ImageImageImageImageImage

Jack should be starting

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

vexen
Veteran
And1: 886

Jack should be starting 

Post#1 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:33 am

We should have crushed the Wolves tonight if our 3 ball was on but we still won with our D and getting to the line with Jack and Bosh leading the way.

Guess what?! Jack went to the line 11 times and shot 11-12 he also had 7 RBS, 8 AST, 2 STL's and 17 Points. When was the last time Jose got to the line 11 times and had 8 rbs? I have been praying for Jack to start all year and look what he did with his first start.

I know it's VS the wolves BUT when he started for Indy he also ripped it up so it's no fluke, Jack is a starter in this league. I think Jose is a great backup and should complement Jack very well with 10-12 mins a night as his backup.
WesWesley
General Manager
And1: 5

Re: Jack should be starting 

Post#2 » by WesWesley » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:41 am

calm down. It is one game.
5:26 LAC - B. Davis misses a layup
TCHOKE
Head Coach
And1: 312

Post#3 » by TCHOKE » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:41 am

the 8 million per year back up :lol:
dan520
Pro Prospect
And1: 0

Post#4 » by dan520 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:43 am

i wanted say hell no, its just one game...but, ya jack is aggressive, driving the ball, got to the hole, to the line, he got his free throws, good on d ball...but he doesnt run an offense in a elite way...these r all qualities of a great backup pg
What is basketball.....basketball is life.
DG88
Forum Mod - Raptors
Forum Mod - Raptors
And1: 27,560

Post#5 » by DG88 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:43 am

Here we go again :roll:
vexen
Veteran

Post#6 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:45 am

WesWesley wrote:calm down. It is one game.

You really think I’m basing this off the one game Jack played tonight!? No, I have never been a fan of defensive inept PG's like Jose. Jack reminds me of a Derek Fisher type PG, which is all I want from my PG. IMHO I just think Jack is a better overall player then Jose.
vexen
Veteran

Post#7 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:47 am

dan520 wrote:i wanted say hell no, its just one game...but, ya jack is aggressive, driving the ball, got to the hole, to the line, he got his free throws, good on d ball...but he doesnt run an offense in a elite way...these r all qualities of a great backup pg

We don't need him to, really how hard is it to dump the ball into the post to Bosh or give the ball to Turk for pick and rolls? Last time I checked Derek Fisher was not like that either yet the Lakers are in first place and he is starting.
vexen
Veteran

Post#8 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:52 am

If fact IMHO this team will not truly turn the corner till this is our starting lineup.

C-Johnson
PF-Bosh
SF-Turk
SG-DD
PG-Jack

6-AB
7-Belly
8-Evans
dan520
Pro Prospect

Post#9 » by dan520 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:52 am

vexen wrote:
dan520 wrote:i wanted say hell no, its just one game...but, ya jack is aggressive, driving the ball, got to the hole, to the line, he got his free throws, good on d ball...but he doesnt run an offense in a elite way...these r all qualities of a great backup pg

We don't need him to, really how hard is it to dump the ball into the post to Bosh or give the ball to Turk for pick and rolls? Last time I checked Derek Fisher was not like that either yet the Lakers are in first place and he is starting.

lol really, thats all u need to do to be a starting pg eh
What is basketball.....basketball is life.
kingkao
Rookie
And1: 77

Post#10 » by kingkao » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:55 am

I felt that Bosh didn't get enough touches in this game. Did Jack compensate for that, I guess so, but would of liked to see Bosh with more touches.
vexen
Veteran

Post#11 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:55 am

dan520 wrote:
vexen wrote:

lol really, thats all u need to do to be a starting pg eh

Yup, play good D, hit open shots, drive into the lane to create space and find the open man for easy buckets. Just make plays and sometimes dive for lose balls ala jack..
Throwback24
RealGM
And1: 41,651

Post#12 » by Throwback24 » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:55 am

Calm down, bro
Remember when’ is the lowest form of conversation.
vexen
Veteran

Post#13 » by vexen » Wed Dec 9, 2009 3:56 am

kingkao wrote:I felt that Bosh didn't get enough touches in this game. Did Jack compensate for that, I guess so, but would of liked to see Bosh with more touches.

Bosh had 18 shots that's more then enough plus they might have been saving him for the back to back. if we even hit 1/3 of our 3's this game is a blow out.

We play the bucks tomorrow, honestly would you rather see Jose guard Jennings or Jack?
Undefeated
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7,105

Post#14 » by Undefeated » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:00 am

Turnovers will increase with Jack starting which isn't the best suggestion because when this team turned over the ball a lot from the games two weeks ago, things started to get stagnant on the offensive end and everyone was scrambling on the defensive end making things a bit hectic. However, Jack did a decent job of protecting the ball today unlike most other game days.

Jose is starting to give the ball handling duties to Turkoglu a bit more and he's starting to pick up to play off the ball more which I like and will benefit the starting line-up. On most nights, Jose shooting should be helpful with the offense spread out. Jack had his chance to score today because no one was clicking on the offensive end an I doubt he would score that much or get to the line when everyone is a scoring at a high rate.
Basketball is like poetry in motion, cross the guy to the left, take him back to the right, he's fallin back, then just J right in his face. Then you look at him and say, "What?" - Jesus Shuttlesworth
Indeed
RealGM
And1: 3,055

Post#15 » by Indeed » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:01 am

vexen wrote:If fact IMHO this team will not truly turn the corner till this is our starting lineup.

C-Johnson
PF-Bosh
SF-Turk
SG-DD
PG-Jack

6-AB
7-Belly
8-Evans

The bigs are too small, no size up front.
Still today our best +/- line up is
Bargnani
Bosh
Turk
Belinelli
Jack

Edit: Maybe due to lack of offense from the Wolves, really need to see how well Jack plays against an average team.
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#16 » by Rhettmatic » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:03 am

Indeed wrote:
vexen wrote:If fact IMHO this team will not truly turn the corner till this is our starting lineup.

C-Johnson
PF-Bosh
SF-Turk
SG-DD
PG-Jack

6-AB
7-Belly
8-Evans

The bigs are too small, no size up front.
Still today our best +/- line up is
Bargnani
Bosh
Turk
Belinelli
Jack

I might have misunderstood your post... but Belinelli was -9 today while DeRozan was +13, so that was not our best lineup.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
5DOM
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,811

Post#17 » by 5DOM » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:04 am

Relax. We just played our worst game against one of the worst teams in the league.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,411

Post#18 » by Tha Cynic » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:06 am

There is no way Jose comes off the bench, regardless of who's better suited to start.

Lets stop this now.
Kobe Bryant:You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
deeps6x
General Manager
And1: 5,881

Post#19 » by deeps6x » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:07 am

I would like to point out that Jose has been driving to the basket much more the past few games. If that is because he is getting worried about Jack taking his starting job - because Jack makes it look so easy - then, YES, Jack should start another game or two and really put some fear into Jose.

We need them to be pushing each other to get better and better. I think we made a great deal getting Jack and are paying Jose about the going rate for a starting PG.

Realistically, this team needs to be starting Jose and closing games with Jack. I'm tried of our huge leads evaporating in the 4th game after game when Jose checks back in. D UP MAN! D UP!
BoyzNTheHood wrote:I apologize, I have incredibly small genitalia
mr clutch-
Ballboy

Post#20 » by mr clutch- » Wed Dec 9, 2009 4:09 am

This only goes to show that we need to trade Jose and his non-existent D

Return to Toronto Raptors