ImageImageImageImageImage

In your opinion, Who/What would fix the Raptors problems...

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

magani
Bench Warmer
And1: 70

Re: In your opinion, Who/What would fix the Raptors problems... 

Post#61 » by magani » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:11 pm

AfricanSensation wrote:Move Bargs for one of Horford, Noah, Bogut, Oden, Bynum etc.

There's no way we can get a deal like this done but hey, thats the only way, we need a real center, then we can look at the details.

You could do it if you moved Bosh and slid over Bargs to PF. Why would we trade Bargs if we risk losing Bosh in the off-season. The only constant on this losing team over the last 7 years is Bosh. why would we give hinm the max. when he's not even the franchise player. Get one of those guys or build a solid all-around team. Bosh is really Abdur-Rahim v. 2 who can't defend worth a lick or chooses not to (because he did it at the Olympics). When the best player ever in Jordan can bring it at both ends for every game, why can't the so-called best players do that as well (at least with effort)?
2018-19 NBA Champions. Can never take that away.
Strav
Rookie
And1: 15

Post#62 » by Strav » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:12 pm

I posted this in the other thread too (and fak, it's perfect):

Kyle Lowry
Luis Scola
Brian Cook
Shane Battier

for:

Jose
Bargs

Lowry is a defensive minded PG, and he rebounds the ball too. Cook is just filler and is an expiring contract. Battier has one more year. Bargs would be the perfect compliment to Yao once he comes back, and this would solve all of our problems defensively this year with weaknesses at PG, SF and possibly C being addressed.
magani
Bench Warmer

Post#63 » by magani » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:43 pm

Strav wrote:I posted this in the other thread too (and fak, it's perfect):

Kyle Lowry
Luis Scola
Brian Cook
Shane Battier

for:

Jose
Bargs

Lowry is a defensive minded PG, and he rebounds the ball too. Cook is just filler and is an expiring contract. Battier has one more year. Bargs would be the perfect compliment to Yao once he comes back, and this would solve all of our problems defensively this year with weaknesses at PG, SF and possibly C being addressed.

I know you're not suggesting that Bosh or Scoa play the starting center position. I really think we should go after Bynum in a Bosh trade. LA has proven they don't really need Bynum with Gasol there. Bynum would be our Center for the next 10+ years and would be a good compliment for Bargnani. Then I'd trade Jose to another team for a more solid defensively-minded PG. What's left to do unless you don't break up this so-called core. I'm not in favor of building around Bosh because he may bolt in the offseason.
Dr Octagon
RealGM
And1: 54,612

Post#64 » by Dr Octagon » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:47 pm

Kyle Lowry
Luis Scola
Brian Cook
Shane Battier

for:

Jose
Bargs

I'd do Triano for Adelman instead.
whysoserious
RealGM
And1: 8,634

Post#65 » by whysoserious » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:48 pm

I would comsider moving Bargs/Jose and possibly Derozan if he was the final piece to make a deal. Would want someone like Joe Johnson and a defensive center back. I know Atlanta is not making that trade but someone like Johnson to pair with Bosh and Hedo.

The only way I would consider moving Bosh before those above would be in a deal for Rose/Noah but I doubt the Bulls do it unless they think they can then land Wade with Bosh re-signing.

Rose/Derozan/Hedo/Bargs/Noah would be pretty good. Hate giving up Bosh but Rose might just be worth it.
EZ
Bench Warmer
And1: 3

Post#66 » by EZ » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:09 pm

Jose's gotta go....Our perimeter D is still atrocious.

Move Jose and Wright to Thunder for Westbrook and Sefalosha. (no idea if that works financially)

Next is to move Bosh for a true center and young talent...
Young_Buc
General Manager
And1: 9,130

Post#67 » by Young_Buc » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:39 pm

I'd do this with Chicago... and I'd do it NOW so we can be bad enough for a lottery pick.

Bosh/Calderon

for

Noah/Rose/Filler (Salmons? Miller?)

