ImageImageImageImageImage

Blow it up? W poll

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Should BC blow up the core?

Poll ended at Wed Dec 30, 2009 1:24 am

YES
50%
NO
23%
Everyone but Bosh
28%

Total votes: 155

Raps in 4
RealGM
And1: 54,277

Re: Blow it up? W poll 

Post#21 » by Raps in 4 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:31 am

Major_9000 wrote:All the main components of this team have been signed for the long term (except) Bosh...Which makes it very, very hard to trade them. Whether you like it or not Jose, Turk, Bargs and Jack are going to be around for a long time.

Bargs and even Jose still have value around the league. They may not be good fits for this team, but that doesn't mean they couldn't fit in with other teams.
thegame10
Pro Prospect
And1: 1

Post#22 » by thegame10 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:40 am

U gotta look at it this way, we either trade jose or bargs and get some solid players to be a playoff team with bosh. If now bosh leaves next year via free agent and were stuck with jose and bargs and we all know with these two we gotta blow it up if bosh is gone.
Harry Palmer
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2,504

Post#23 » by Harry Palmer » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:42 am

Mustard_Tiger wrote:I doubt Colangelo would ever do it. His job is to create hype, and trading Bosh away wouldn't exactly achieve that.

We're stuck, whatever Bosh does.

Fixed.
All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.

-Arthur Schopenhauer
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,386

Post#24 » by Tha Cynic » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:45 am

This is your team for the next 2 or 3 years. Deal with it. For those who are basketball fans, it won't be so bad, since there are many other great teams to follow. For those who are just Raptor fans, I laugh at you.
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#25 » by SpaceJam » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:52 am

Tha Cynic wrote:This is your team for the next 2 or 3 years. Deal with it. For those who are basketball fans, it won't be so bad, since there are many other great teams to follow. For those who are just Raptor fans, I laugh at you.

We are all Raptor fans by default. But lucky for me, I have alternatives in case our team has another drought.
_________
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#26 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:54 am

No. Still too early to panac. Give Bosh and Bargnani more time to learn defensively and our team will much improve
KneeJerk
Sophomore
And1: 4

Post#27 » by KneeJerk » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:18 am

I want to keep Bosh, Bargnani, Turkoglu, Belinelli and Jack. I like Derozan but would be willing to trade him (even though his value will probably some day be higher). My one trade idea that would keep our core intact while I think vastly improving our team is:

Raptors trade:
Evans
Johnson
Wright
O'Bryant
Banks

Bobcats trade:
Chandler
Diaw

The Bobcats save almost 5 mil this year, almost 12 mil next year and 9 mill the year after. We could give Chandler 28 minutes a game, have an ELITE defensive anchor, rebounder and pick and roll guy and Diaw is basically the same player as Turk off the bench. He isn't as awesome as he was in Phoenix, but he's still a great passer, good post up guy and pretty good defensively. What it doesn't do is solve our perimeter defense problems, but it does give us definitely the best 3-5 spot in the league, including a guy who can really guard all the big phillies in the league.
Habibi
Banned User
And1: 1

Post#28 » by Habibi » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:23 am

I don't want to trade Bargnani. His contract is tremendous value.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#29 » by SkywalkerAC » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:28 am

Part of me definitely wants to warm up the tank but it's probably best to ride it out and make the playoffs if we can and keep our draft pick if we can't. Bosh might be inclined to leave if we miss but I think it's highly unlikely that he rips off the organization by simply walking. And the best part of trading him in the summer is that draft picks will already have been chosen. We can't do a sign and trade on draft night though, can we?

