ImageImageImageImageImage

PG: PANACE!! No wait...Raptors win, and the streak continues

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

MjM2xTreMe
Analyst
And1: 11

Re: PG: PANACE!! No wait...Raptors win, and the streak continues 

Post#121 » by MjM2xTreMe » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:41 am

Young_Buc wrote:12 FTA!!!

Yes because shooting 32% from the field makes a huge statement. No shot against Jack, but to use this game as a marching drum for Jack starting is just idiotic.

yeah 32% shooting was due to players not making shots, as opposed to not getting good looks. So I'm fairly sure we would have lost with Jose in there as he never attacks consistently.[/

If Jose played today, played his usual D and did NOT hit a good amount of shots then the Raptors would have lost this game.[/quote]

I disagree. If Jose did play, Banks doesnt. Enough said.
Phenomenologist
Veteran
And1: 107

Post#122 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:46 am

Young_Buc wrote:
Phenomenologist wrote:To me, the best thing that Derozan has shown us this season is a vastly improved FT stroke. Great indication of his work ethic and ability to improve.

I have no idea how he went from 64% in college to about 68 in his first 15 or so games to 90 in his last 10. Something clicked for this kid and he's not holding back 15/6 in 24 mins only shows signs of more to come.

Still don't like Jay's kid gloves on him though.

Yah. You want a rookie to know their place. But you also want to see him go after it. You want to know that he knows that he's got what it takes. I like to see him be a bit "selfish" in that sense.

BTW, he's at 81% from the line this season and his FTA/FGA is .43, which is really good. Solid athletic indicators, too (among SGs, blocks/48 and rebounds/48 are 2nd and ~8th respectively ... steals/48 not so much, bottom third).
Phenomenologist
Veteran

Post#123 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:48 am

mr.ra+mr.re wrote:Not a pretty game and listening to Leo was like being pinned under a Chinese mafia car as it drives over your legs back and forth, back and forth, back and forth, back and forth...

I hate him so much.
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#124 » by Throwback24 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:52 am

OJ Mayo just hit a 3, he wants to show up LeBron.
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
TribeZulu
Sixth Man
And1: 134

Post#125 » by TribeZulu » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:53 am

I never would have thought the Raps could shoot 32% and still win.

Ugly yes. But a win is a win. And as an added bonus, their defense gave us a glimmer of hope.

Go raps Go!
If you can't beat em... at least grab their gonads
gamer1314
Junior
And1: 0

Post#126 » by gamer1314 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:58 am

We won bc of Barg's shooting...!! yeahhhh!! 6 of 18!!! Woohooo! Raps won!!
DHK
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,273

Post#127 » by DHK » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:01 am

DD played great but one thing he hasnt showed much this season is his passing ability..one of which if mastered, would make him a future scary player
rtcaino
Bench Warmer
And1: 54

Post#128 » by rtcaino » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:07 am

Young_Buc wrote:
Barraketh wrote:I can't believe some people want Jack starting because of this game. We were playing the second worst team in the league, with the 22nd defensive rating in the league, and we were at home! Yeah, we won, but we shot 32% and were tied with 1:30 to go in the game - that's not exactly a performance to write home about. The thing that Calderon does well is put people in position where they are comfortable scoring, which is why our offense is much more fluid with him on the floor. You can argue that his defensive weaknesses outweigh his offensive contributions, but I wouldn't use this game as an argument to support that statement.

Um, would Calderon have guided in Bargs and Hedo's wide open 3's that they missed using his magic "Ghost Dad" powers? Jack played a better game than Jose could today period.

What you FAILED to mention (along with this lovely 32%) was the SEASON HIGH for trips to the line. So while Jose puts players "in position to score" Jack puts them on the stripe. Sorry if that position to score isn't easy enough for you.

17/7/8 and 12 FT attempts and solid D. Nice to see penetration, rebounding and hustle from our 1 spot for once.

Also, while Minny's D is significantly below average, they are actually slightly above average at opponents FT's/FGA.

(though that stat may not properly adjust for and one's.)

Really depends if you chalk up the shooting % to Luck, JJ or Banks.

I'm leaning towards Luck and Banks.
SpaceJam
Veteran
And1: 93

Post#130 » by SpaceJam » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:09 am

ZeriousLy wrote:Huskies > Wolves
_________
rtcaino
Bench Warmer

Post#131 » by rtcaino » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:11 am

Wow, good interview for him.

Also, I was surprised he was so cognizant of the importance of defense and rebounding! jk
danny-callahan
Head Coach
And1: 84

Post#132 » by danny-callahan » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:12 am

The Huskies are currently the best team in the L. Deal with it.
COY0607
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,815

Post#133 » by COY0607 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:13 am

thats bargs video is pretty funny..........leo is getting more and more annoying every minute hes on the air......i might just start listening to the fan when leo in on tv......and i hate the kid dynamite nickname
TOStateofMind
RealGM
And1: 21,339

Post#134 » by TOStateofMind » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:18 am

"What can I say im a great rebounder"
:lol:
rtcaino
Bench Warmer

Post#135 » by rtcaino » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:19 am

danny-callahan wrote:The Huskies are currently the best team in the L. Deal with it.

UNDEFEATED
MrBojangelz71
Banned User
And1: 929

Post#136 » by MrBojangelz71 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:23 am

Black Milk wrote:
MrBojangelz71 wrote:
Black Milk wrote:12 FTA!!!

Yes because shooting 32% from the field makes a huge statement. No shot against Jack, but to use this game as a marching drum for Jack starting is just idiotic.

yeah 32% shooting was due to players not making shots, as opposed to not getting good looks. So I'm fairly sure we would have lost with Jose in there as he never attacks consistently.

Funny though, we won against a lot better teams in the 4rth with Jose at the helm. Not sure were you get your guarantee from.
Go to bed, you are at a lost cause.
I see you on here trying to portray the 1st game of the season were Jack starts as the reason we should start him over Jose. WE barely squeaked out a victory against one of the worst teams in the NBA. To try and spin this as a Jack over Jose victory makes you look and sound like an idiot.
Phenomenologist
Veteran

Post#137 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:26 am

Wow, Triano is a (Please Use More Appropriate Word). He just volunteered that AW is a "good 3PT shooter." That's just false. Unless 'good' is being used as a euphemism for 'atrocious'. Just say nothing. It's so **** annoying. Wright is the worst player in the L. That he gets ~20/game is **** hilarious. He has compromising pictures of every GM and/or every coach in this **** league.
Tofubeque
RealGM
And1: 14,188

Post#138 » by Tofubeque » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:29 am

My favourite parts of the broadcasts are Matt and Leo muttering at each other under their breaths.

Well, our streak of holding teams to below 40% shooting is at 3. No surprise to hear Bosh didn't have a single block in those 5 straight losses. He's getting his act together defensively, really shut down Jefferson tonight. Even Bargs looked alright out there, good rebounding in the 4th and didn't let Love embarrass him one-handed.
props Turbozone
Phenomenologist
Veteran

Post#139 » by Phenomenologist » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:31 am

I worry, in the case of Bargnani v. Live Ball, that self-deprication might be an indication of capitulation vis-a-vis amelioration.
lolwut
General Manager
And1: 12,918

Post#140 » by lolwut » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:37 am

Marcus Banks' airball was the highlight of the game. That shot was about 3 feet short of the basket. Simply incredible...
2023-2024 FatherTracker™ - baby raptors looking to be adopted by a warm, loving family man

Return to Toronto Raptors