ImageImageImageImageImage

Smith: Embarrassed no one stood up for Bosh (update pg 9)

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Re: Smith: Embarrassed no one stood up for Bosh (update pg 9) 

Post#161 » by Clutch Carter » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:37 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Think about this: If it was Andrea in that position, and it easily could have been, would the story be that the team did nothing, or would it be looked at as a failure on his part?

If that happened, the board would be too busy giggling with glee to even care about it. Just another soft ass euro, you know.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

scruffz
Ballboy
And1: 0

Post#162 » by scruffz » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Mustard_Tiger wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:I'm guessing you've never been hit in the nuts playing sports or in general. You, sir, are one lucky guy.

I don't buy that excuse. I've watched the vid repeatedly. When he gets up, he doesn't really show signs of that at all. I think his pride was hurt more than anything, like always.

So because Bosh didn't get hauled off on a stretcher that means he didn't get hit in the nuts? give me a break. Once the same thign happened to me while playing ball hockey, and it took me about 2-3 minutes to shake it off. mind you it wasn't exactly a light shot either. Get someone to kick you there and see how long it takes for you to even get back on your feet.
youngLion
Assistant Coach
And1: 3

Post#163 » by youngLion » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:46 pm

Honestly I think people are greatly overreacting to this. The reason the guys on the floor weren't going Artest on Bosh's behalf is because they were tending to Chris himself, making sure he was ok. Isn't that better?
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#164 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:47 pm

scruffz wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:
Basketball_Jones wrote:I'm guessing you've never been hit in the nuts playing sports or in general. You, sir, are one lucky guy.

I don't buy that excuse. I've watched the vid repeatedly. When he gets up, he doesn't really show signs of that at all. I think his pride was hurt more than anything, like always.

So because Bosh didn't get hauled off on a stretcher that means he didn't get hit in the nuts? give me a break. Once the same thign happened to me while playing ball hockey, and it took me about 2-3 minutes to shake it off. mind you it wasn't exactly a light shot either. Get someone to kick you there and see how long it takes for you to even get back on your feet.

It didn't take Bosh 2-3 minutes to shake off, he got up after 20-30 sec, and showed no signs of any further pain.

That's because it was only his pride.
Mustard_Tiger
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#165 » by Mustard_Tiger » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 pm

youngLion wrote:Honestly I think people are greatly overreacting to this. The reason the guys on the floor weren't going Artest on Bosh's behalf is because they were tending to Chris himself, making sure he was ok. Isn't that better?

Not at all.

This situation is just a representation of everything that is wrong with this team.
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#166 » by Undefeated » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:49 pm

scruffz wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:

If Bosh was really hurt on that play, wouldn't he have called a time out?
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
A_wildstabatanything
Lead Assistant
And1: 51

Post#167 » by A_wildstabatanything » Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:56 pm

jrsmith wrote:
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:Think about this: If it was Andrea in that position, and it easily could have been, would the story be that the team did nothing, or would it be looked at as a failure on his part?

I tried to imagine this, but I just couldnt make it happen. Id have to imagine 1. andrea in the paint 2. andrea actually acting as a center 3. andrea having some sort of defensive awareness and capable of playing help D 4. andrea stepping infront of him and not jumping to the side or most likely gently moving to the side to open the lane.

It was impossible to picture.

Andrea leads the team in charges taken. Bosh has 0 so far this season.
s e n s i
RealGM
And1: 3,554

Post#168 » by s e n s i » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:03 pm

Undefeated wrote:
scruffz wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:I don't buy that excuse. I've watched the vid repeatedly. When he gets up, he doesn't really show signs of that at all. I think his pride was hurt more than anything, like always.

If Bosh was really hurt on that play, wouldn't he have called a time out?

The man got sacked in the nuts. There is a considerable amount of pain for a minute or two as the recipient regains his breath and it goes away almost completely after that. And the whistle blew and play stopped almost immediately after the dunk due to all the scuffling anyway (which, after the technicals were taken- about 3-4 minutes elapsed until play resumed), so why the hell would he call a timeout?

I swear to God it seems like less than half this board has never participated in physical activity before, let alone play basketball.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#169 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:08 pm

chocolateSensi wrote:The man got sacked in the nuts. There is a considerable amount of pain for a minute or two as the recipient regains his breath and it goes away almost completely after that. And the whistle blew and play stopped almost immediately after the dunk due to all the scuffling anyway (which, after the technicals were taken- about 3-4 minutes elapsed until play resumed), so why the hell would he call a timeout?

I swear to God it seems like less than half this board has never participated in physical activity before, let alone play basketball.

Now I'm not agreeing with Mustard, the man got nailed and needed a minute, but in his post game interview, he said he was hit in the pelvic region, but a bit north of the naughty bits.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#170 » by 99 Problems » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:14 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:
chocolateSensi wrote:The man got sacked in the nuts. There is a considerable amount of pain for a minute or two as the recipient regains his breath and it goes away almost completely after that. And the whistle blew and play stopped almost immediately after the dunk due to all the scuffling anyway (which, after the technicals were taken- about 3-4 minutes elapsed until play resumed), so why the hell would he call a timeout?

Now I'm not agreeing with Mustard, the man got nailed and needed a minute, but in his post game interview, he said he was hit in the pelvic region, but a bit north of the naughty bits.

No, he was definitely hit in the balls.. He was just trying to find a way to say it without using those exact words.. The way he was nodding his head indicated he thought it was pretty obvious... Besides, you don't squirm on the floor like that unless its your nuts that got hit..
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#171 » by Undefeated » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:19 pm

What do you mean what the hell? If Bosh was hurt, it makes sense to call a timeout and let him heal up a bit before going out there and start playing again. Almost every player who got hurt on a play in this league would call a timeout. To me, it seems Bosh wasn't really hurt and go watch the video, the kick wasn't even that hard.

