ImageImageImageImageImage

have you checked out yet?

Moderators: HiJiNX, niQ, Morris_Shatford, DG88, Reeko, lebron stopper, 7 Footer, Duffman100

Clutch Carter
RealGM
And1: 71,878

Re: have you checked out yet? 

Post#61 » by Clutch Carter » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:45 am

If you can make it through the Kevin O'Neil era, this is a piece of cake.
#FreeLRJ Offical 1,000,000 post crew:
Raptor95,Seanbig,Spykelee,ClutchCarter,aRapsFan4eva,KozRJC,MAS,Slowlydrowningme,bigdub,GQstylin

Hypz
Head Coach
And1: 8

Post#62 » by Hypz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:57 am

Yep, I'm out.
shmoosicle
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,685

Post#63 » by shmoosicle » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:00 am

I never really fully give up but I find myself turning off the TV earlier and earlier in the game, because the team just doesn't have the talent or effort to make a come back in games.
HEKTOR
Veteran
And1: 1,323

Post#64 » by HEKTOR » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:01 am

Relax. Did you guys really expect us to win these last two games? Give me a break.

I can still seeing us squeezing into the play-offs, and if we don't, so what? Clearly a change is needed anyways.

Even though Calderon sucks on D at least it goes to show that its not all his fault. Good things happen when Bosh shows up on the defensive end. Unfortunately, he only seems to like making cameo appearances...
heemer
Veteran
And1: 14

Post#65 » by heemer » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:04 am

I still watch every game, but this really is tough to watch. At least go down swinging!
supersub15
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 27

Post#66 » by supersub15 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:06 am

I'm now coming into games expecting a loss. Yes, even against the Nets.

I'm currently watching only because I'm working on my PC most evenings and have Windows Media Centre hooked up to Rogers cable. I'm skipping Friday's and Sunday's games though.
Geddy
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 78,609

Post#67 » by Geddy » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 am

If you tune into every game now expecting a loss, then it won't be as hard to watch an entire game.
Inevitable wrote:Geddy is a good mod actually
Rhettmatic
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 14,547

Post#68 » by Rhettmatic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:11 am

I've been floating in and out of games lately. I've been a fan of the team since its inception and I haven't ever been this indifferent towards them.
Sig by the one and only Turbo_Zone.
postup
Sixth Man
And1: 267

Post#69 » by postup » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:14 am

Headliner wrote:Im not a kid anymore.
I have a career and responsibilities now, i still watch every game...but im now turning them off at half time on road trips and going to bed. Its not worth losing sleep to watch 20 point beat downs

What he said.

And when I do stay up, I'm mad at having wasted my time doing so. Then I get ready to take a royal razzing at work the next day ...

Thanks to Turbo_Zone for the sig.
Tha Cynic
RealGM
And1: 24,407

Post#70 » by Tha Cynic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:16 am

I have a bad feeling about the attendance for next season. Fans have stuck around through the losing up to this point, but this might be the final year. We're already seeing signs. If the die-hards are out...
Kobe Bryant: “You asked for my hustle - I gave you my heart, because it came with so much more."~Kobe #MambaOut
Courtside Cynic
Junior
And1: 221

Post#71 » by Courtside Cynic » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:18 am

I am in Vancouver (transplanted from Ottawa five years ago), and I have always been luke warm about having an NBA team back in Vancouver. My reasoning was always 'there is no way I could ever root for any other team other than the Raptors'.

I was just thinking the other day...maybe it wouldn't be so tough...considering how awful this team is, and continues to be. Considering how pissed I constantly get at their various inabilities. Heck, in the long run, it may even be better for me.

I have missed a game here and there this year, being on the road for work and out of the country on holidays. However, tonight I intentionally skipped the game to work out. I got home 3 minutes into the fourth quarter and saw exactly what I expected; the raps down by 14. I watched for a couple of minutes with a fragment of hope, but then saw wide open three sunk by Barnes and JJ. I felt my blood pressure start to rise...and in a defensive reaction, changed the channel and checked out.
99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#72 » by 99 Problems » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 am

So who do you guys want?

I know who BC wants...

