ImageImageImageImageImage

Is VC afraid to be "honored" tomorrow?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Re: Is VC afraid to be "honored" tomorrow? 

Post#81 » by Hilltop » Sun Nov 22, 2009 12:30 pm

KG1585 wrote:I never understood why people have a problem booing Vince. He is on the opposing team. I've been to 4 Nets-Raps game since VC got traded to the Nets. Every time the atmosphere has been amazing, especially when the Raps played the Nets in the playoffs.

It's not really the jeering itself. There are those here who would boo Vince during the game, but stand up and cheer for him when he's supposed to be honored.
LiSTWithLani
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,151

Post#82 » by LiSTWithLani » Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:41 pm

first game of the season for me, can't wait to cheer for him and yell at all of our dumb fans who boo. I was deeply upset when he ripped out our collective hearts, but honestly, the guy did for us what nobody else ever will be able to, unless we get a LBJ type prospect some day...
name_discrep
Junior
And1: 10

Post#83 » by name_discrep » Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:22 pm

He deserves to be honoured - although I agree with some other posts that it would have been better when he was retired, but still, he actually made basketball relevant in Toronto, and expanded the fan base more than every other former Raptor combined.

I think the reason the trade hurt so much is because of the absolute crap we received back in that trade; still has to be the most lopsided trade in league history.

Eric Williams - 62 games over 2 years, 250 total points
Aaaron Wiilliams - 23 games, 37 total points
Alonzo Mourning - paid $9mil to NOT play for Raps, then plays another 186 NBA games for Miami
2005 and 2006 1st round picks - 2005 16th pick (Joey Graham - 275 games, 1771 points)
2006 20th pick traded in the Jalen Rose salary dump

Total for Raptors - 360 games, 2058 points - avg 5.7pts
Carter for Nets - plays 374 games, 8834 points - avg 23.6

Things could have been different if the Raptors had drafted differently and picked up Granger, and I'm sure people would have forgiven VInce a lot sooner; although I guess it could have also been a lot worse if the Raps would have picked up a bust, at least Graham was somewhat productive in his time here.
basketball royalty
RealGM
And1: 2,963

Post#84 » by basketball royalty » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:28 pm

I think you show a wicked highlight package of all the good times and sick dunks and the crowd will give him a 2 min standing ovation. Then after VC has taken some bows the lights go out in the arena and Reggie Evans face appears on the jumbotron laughing menacingly, followed by the lowlights from sprained ankles to hangnails to giving away team plays and saying he will never dunk again.

That should put us back on track in time for tip off.
props to Turbozone for the sig
Hilltop
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 731

Post#85 » by Hilltop » Sun Nov 22, 2009 4:34 pm

Booing him during the game is just fine, but it takes class to know whenand when not to do that. If Vince is being honored, then give him the moment. You can boo him all you want after that.
sh00n
RealGM
And1: 1,969

Post#86 » by sh00n » Sun Nov 22, 2009 6:02 pm

Hilltop wrote:Booing him during the game is just fine, but it takes class to know whenand when not to do that. If Vince is being honored, then give him the moment. You can boo him all you want after that.

Yep. Habs fans are like that to, which is why I hate fans that boo anything because it's a former to the team. Alex Kovalev is arguably my favourite Habs player of all-time, when he came back with Ottawa the fans booed whenever he touched the puck, I would stand up and clap. Then he actually scored and I gave him a standing O. I'd do the exact same thing if I went to a Raptors game against Vince.
Support your local artist, kids: http://www.katsenhakeron.com
@katsenhaker0n on the bird app

Return to Toronto Raptors