ImageImageImageImageImage

What Gerald Wallace Thinks of our Interior D

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Alfred
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,853

Re: What Gerald Wallace Thinks of our Interior D 

Post#41 » by Alfred » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:35 pm

It's probably because he's really good at shooting three point shots.
Lionel Messi
Banned User
And1: 14

Post#42 » by Lionel Messi » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:36 pm

vivekmj10 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:You can get away in the nba with poor interior defense if you have great perimeter defense but we dont. We suck in both aspects, we get exposed off the bounce and once players are in we have no intimidating players. 1 player would change our whole dynamic. You get a player like chandler,haywood,camby,okafor and this team would be much better. We need either a good defensive PG or good defensive C. We have neither

Okafor plays for the 3rd worst defensive team in the league, Haywood for the 8th worst, and Camby for the 16th worst. Denver actually dramatically improved defensively after getting rid of Camby for a draft pick. Charlotte is a good defensive team whether Chandler plays or not.

We just need to be more physical.

I think that had something to do with trading AI for Billups as well

That Chris Andersen guy aint no slouch. He stepped in to make up for Camby's absence and it isnt like Nene/Martin are bad defenders. Theyre strong, quick agile and arent afraid to lay the hammer down if someone is driving into the paint.
pspot
General Manager
And1: 283

Post#43 » by pspot » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:45 pm

johnny wrote:It was dunk, after dunk, after dunk.....everytime they dunked on us i felt my heart being sliced in pieces.

it was so bad i flipped to the Leafs game
nm
Mayonegg
Freshman
And1: 0

Post#44 » by Mayonegg » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:47 pm

Alfred wrote:It's probably because he's really good at shooting three point shots.

I think they might be humoring him. "Oh no Andrea don't fake me out, move two steps in, and take a long 2! Noooo!" :P
NashtyNas
RealGM
And1: 1,887

Post#45 » by NashtyNas » Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:57 pm

vivekmj10 wrote:
ATLTimekeeper wrote:
PopsMensahBonsu wrote:You can get away in the nba with poor interior defense if you have great perimeter defense but we dont. We suck in both aspects, we get exposed off the bounce and once players are in we have no intimidating players. 1 player would change our whole dynamic. You get a player like chandler,haywood,camby,okafor and this team would be much better. We need either a good defensive PG or good defensive C. We have neither

Okafor plays for the 3rd worst defensive team in the league, Haywood for the 8th worst, and Camby for the 16th worst. Denver actually dramatically improved defensively after getting rid of Camby for a draft pick. Charlotte is a good defensive team whether Chandler plays or not.

After last night, I would gladly take being the 3rd worst, 8th worst or 16th worst defensive team. :D

Amen. I'd much rather be 3rd, 8th, or 16th worst than be.... THE worst. :evil:

The underappreciated greats:

Some seek fame cause they need validation, some say hating is confused admiration - Nasty, nasty Nas
nikeone
Banned User

Post#46 » by nikeone » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:10 pm

Chris Bosh is always at the rim, true. Problem is he doesn't want to be on a poster and is soft so he generally and disgustingly steps out of the way lol....

I've never in my life seen a player be in such great position only to do so little with it. Block the shot or foul hard do somthing, anything! Don't step out of the damn way! I feel like vomitting in my mouth everytime I see this fake all star avoid contact and potential great defensive plays.
beno
Sixth Man

Post#47 » by beno » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:23 pm

supersub15 wrote:
derrek wrote:Jokes on him, it's not JUST our interior defense that sucks!! Our perimeter D sucks too!! Take that Wallace, ya suckaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

Jack, DeRozan, Bosh and Johnson all got blocked at the rim last night. Thanks to the pick and roll, teams consistently get by the first line of defence. It's who you got waiting that makes a difference.

At one point, Bargnani took it hard to the rim, then stopped in his tracks when he saw Chandler lurking and threw up an awkward shot. That's what's called inside intimidation.

We don't have that.

Bargs is too nice.
gregdj
Starter
And1: 251

Post#48 » by gregdj » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:28 pm

Bargs even pump fakes when there is no one standing there in front of him
Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Post#49 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:46 pm

I find it interesting how aggressive Charlotte is allowed to play d without picking up fouls.

Any time the Raps try to do the same, they get ticky tack foul calls all over the place.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

treerollins
Senior
And1: 290

Post#50 » by treerollins » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:43 pm

the guys quoting our block stats, you sound stupid. i dont care how many blocks we get, we have the tallest front court in the league, plus Demar and Amir off the bench. we're gonna get some blocks.

it's the never contesting that pisses me off. and just like the guy a few posts back was saying about Bosh afraid to get posterized. he just steps off and gets dunked on a dozen times by the bobcats.

we get whistled for ticky tack fouls because we never (EVER) take hard fouls. how many hard fouls have the raps commited this year? there was bosh on dwight (his friend) when D12's shoulder was hurting, maybe hedo and wright once or twice..anything else?
waiting for ai referees
treerollins
Senior
And1: 290

Post#51 » by treerollins » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:44 pm

fame wrote:I sat behind the Orlando bench a couple games ago.

At one point of the game Stan Van Gundy turned to Pietrus who was sitting on the bench and said "They have no shotblockers! Just F'in dunk it everytime, they suck!".

So our interior defense is not held in very high regard.

someone sig this
waiting for ai referees
I2aptoR
Ballboy

Post#52 » by I2aptoR » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:03 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:

By being more physical we need to trade Jose and Andrea, as well all know.
hyper316
RealGM
And1: 9,672

Post#53 » by hyper316 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:17 pm

At one point of the game Stan Van Gundy turned to Pietrus who was sitting on the bench and said "They have no shotblockers! Just F'in dunk it everytime, they suck!".

r u serious? plz dont tell me u made this up
PowerHouse
Junior

Post#54 » by PowerHouse » Thu Nov 26, 2009 11:22 pm

The way to get away with not having a true shot blocker is to have good perimter D. We need to make a deal for a Defencive minded PG and SF.
Kevin Willis
RealGM
And1: 7,941

Post#55 » by Kevin Willis » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:06 am

Charlotte is the epitome of a defensive team. Great perimeter D - Wallace. Good interior D - Chandler. Gritty players - Jackson. They might make the playoffs this year (we're still going to spank them at home though.)
Ska needs to make a comeback.
fame
Bench Warmer
And1: 467

Post#56 » by fame » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:16 am

hyper316 wrote:

r u serious? plz dont tell me u made this up

Im dead serious. No reason to make it up. Why would I want to make my favorite team look bad.

I have the tickets for proof.
Upgrayedd
Bench Warmer

Post#57 » by Upgrayedd » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:58 am

treerollins wrote:

someone sig this

done
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,817

Post#58 » by junot111 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:28 am

:lol:
blueheart
Junior

Post#59 » by blueheart » Fri Nov 27, 2009 12:09 pm

ATLTimekeeper wrote:I'll give you one more. Hedo is averaging the same blocks per game as Gerald Wallace.

LMAO.. wallace sucks... if you watch every bobcats game wallace is always on the floor... he is terrible shooter, good flopper.... only thing he does good is hustle.. thats all about it.. i would like to see him when we drop 130 points on them next time..

Return to Toronto Raptors