Jazz(8-5) @ Blazers(8-5)

Moderators: FJS, Inigo Montoya

HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Re: Jazz(8-5) @ Blazers(8-5) 

Post#61 » by HolyToledo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:35 am

good win by the Jazz! Nice to see Jefferson have a good game and finally he was aggressive on the boards. Miles was incredible tonight. I wish they didnt give away the Spurs game, but this game should go a long way with an easier schedule in next week and do wonders for this team.
Top 4 seed in the West!!! Guaranteed!!!
Sloanfeld
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#62 » by Sloanfeld » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:36 am

Portland decided not to rebound in the fourth quarter. They had no go to guy in the end.
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#63 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:38 am

HolyToledo wrote:good win by the Jazz! Nice to see Jefferson have a good game and finally he was aggressive on the boards. Miles was incredible tonight. I wish they didnt give away the Spurs game, but this game should go a long way with an easier schedule in next week and do wonders for this team.

Easier what?? Don't we have both NOH and LAL next week?
Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
HolyToledo
Assistant Coach
And1: 1

Post#64 » by HolyToledo » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:46 am

home games are suppose to be easier and new orleans is a very over-rated that is going to start losing. They also just made a trade and, as the Jazz know, incorporating new players into a team takes time.
Top 4 seed in the West!!! Guaranteed!!!
Jazzfan Bayamon
Veteran

Post#65 » by Jazzfan Bayamon » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:49 am

HolyToledo wrote:home games are suppose to be easier and new orleans is a very over-rated that is going to start losing. They also just made a trade and, as the Jazz know, incorporating new players into a team takes time.

Don't you know this team sucks at home?? :banghead: And tough home games is NOT what we need to get a groove at home (see OKC and SAS).

I still think we need to play our young guns at home to give us that spark we need...

Siempre con mi isla del encanto!!
babyjax13
RealGM
And1: 14,280

Post#66 » by babyjax13 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:55 am

I think that it is great that we have gone through such a tough schedule so well.

JazzMatt13 wrote:just because I think aliens probably have to do with JFK, doesn't mean my theory that Jazz will never get Wiggins, isn't true.

JColl
Nate505
RealGM
And1: 11,684

Post#67 » by Nate505 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 9:50 am

How often does a team who gets 17 less shots and gets destroyed on the offensive boards (-18) win a game? Amazing.
The59Sound
Head Coach
And1: 917

Post#68 » by The59Sound » Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:07 am

Nate505 wrote:How often does a team who gets 17 less shots and gets destroyed on the offensive boards (-18) win a game? Amazing.

Yeah. Nice win, for sure, and good to CJ Miles have his one-really-good-game-in-ten. But we're not going to keep getting away with our ridiculous rebounding problem.
R-DAWG wrote:Look guys, no matter what happens we know Fegan is a man of his word and Dwight Howard doesn't change his mind once he makes a decision.

The Quantifiable Connection: An Interstellar fan site.
http://www.quantifiableconnection.com
seejaydeja
Lead Assistant
And1: 53

Post#69 » by seejaydeja » Sun Nov 21, 2010 4:58 pm

i have a feeling i'm going to be screaming at my TV a lot this season until Okur gets back or the coaches let go of their balls and play Fes. they can't rebound for ****.
UTJazzFan_Echo1
Lead Assistant
And1: 279

Post#70 » by UTJazzFan_Echo1 » Sun Nov 21, 2010 5:09 pm

babyjax13 wrote:I think that it is great that we have gone through such a tough schedule so well.

I wouldn't say we've played great.....our home record is terrible. We've played good.
Jerry Sloan >>>>>>>> Everything else.
gojazzmjsucks
Rookie

Post#71 » by gojazzmjsucks » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:01 pm

Loved the line up with Watson and Dwill out there! CJ Miles if you play like that more often we are going to take off!that was incredible how he shot it from the outside. We really need to figure something out on the boards i was screaming at the TV!
HammerDunk
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by HammerDunk » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:17 pm

seejaydeja wrote:i have a feeling i'm going to be screaming at my TV a lot this season until Okur gets back or the coaches let go of their balls and play Fes. they can't rebound for ****.

Not to burst your bubble, but Fes isn't a very good rebounder either. He tries to contest shots instead of getting position, just like Al. This team just needs to change their mentality. This doesn't just fall to the bigs. The guards need to be more aware of long rebounds, especially the 2s and 3s. Deron has rebounded well this year, but everyone else can do better at the smaller positions.

For the rest of the game, I was impressed by the heart of this team. It is going to win them so many games this year. Deron was visibly bothered by his foot, and shot very poorly, but for us to still win that game despite his poor play, is outstanding. CJ had the game of his life, which won't happen often, but he is showing that he can be a consistent 13-17 point contributor, which is just what we need. I just hope this game doesn't get him in the mindset that he should only shoot threes. I hope he is more excited by his awesome dunk than all his 3s, thats the player we need from CJ. My favorite thing is that he did it right in Wes' face. I love Wesley, he will always be one of my favorite players around the league, but he wanted to show the Jazz what we missed out on, and CJ gave him a nice sportsmanlike F U. That was great!

Al finally had a really good rebounding game, though it didn't seem like it. Sap had a terrible game. I'm hoping these last two games have more to do with his head cold than any kind of trend that is starting.

I really like how Raja got the team started, if he can do that more often, it will open up things for the rest of the team. He finally rebounded well.

I'm starting to wonder if Elson wasn't the best get the Jazz made this off-season. The guy has played like the vet we hoped he would be. He may not be the rebounding machine that we need, but he is an energy guy that has a pretty decent stroke, and decent inside game. I'm glad we have so many options coming off the bench for big men.

Finally, I was generally encouraged by the play of Watson. He is starting to find his groove in the Jazz system, and ran things really well while Deron played the 2. That was a nice glimpse of what can happen with a true PG running back up. He is doing exactly what we need.

I loved watching the comeback in the 4th of this game. I wanted somebody to give a swift elbow to Rudys face. The guy makes a 3 and acts like he is Reggie Miller. 3/10 is nothing buddy. We think CJ is a chucker, this guy didn't take anything BUT a 3... Nice win for the Jazz against a good division opponent. 5 in a row against Portland, I like the sound of that. :D
Word is, South Beach is ecstatic that they
won't be seeing Millsaps talents again this season...

Return to Utah Jazz