99 Problems
Banned User
And1: 7

Post#73 » by 99 Problems » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:37 am

Tha Cynic wrote:I have a bad feeling about the attendance for next season. Fans have stuck around through the losing up to this point, but this might be the final year. We're already seeing signs. If the die-hards are out...

Yeah, I have a feeling with the team doing bad and the economic situation, MLSE is going to take a big hit at the gates next season...
tecumseh18
RealGM
And1: 10,091

Post#74 » by tecumseh18 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:43 am

Hard to check out when you've got seasons tickets. I thought I was being smart by selling all the bad games, but now I'll be stuck seeing them being blown out by the Celtics et al. It gets boring, especially with decreasing confidence that ANY of the young players will ever develop into difference makers.

The critical time in each game lately seems to be late in the first quarter after the substitutions are made. If the Raps start sliding at that point, I know they're not coming back. I'll check the score on ESPN thereafter, but so far there's been no need to tune back in.
CBC_Raptor
Rookie
And1: 67

Post#75 » by CBC_Raptor » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:46 am

I want to check out but the gal I'm sleeping with loves off this pathetic team.
Raptors 2019 NBA Champs!! I´m a Fun Guy.
TheDunc
Head Coach
And1: 1,275

Post#76 » by TheDunc » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:48 am

I am slowly starting to check out of games. I pvr them and im starting fast forward through. Imagine if us raptors had a team like the lakers, we would be crazy. But instead were stuck with the worst defensive team in ages....Ill still tune into the nets friday night but i might PVR the whole game and just watch it when i get back.
SuPeRBoY_KING
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#77 » by SuPeRBoY_KING » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:51 am

99 Problems wrote:So who do you guys want?

I know who BC wants...

It very well could happen...i've lost all confidence in the man.

But i hope he has some sense left and does whatever in his power...and i mean WHATEVER to try and get Wall. Trade anyone we have to get our hands on him...he has superstar written all over him
traps#10
Head Coach
And1: 8,364

Post#78 » by traps#10 » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:56 am

To the poster who asked who i want: I want a kid who is a sg/sf and can create his own shot using his handles and attack the rim. We haven't had one of those in a long time, and Hedo doesn't count.
Hendrix
RealGM
And1: 3,662

Post#79 » by Hendrix » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:22 am

HEKTOR wrote:Relax. Did you guys really expect us to win these last two games? Give me a break.

I can still seeing us squeezing into the play-offs, and if we don't, so what? Clearly a change is needed anyways.

Even though Calderon sucks on D at least it goes to show that its not all his fault. Good things happen when Bosh shows up on the defensive end. Unfortunately, he only seems to like making cameo appearances...

It really has nothing to do with loosing the last 2 specifically. Although the last 2 were good examples of boring games loosing by 20points, and never really looking like we have a chance to win. This year in our losses we are loosing by an average of 15 points in boring fashion. And when you watch this team, and they are down 15 points in the 3rd you never really get the feeling they will get back in it as they have the worst defense in the history of the NBA. At times it seems the only chace to come back from a 15pt deficit is to hit 15 3pt'rs in a row, and hope the 15 shots they hit in a row are all 2's. Vice versa when we're up 15pts we can give it up in an instant as our only form of defense is hoping the other team doesn't hit whatever open shot they choose to take.

It's just a boring team, that shows no hustle, effort, and makes the same mistakes over and over. They're simply hard to like imo.
oak2455 wrote:Do understand English???
Hoopstarr
RealGM
And1: 10,192

Post#80 » by Hoopstarr » Thu Dec 17, 2009 4:55 am

Checking out when your team plays like this doesn't make you a fair weather fan. There's just nothing on this team to be excited about. Only false promise and hype created by an inept management and brainwashed fans. Never has a top offense been so unwatchable and we're going to see an NBA record for defensive ineptitude. Fans have every right to check out without guilt.

I'm an even bigger Jays fan and they might just have an even worse season next year than the Raps, but I won't be checking out, because there's real hope with that team unlike with this one. I haven't been excited about this team since before TJ went down in Atlanta..

Return to Toronto Raptors