If this was a shot at me, than you got it all wrong. Not going to go into much detail, but if you've been sacked, it takes more than 3-4 minutes to heal as you'd still have this sting and you would barely be able to run at full speed. And yes, I do play basketball.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
s e n s i
RealGM

Post#172 » by s e n s i » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:20 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote:

He got it in the ballsack, man. A knee to the pelvis wouldn't explain why it took him a minute to get up, unless you do agree with Mustard in that his pride took a hit and couldn't recuperate instantly.

The pelvis itself is padded enough naturally, along with the waistband of his shorts, that a knee wouldn't do much damage. Thus why he said 'region'. I'd classify my testicles and penis as part of my 'pelvic region'. I mean, he wasn't gonna reply with 'Yeah, I got kneed in the nuts.'

He got hit in the nuts.
galacticos2 wrote:MLB needs to introduce an Amnesty clause. Bautista would be my first victim.

Bautista outplays his contract by more than $70 million over the next four seasons (2013-2016).
raptorsam
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#173 » by raptorsam » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:24 pm

This goes back to when TJ FORD was mauled and no one did a THING even though TJ would be the only one sticking up for players like bosh. This team is going NO WHERE with the attitude they have.
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#174 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 pm

http://www.nba.com/raptors/video/originals/index.html

Here's the link, you can click the vid. Around the end he was asked if it was the private region, and Bosh said "a bit North". If he was hit elsewhere, why is it any more odd that he'd need a minute? Jack said it sounded like he got the air knocked out of him? Seems like quite a stretch to think if he wasn't nailed in the nads that he should not be hurt at all. I don't think there's anything odd about it.
Susp3ct
Veteran
And1: 2,058

Re: Smith: Disgusted, embarrassed no one stood up for Bosh 

Post#175 » by Susp3ct » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm

scruffz wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uTtxnBFZ88Y

Then tell me how he got to stay in the game after this.

funny thing is even if a Celtic did it this year or something they still wouldnt be suspended
nikeone
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#176 » by nikeone » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:31 pm

I havn't read anything in this thread other than the title because well nothing here is read worthy lately.

To respond to the title I have to ask my question,

When has Chris Bosh stood up for himself or anyone else on the Raptors since being drafted?

Teams generally take on the persona of their leaders, I must say this team definitely has taken on the personailty of its franchise player. Again everyone wants to point the finger at everyone but Bosh as if its our duty to talk nicely about this guy so he resigns in Toronto, a shame really that he takes no responbility for this teams defense or its identity.
Kids Are Alright
Veteran
And1: 137

Post#177 » by Kids Are Alright » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

C's fan, not trying to troll or anything like that, but the Raptors need a stopper down in the post. Bosh obviously isn't that person, he's a great player, but a big, nasty, ugly center is needed and would help eliminate a lot of those shots in the post last night. It's the missing link. Like I'm not saying something you all ready know.

Raps are one of my favorite offensive teams to watch, defense makes me cringe.

Bosh didn't need a Wallace or a Perk type to get a T, the C's had already taken the game over.
Tanking :nonono: Live for the day 8-)
s e n s i
RealGM

Post#178 » by s e n s i » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

Undefeated wrote:

What do you mean what the hell? If Bosh was hurt, it makes sense to call a timeout and let him heal up a bit before going out there and start playing again. Almost every player who got hurt on a play in this league would call a timeout. To me, it seems Bosh wasn't really hurt and go watch the video, the kick wasn't even that hard.

Again, the whistle blew almost immediately after the play occurred. Technicals were issued no more than a minute later. Why, just why, would Bosh, who at the moment is trying to regain his breath after being sacked, call a timeout, regardless of how hurt he is? When a player gets injured, do they signal to the refs for a timeout as they clench onto their injured body part? When has that ever happened?! If the head coach sees his player is injured, and there has yet to be a stoppage in play, then the coach would call for a timeout, which is what happens in professional sports. But this is all irrelevant anyway, because there was already a stoppage in play!

If this was a shot at me, than you got it all wrong. Not going to go into much detail, but if you've been sacked, it takes more than 3-4 minutes to heal as you'd still have this sting and you would barely be able to run at full speed. And yes, I do play basketball.

It all depends on the severity of the blow. In CB's case, it was enough to wind him for a minute.

And for the record, it's not a sting. My balls don't 'sting' when I'm sacked. I feel like I've lost my breath and my pelvis area would be throbbing, but not stinging. That's a testicular rash you're talking about, might want to use some baby powder.

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM

Post#179 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:33 pm

nikeone wrote:I havn't read anything in this thread other than the title because well nothing here is read worthy lately.

To respond to the title I have to ask my question,

When has Chris Bosh stood up for himself or anyone else on the Raptors since being drafted?

Teams generally take on the persona of their leaders, I must say this team definitely has taken on the personailty of its franchise player. Again everyone wants to point the finger at everyone but Bosh as if its our duty to talk nicely about this guy so he resigns in Toronto, a shame really that he takes no responbility for this teams defense or its identity.

Let's NBA?
miruss2001
Lead Assistant
And1: 335

Post#180 » by miruss2001 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:37 pm

raptorsam wrote:This goes back to when TJ FORD was mauled and no one did a THING even though TJ would be the only one sticking up for players like bosh. This team is going NO WHERE with the attitude they have.

Absolutely. The only guy enraged at the time was Mitchell. And again, it was the coaches the only guys up in arms.

These guys simply don't believe it each other. No trust. No cohesion.

Return to Toronto Raptors