agree.

And people tend to forget that it is Marc Iavaroni that has been brought in and is in charge of the defence. JT is actually the one managing the offense, and it is ranked #1 in the league on a pts per 100 possessions basis.
SDM
RealGM
And1: 947

Post#56 » by SDM » Sun Nov 15, 2009 4:45 pm

Avery Johnson needs to get back to coaching and I'd take him here in a heartbeat.
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#57 » by MrBojangelz71 » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:13 pm

D-Wins-RingsIMO wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:Yes because we seen how effective Scott's D was against us the other night. Sorry but posts like these are only substantiated evidence of one's below average IQ.

BTW

We still have the worst defense in the league so lets hold off on the Triano circle jerk for now imo. Full 1.5 pts/100 behind 29th.

But you're all about the game 1 sample size eh.

Nope not at all. When a team holds another to ZERO points in the last 7 minutes of a game, that should be recognized.
Factor in we held the the Bulls to 29 second half points, I can see the possibilities that we are getting better on D. What so many fail to understand is that as we gel more as a team we will get better on the defensive end. In the beginning we were having bad games, then bad halfs, now it has been bad quarters.
Anatomize
General Manager
And1: 6,165

Post#58 » by Anatomize » Sun Nov 15, 2009 5:17 pm

We're 5-4 with a new head coach and 9 new players, why would we fire him?

Return to Toronto Raptors