ImageImageImageImageImage

OT - Magloire Considers Suiting Up For Canada

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

hoopskillz
Junior
And1: 56

Re: OT - Magloire Considers Suiting Up For Canada 

Post#21 » by hoopskillz » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:47 pm

This is someone who thought he was too good to be on Team Canada and now that he's a nobody in the NBA he wants to suit up.
Attonitus
Senior
And1: 20

Post#22 » by Attonitus » Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:56 pm

Too late buddy, he could have made an impact on those overachieving nash led teams... no place for him anyway, Anthony is younger and better and Bonner makes our front court pretty deep even without Magloire, we need to develop some better guards before we are going to be better than world championshiop fodder though.
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#23 » by Clutch Carter » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:20 pm

Mags is a joke.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

inrapscity
General Manager
And1: 62

Post#24 » by inrapscity » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:21 pm

after the many years he snubbed the program, i doubt leo lets him play.
HighOctane
Lead Assistant
And1: 363

Post#25 » by HighOctane » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:23 pm

It's too bad we don't have the talent to just say no...
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#26 » by Jose_Matador » Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:26 pm

Matt Devlin mentioned this to Leo Rautins...Leo Rautins just gave a chuckle as if to say "who cares at this point ?"
waxmonkey
Junior
And1: 0

Post#27 » by waxmonkey » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:21 am

Jose_Matador wrote:Matt Devlin mentioned this to Leo Rautins...Leo Rautins just gave a chuckle as if to say "who cares at this point ?"

Funny, because Leo had this to say in the article:

"Rautins said he'd be thrilled to have Magloire on the floor in Turkey.

"If we get him, he makes us significantly bigger, stronger and tougher," Rautins told the Sun. "I'd love to have him. But it's a no- pressure situation for him."

"I think he's at a point in his life, in his career, where he'd be a great asset maturity-wise for our team, because we're so young," added Rautins, who guided the national side to a surprising fourth-place showing at last summer's Tournament of the Americas, qualifying Canada for the worlds for the first time since 2002. "Jamaal is very eloquent and he's got a lot of experience he can offer." :roll:
Jose_Matador
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#28 » by Jose_Matador » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:24 am

waxmonkey wrote:
Jose_Matador wrote:Matt Devlin mentioned this to Leo Rautins...Leo Rautins just gave a chuckle as if to say "who cares at this point ?"

Funny, because Leo had this to say in the article:

"Rautins said he'd be thrilled to have Magloire on the floor in Turkey.

"If we get him, he makes us significantly bigger, stronger and tougher," Rautins told the Sun. "I'd love to have him. But it's a no- pressure situation for him."

"I think he's at a point in his life, in his career, where he'd be a great asset maturity-wise for our team, because we're so young," added Rautins, who guided the national side to a surprising fourth-place showing at last summer's Tournament of the Americas, qualifying Canada for the worlds for the first time since 2002. "Jamaal is very eloquent and he's got a lot of experience he can offer." :roll:
Great PnR by Leo Rautins.
jay632
Banned User
And1: 2

Post#29 » by jay632 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:36 am

oh i see, when i suggest to leave bonner out because he is going to take the place of someone who worked for it, i got flamed... double standard.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#30 » by SpaceJam » Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:29 am

Wait Jamaal Magloire?? Pass.....
_________
Leolovinliberal
Banned User
And1: 30

Post#31 » by Leolovinliberal » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:07 am

JN wrote:I would rather give the spot to sophomore Robert Sacre who has played really well so far to date at Gonzaga.

17pts
7 reb
in 23 minutes a game.

I hope Canada keeps Magliore hanging for a while then says no.

Beat me to it; I was just gonna say Sacre. he and Andrew Nicholson are the future frontcourt of team Canada anyway. ANic was A10 ROY last year and very well may be POY this season. I'd like to see a group of Young, Bonner, Sacre, Nicholson, Anthony and Magloire @ the 4 and 5 spots. Bonner can play the "3" in international ball, so he's a major plus.
Tim_Hardawayy
RealGM
And1: 8,088

Post#32 » by Tim_Hardawayy » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:11 am

Volcano wrote:Joel Anthony's better than Magloire

From a Heat fan who has seen both players plenty over the past 2 seasons, Anthony is definitely NOT better than Magloire. Joel is quite possibly the worst offensive basketball player in the NBA, and a terrible rebounder as well, his only NBA caliber talent is blocking shots.

That being said, for some reason our coach absolutely refuses to play Magloire this season, so it is possible he is in worse shape. But he definitely outplayed Anthony last season. Every time Joel comes into the game, Heat fans groan.
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#33 » by heemer » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:13 am

He'd be the 4th big if everyone is playing. Sammy D, Bonner, and Anthony would all be above him on the depth chart.
Spartan13
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#34 » by Spartan13 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:14 am

When did we suddenly have so many bigs that we couldnt use a tough great rebounding post defending NBA Center? Did anyone else watch the Uruguay game where Batista controlled the paint at will? Magloire would absolutely help this team.
BlazinTrini
Sixth Man
And1: 10

Post#35 » by BlazinTrini » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:39 am

heemer wrote:He'd be the 4th big if everyone is playing. Sammy D, Bonner, and Anthony would all be above him on the depth chart.

Only either Sammy D or Bonner can be on the team not both since they are not born Canadian
cram
Head Coach
And1: 1,699

Post#36 » by cram » Mon Nov 23, 2009 6:49 am

way too little too late. The guy has snubbed team canada his whole career. And, he's not even saying "i want to play for team canada". He's saying he'll consider it.

Give me a break. He's such a flake.
mcleex
Banned User

Post#37 » by mcleex » Mon Nov 23, 2009 8:20 am

Why doesn't Nash play also?
sl64
Bench Warmer

Post#38 » by sl64 » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:30 pm

lol, funny on so many levels. First... he wants to play now that they`ve already qualified for the Worlds, after years and years of refusing to help them qualify... then he assumes he can make the team, and so easily that it`s really just a matter of him deciding to play... only he probably can`t since he can barely run up and down the court at this point.
Here's the thing about Chris Bosh ... If Joey Graham had longer arms, he'd be just as effective at PF." --SuigintouEV
YogiStewart
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,400

Post#39 » by YogiStewart » Mon Nov 23, 2009 4:36 pm

mcleex wrote:Why doesn't Nash play also?

he's busy going deep into the playoffs and has a bad back. and he's been there, done that, and won't go there again.

Return to Toronto Raptors