Cheering for Wins instead of Changes

Moderators: jazzfan1971, StocktonShorts, FJS, DanteSexum

User avatar
MeestR
Veteran
Posts: 2,941
And1: 84
Joined: Jan 30, 2006
Location: Sa'Lake Central!
   

Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#1 » by MeestR » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:45 am

as of 2330 MST on feb 22, 2013, the Jazz stand at 31-24 and 7th place in the west. With GSW beating the Spurs tonight, that puts us a full game back from 6th. can we catch the Warriors, Nuggets, or even Grizzlies? or will we slide past the Rockets, Blazers, Mavs, or even *gasp* the Lakers?

should be fun actually cheering for a team now instead of waiting for changes that never come. (as if waiting for one of the most conservative teams in the league to make changes ever proves fruitful... :pityfool: )

anyway, go Jazz! here's to stealing home court in the first round from somebody! :beer: :rocking:

http://basketball.realgm.com/nba/standi ... rence/2013
User avatar
Soul Patch
RealGM
Posts: 20,577
And1: 486
Joined: Jun 16, 2008
Location: I'm at the White Castle
Contact:

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#2 » by Soul Patch » Sat Feb 23, 2013 6:50 am

I'm into it.
Image
Jugs wrote:Fark orf slet kent dome wuote ujquote exp
RyanStorm
Rookie
Posts: 1,064
And1: 5
Joined: Jan 09, 2013

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#3 » by RyanStorm » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:25 am

I would like to see Warriors bomb the season by letting Lakers pass them up, cause surely Jazz and Rockets will do it eventually. It would be nice to sweep up on their draft pick with someone really good.

But I have been looking at the end, and we are not even considerable underdogs to win the championship let alone the 1st round, I mean were stacking against odds of not even going if Kobe can turn Lakers around! Even if we got 4th place, we will probably still be underdogs. I think we could go further next year,

I just don't know what we need to win in the future, cause we did nothing this year, besides still standing on the fence playing it extremely safe, instead of picking a side and sticking to it through the season. I think its obvious that we have a young talented group who could become tier 2 or 1.....On the Bench, but have a group of tier 3 and tier 4 players on starters who aren't getting any better and their stock is decreasing by the day.


I think its obvious were gonna resign jefferson, mo, foye and carroll. I just don't think were gonna bother with Marvin, hopefully, and I have a feeling were going to match FA deal for Millsap. I think Jazz didn't want to trade big assets till next year. That way we can collect our two first round picks this year, and this time next year trade away are big players for more draft picks in the 2013 draft, or for actual draft rights in 2014.

I mean how else are we gonna get another top 5 or 10 pick, when you don't suck, but can't win big to make your players worth a lot of money?


Next Year Starters after losing in the 1st round this season:

Mo - Foye - Hayward - Favors - Jefferson
RyanStorm
Rookie
Posts: 1,064
And1: 5
Joined: Jan 09, 2013

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#4 » by RyanStorm » Sat Feb 23, 2013 8:28 am

Were 6 games behind 4th and 4.5 games from being 9th.

Blazers and TWolves are pathetic for being decent teams. Lakers/Dallas are likely to catch up to us, then us catch up with Memphis/Clippers.
nle2367
Banned User
Posts: 193
And1: 1
Joined: Mar 11, 2012

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#5 » by nle2367 » Sat Feb 23, 2013 12:59 pm

RyanStorm wrote:I would like to see Warriors bomb the season by letting Lakers pass them up, cause surely Jazz and Rockets will do it eventually. It would be nice to sweep up on their draft pick with someone really good.

But I have been looking at the end, and we are not even considerable underdogs to win the championship let alone the 1st round, I mean were stacking against odds of not even going if Kobe can turn Lakers around! Even if we got 4th place, we will probably still be underdogs. I think we could go further next year,

I just don't know what we need to win in the future, cause we did nothing this year, besides still standing on the fence playing it extremely safe, instead of picking a side and sticking to it through the season. I think its obvious that we have a young talented group who could become tier 2 or 1.....On the Bench, but have a group of tier 3 and tier 4 players on starters who aren't getting any better and their stock is decreasing by the day.


I think its obvious were gonna resign jefferson, mo, foye and carroll. I just don't think were gonna bother with Marvin, hopefully, and I have a feeling were going to match FA deal for Millsap. I think Jazz didn't want to trade big assets till next year. That way we can collect our two first round picks this year, and this time next year trade away are big players for more draft picks in the 2013 draft, or for actual draft rights in 2014.

I mean how else are we gonna get another top 5 or 10 pick, when you don't suck, but can't win big to make your players worth a lot of money?


Next Year Starters after losing in the 1st round this season:

Mo - Foye - Hayward - Favors - Jefferson




:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Until you guys have surpassed the Warriors, don't bark. Bad karma will strike. LOL.
User avatar
StocktonShorts
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 12,388
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#6 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:10 pm

nle2367 wrote: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Until you guys have surpassed the Warriors, don't bark. Bad karma will strike. LOL.


I don't like the Jazz's odds to pass the Warriors; given their remaining schedule I think the Jazz may be fortunate to hold on to the 8th spot. But I'm pessimistic by nature.