Chicago does this because they get the best player in the deal. And set up a potential championship if they can get Wade to sign over there. We do it, to become bad enough to tank and get a lottery pick for next year and stock up on young talent.

Bulls:

Whoever!
Bosh
Deng
Calderon
Wade

Us:

Noah
Bargs
Lottery Pick (Evan turner!?)
Rose
DeRozan
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#68 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:50 pm

ZKS_STAL wrote:time.

also, patience from the quick-trigger slow-brain 'fans' on this site.

Do you consider 4 seasons quick trigger? BC has had plenty of time to atleat put a good core together, and if not a permenent core, then a core that can atleast build a winning culture until oppotunities arise to tweak it.

Remember when BC first came and talked about building a winning culture? Seems like all lip service now. He built and supported (by offering ridiculous contracts ) a soft unathletic team that can't compete in the NBA on both side of the court. Teams like Oklahoma don't necessarily have a beast in the middle but have excellent d because the have players capable of playing in a system. Between Westbook's freak athletcism at the 1 and Durant's freakish speed, agility and long arms at the 3, the Thunder can apply pressure, guard the passing lanes and force turnovers. They are the future Jordan and Pippen as far as defense goes. We have Jose Calderon who, quite frankly, wouldn't be a starter on any team if there was perfect allocation of point guard talent across the NBA (think of the log jam denver has, the log jam Portland has etc, Twolves etc).

BC has been throwing good money after bad since he signed Calderon. I have a feeling he regretted that decision soon after but committed to his error like most people tend to do. He either has an agenda, knows something about an agenda against the Toronto franchise, or he is just a poor evaluator of talent.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Ari_Emanuel
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,835

Post#69 » by Ari_Emanuel » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:52 pm

magani wrote:

Kyle Lowry
Luis Scola
Brian Cook
Shane Battier

for:

Jose
Bargs

I know you're not suggesting that Bosh or Scoa play the starting center position. I really think we should go after Bynum in a Bosh trade. LA has proven they don't really need Bynum with Gasol there. Bynum would be our Center for the next 10+ years and would be a good compliment for Bargnani. Then I'd trade Jose to another team for a more solid defensively-minded PG. What's left to do unless you don't break up this so-called core. I'm not in favor of building around Bosh because he may bolt in the offseason.

Not a bad suggestion. Bargnani is a quarter of the player Bosh is but with Bynum in the middle I think we'd be fine.
neurotik wrote:
Raps Maniac wrote:
Risk101 wrote:Inb4 the ass jokes.

But that's his downside.

No thats his backside.

Lowry's upside is mental and psychological.
Sn0wman
Banned User
And1: 5,803

Post#70 » by Sn0wman » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:55 pm

made by "The Letter V"

This crack me up every time I see it
MEDIC
RealGM
And1: 8,975

Post#71 » by MEDIC » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:14 pm

Young_Buc wrote:I'd do this with Chicago... and I'd do it NOW so we can be bad enough for a lottery pick.

Bosh/Calderon

for

Noah/Rose/Filler (Salmons? Miller?)

Chicago does this because they get the best player in the deal. And set up a potential championship if they can get Wade to sign over there. We do it, to become bad enough to tank and get a lottery pick for next year and stock up on young talent.

Bulls:

Whoever!
Bosh
Deng
Calderon
Wade

Us:

Noah
Bargs
Lottery Pick (Evan turner!?)
Rose
DeRozan

I absolutely love this scenario. Best I have seen so far. A few things though:

1. I don't think the Bulls do it (unless they can get Wade). They also don't do it unless it's a S&T. Too risky. Could you imagine losing Rose & Noah for .......Calderon? It would set them back years.

2. Salaries would be VERY difficult to match up with Chicago. Bosh & Calderon would be 30+ million dollars per season. This trade would HAVE to involve Deng.....& even with Deng, Noah & Rose, you still have to throw in another 10 million dollar contract, so Hinrich would have to come too.