So yeah, tanking is tempting and if the right deal comes along, we take it, but it has to be the right deal. That said, BC can't be content with this team. He knows that changes are needed and he's not really one to sit on his laurels. Change will come sooner or later.
Darkseid
Analyst
And1: 3,392

Post#30 » by Darkseid » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:44 am

wow why would you blow up a playoff team lol
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#31 » by Throwback24 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 5:48 am

I just want Josh Childress to sign with the Raptors, he has nice hair.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
jsbola
Sophomore
And1: 5

Post#32 » by jsbola » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:08 am

blowing it up is a bit far but its obvious this team needs changes. Jose, Bargs and Bosh cant co-exist and be successful. They are all soft and lazy defenders. Which of them needs to go is tricky. Id wanna keep Bosh but his contract situation is up in the air. Jose seems like a likely move but what can you get for him anyway. Maybe a package of Bargs and Jose can net us something nice. Then you take your chances with Bosh.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#33 » by kush- » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:35 am

everyone here is going to say yes.. but the point is BC's hands are tied, because of what those hands did.

turkoglu is unmoveable, calderon won't net anything worthwhile, bargnani is his legacy, and bosh is ditching this shytty franchise.
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
kush-
Veteran
And1: 64

Post#34 » by kush- » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:35 am

oh and we still owe our next non-lottery pick to another team... so yea.. even if we want to blow up the team it'll take a while
sanity on Jeremy Lin:
sanity wrote: Roko Ukic's court vision and play-making abilities far exceeds this player... I'm shocked this thread is going on as long as it has. Comparing Lin to Rautins is an insult to Rautins.
SkywalkerAC
RealGM
And1: 4,665

Post#35 » by SkywalkerAC » Mon Nov 30, 2009 9:43 am

kush- wrote:oh and we still owe our next non-lottery pick to another team... so yea.. even if we want to blow up the team it'll take a while

which is one of the main incentives for blowing up the team.

on the flip side, when you're close to the lux tax and "competitive", rookie salaries are often unwelcome vs veterans for minimum salaries (untaxed?).
theonlyeastcoastrapsfan
RealGM
And1: 8,676

Post#36 » by theonlyeastcoastrapsfan » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:02 pm

Bosh played really well yesterday, sometimes I have to give the FO office credit for not panaceing. All signs are of improvement, in both Bosh and Andrea, while for Andrea, it's more gradual, and for Bosh, he has improved his ability to bang, even if he's never going to be a stopper, but the next leap will be his approach to leadership, that will be the next progression in his game. What does strike me is how Calderon is not needed offensively, not helping defensively, and not really doing a very good job getting people shots. So while I admire the lack of panace, I would like to see some recognition of that.

Would you guys be open to a return of Rafer Alston? He played well in the Playoffs with Hedo. Would NJ trade Rafer and Terrence Williams, for Jose Calderon? It works in the checker.
jim todd
Sixth Man
And1: 370

Post#37 » by jim todd » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:11 pm

theonlyeastcoastrapsfan wrote: Would NJ trade Rafer and Terrence Williams, for Jose Calderon? It works in the checker.

lemondrop would be ECSTATIC.
RonaldArtest
General Manager
And1: 12,531

Post#38 » by RonaldArtest » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:17 pm

One of the best moves BC made was making that pick going to Miami lottery-protected...
ansoncarter
Head Coach
And1: 367

Post#39 » by ansoncarter » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:27 pm

Harry Palmer wrote:
Mustard_Tiger wrote:I doubt Colangelo would ever do it. His job is to create hype, and trading Bosh away wouldn't exactly achieve that.

Fixed.

not if he fully re-signs, with some kind of hand-shake deal that we'll trade him next season

tell him the options are to re-sign and we'll look for a trade to a better team, or lose the 30mil. No in between. Bosh won't like the idea but there's no way on earth he walks away from that money imo
D-Wins-RingsIMO
Banned User
And1: 3
Location: TORONTO ... where worst DRtg in the league happens!

Post#40 » by D-Wins-RingsIMO » Mon Nov 30, 2009 1:29 pm

ansoncarter wrote:
Harry Palmer wrote:

Fixed.

not if he fully re-signs, with some kind of hand-shake deal that we'll trade him next season

tell him the options are to re-sign and we'll look for a trade to a better team, or lose the 30mil. No in between. Bosh won't like the idea but there's no way on earth he walks away from that money imo

lol. you realize we're standing in the same foxhole if that bomb goes off right?

If Bosh walks away he does lose 30 mill.

If Bosh walks away we are completely **** cap space wise ..... say hello to Drew Gooden, your 3 mill stopgap free agent signing :(

Return to Toronto Raptors