On the other hand, if there is such a thing as karma surely the Jazz have more of it in the bank than the Warriors.
Image
User avatar
Ming Kong!
RealGM
Posts: 24,480
And1: 24
Joined: Nov 21, 2002
Location: Jazz fan in Miami, FL.

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#7 » by Ming Kong! » Sat Feb 23, 2013 5:49 pm

I for one am very happy with our team, I would of liked to have gotten a good return for either Paul or Al, but so be it, we didn't. What matters is getting Mo healthy for the playoffs, making a run for the 5th seed, and try to pull an upset (or upsets). We got Golden State's pick, and they are dropping off, so while the pick wont be a very high pick, it could possibly drop into the teens if the Lakers continue to make a push and Golden State continues to struggle.
red4hf
General Manager
Posts: 8,060
And1: 118
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#8 » by red4hf » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:43 pm

The only reason I wanted to see some changes made, is because I believe those changes would have made the Jazz better...... ie, more wins......
I have just as many championship rings as Jerry Sloan......
User avatar
Luigi
Veteran
Posts: 2,565
And1: 262
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#9 » by Luigi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 10:50 pm

Yes, I'm excited to see what the team can do with stability.

A bunch of guys are starting to hit their stride. Maybe we can be dangerous. Our bigs might be able to do some damage against the right team in the first round.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
User avatar
StocktonShorts
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 12,388
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#10 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:10 pm

red4hf wrote:The only reason I wanted to see some changes made, is because I believe those changes would have made the Jazz better...... ie, more wins......
Image
User avatar
StocktonShorts
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 12,388
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#11 » by StocktonShorts » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:11 pm

Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?
Image
User avatar
The59Sound
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,748
And1: 741
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#12 » by The59Sound » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:13 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


"Raja Bell appears to be wearing... a uniform..."
JazzMatt13 wrote:in the wise words of Vin Diesel, winning is winning, whether by 1 or a mile. (slightly edited).
User avatar
Luigi
Veteran
Posts: 2,565
And1: 262
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#13 » by Luigi » Sat Feb 23, 2013 11:23 pm

StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


If we were showcasing the expirers (Millsap and Jefferson) for trades, now we'll want to downplay them to lower their market value. We'll keep playing the best rotation to win, but maybe a small change here and there. I'm hoping for something like this:

Tinsley (24) / Watson (24)
Foye (28) / Burks (20) / Murphy
Ma. Williams (18) / Hayward (30) / Carrol
Millsap (24) / Favors (24) / Evans
Jefferson (32) / Kanter (16)
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
red4hf
General Manager
Posts: 8,060
And1: 118
Joined: Jul 04, 2002

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#14 » by red4hf » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:36 am

The59Sound wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


"Raja Bell appears to be wearing... a uniform..."


Is that for real, or a joke? My heart just stopped for a minute......
I have just as many championship rings as Jerry Sloan......
User avatar
The59Sound
Lead Assistant
Posts: 5,748
And1: 741
Joined: Jul 01, 2010
   

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#15 » by The59Sound » Sun Feb 24, 2013 12:49 am

red4hf wrote:
The59Sound wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


"Raja Bell appears to be wearing... a uniform..."


Is that for real, or a joke? My heart just stopped for a minute......


Haha. Just a joke. Sorry for your cardiac event!
JazzMatt13 wrote:in the wise words of Vin Diesel, winning is winning, whether by 1 or a mile. (slightly edited).
User avatar
StocktonShorts
Forum Mod - Jazz
Forum Mod - Jazz
Posts: 12,388
And1: 1,899
Joined: Jun 02, 2009
     

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#16 » by StocktonShorts » Sun Feb 24, 2013 1:15 am

Luigi wrote:
StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


If we were showcasing the expirers (Millsap and Jefferson) for trades, now we'll want to downplay them to lower their market value. We'll keep playing the best rotation to win, but maybe a small change here and there. I'm hoping for something like this:

Tinsley (24) / Watson (24)
Foye (28) / Burks (20) / Murphy
Ma. Williams (18) / Hayward (30) / Carrol
Millsap (24) / Favors (24) / Evans
Jefferson (32) / Kanter (16)


I was also thinking of Marvin.
Image
User avatar
Luigi
Veteran
Posts: 2,565
And1: 262
Joined: Aug 13, 2009
 

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#17 » by Luigi » Sun Feb 24, 2013 2:27 am

Yeah, I think I let my hopes get too high on him. I'm really hoping Burks keeps it up. For a while I thought he might have been a lost pick.
In '03-'04, Jerry Sloan coached the ESPN predicted "worst team of all time" to 42-40.
User avatar
Neon Black
Starter
Posts: 2,294
And1: 19
Joined: Jun 25, 2007
Location: Salt Lake City

Re: Cheering for Wins instead of Changes 

Post#18 » by Neon Black » Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:44 am

StocktonShorts wrote:Do you think we'll see any changes to the minutes distribution now that the deadline has passed?

Didn't that happen last year?


I kind of doubt it. But if the Jazz decide they don't need to pad Millsap/Jefferson's trade value anymore then MAYBE Favors and Kanter play a bit more.

Return to Utah Jazz