Soooo.....

Deng, Rose, Noah & Hinrich

for

Bosh, Calderon.........you may have to throw in DeRozan or Beli.

3. The Bulls can pretty much sign CB4 outright next season to add to their current core, so it's much less risky to just sign him outright than trade & "hope" D-Wade comes.

4. D-Wade wants to stay in Miami. He would much rather Bosh come there than meet up with him in Chicago. Miami can sign Bosh outright, & if I'm Bosh.....I'd rather be in Miami than Chicago.

On the flip side, I really do hope that Bosh does the smart thing & pairs up with D-Wade. I know he wants to be #1, but he needs to get past that. It is the best possible situation for him.
* Props to the man, the myth, the legend......TZ.
waxmonkey
Junior
And1: 0

Post#72 » by waxmonkey » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:46 pm

Bring Alvin Williams out of retirement for some leadership. That's what the team is REALLY missing.
LLJ
RealGM
And1: 17,214

Post#73 » by LLJ » Fri Nov 27, 2009 5:48 pm

Evermore
Banned User

Post#74 » by Evermore » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:25 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:

Do you consider 4 seasons quick trigger? BC has had plenty of time to atleat put a good core together, and if not a permenent core, then a core that can atleast build a winning culture until oppotunities arise to tweak it.

Remember when BC first came and talked about building a winning culture? Seems like all lip service now. He built and supported (by offering ridiculous contracts ) a soft unathletic team that can't compete in the NBA on both side of the court. Teams like Oklahoma don't necessarily have a beast in the middle but have excellent d because the have players capable of playing in a system. Between Westbook's freak athletcism at the 1 and Durant's freakish speed, agility and long arms at the 3, the Thunder can apply pressure, guard the passing lanes and force turnovers. They are the future Jordan and Pippen as far as defense goes. We have Jose Calderon who, quite frankly, wouldn't be a starter on any team if there was perfect allocation of point guard talent across the NBA (think of the log jam denver has, the log jam Portland has etc, Twolves etc).

BC has been throwing good money after bad since he signed Calderon. I have a feeling he regretted that decision soon after but committed to his error like most people tend to do. He either has an agenda, knows something about an agenda against the Toronto franchise, or he is just a poor evaluator of talent.

I agree completely. And here's a scary thought...BC committed over 100 million in contracts to Hedo, Calderon and Kapono...not to mention trading for Nesterovic with 21 million still owed on his deal

That is unacceptable!
mcleex
Banned User

Post#75 » by mcleex » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:38 pm

So much negativity around here ... thank God we're not 0-15 like the Nets
andrewww
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#76 » by andrewww » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:43 pm

in short BC is pullling a JP Ricciardi.
anon2222
Sixth Man
And1: 980

Post#77 » by anon2222 » Fri Nov 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Ari_Emanuel wrote:

I agree. With BC in charge, it's about putting an entertaining team that will bring profit to MLSE. It's been obvious since day 1 that we needed some toughness and defense. Given all the money, draft picks and trade scenarios he could have done it but these aspects of the game aren't that important to him. Bringing Reggie Evans who is a 15-20min bench player at best is not the solution. Now we have ridiculous commitments to players who can't offer the right balance to this team, along with the prospect of losing our best player.

Maybe when he leaves (or gets fired) the organization will have the sense to pick somebody that actually installs a proven system that wins in the NBA (DEFENSE!).
magani
Bench Warmer

Post#78 » by magani » Fri Nov 27, 2009 8:08 pm

I think BC really wants to win and it burns him up when the team doesn't meet his expectations. With that being said, I don't think he knows how to put a winning combination out on the floor. He GMs like most of us play fantasy ball -but his team actually has to play together. He's all hype and no substance. He really needed to blow up the team in 06' and build patiently through the draft, a few trades and then add key free agents. His core is not good enough, yet he got rid of everyone except the core this offseason.

Return to Toronto Raptors